“Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.” (2 Corinthians 5:17) We have all made some mistakes. We have all experienced our share of ups and downs and we all have some hidden areas that still need some working on. There […]
Tag Archives | McCondy
PONTOTOC – W.C. Usher, 72, died Monday, Nov. 4, 2013, at Sanctuary Hospice House in Tupelo. A native of Pontotoc, he was the son of F.C. and Pearlie Mae Hatchett Usher. He was a member of Usher Valley United Methodist Church where he was a member of the male chorus, usher, trustee, steward, president of […]
TUPELO – Maxine Linn Murphree, 89, a Houston native, passed away early Sunday morning, Nov. 3, 2013, at AvonLea Assisted Living & Retirement Community in Tupelo. Maxine was born March 6, 1924, the oldest daughter of Emma Boyce and W.J. “”Willie Jim”” Linn and the granddaughter of Nannie Virginia Westbrook and Finus Harris Linn. Maxine […]
McCONDY – Nancy Jane Brown Ward, 89, passed away Saturday, Oct. 19, 2013, at her home in McCondy. She was born Feb. 11, 1924, in Chickasaw County to John Brown and Lizzie Huffman Brown. She was a homemaker and a member of Lawson Chapel Church of Christ. Services are 10 a.m. Monday, Oct. 21, […]
McCONDY – Joe Lee Sheperd, 74, died Sunday, Sept. 29, 2013, at his home. He was born Nov. 17, 1938, to Joe Rone and Tildie Shepherd. He attended Houston schools. He as a member of Pleasant Plain, where he served as an usher, a choir member and a trustee of the Deacon board. Services will […]
MCCONDY – An accident just past midnight Saturday Aug. 17 claimed the life of an Okolona man. Joshua Parker, 27, of Okolona was reported dead at the scene when emergency workers arrived following a pedestrian/vehicle accident. Coroner Andy Harmon said the accident is still under investigation, but it appeared Parker was walking in the roadway […]
2 Peter 1:5-8 Because you have these blessings, do your best to add these things to your lives: to your faith, add goodness; and to your goodness, add knowledge; and to your knowledge, add self-control; and to your self-control, add patience; and to your patience, add service for God; and to your service for God, […]
PRAIRIE – Inez Naugle Caradine, 81, went on to be with the Lord Monday, March 4, 2013, at her home in the Caradine community. She was born Jan. 14, 1932, in the Caradine community of north Clay County to the late Clara Naugle Caradine and Hugh Grant Caradine Sr. Inez Naugle Caradine was a member […]
- Garner selected as State Champ March 1, 2014
- Lady Rams open season March 6, 2014
- Voter ID available at Clerk’s office March 6, 2014
- EDITORIAL: School Consolidation March 6, 2014
- Claude Johnson March 6, 2014
- WINTER JAM: Christian music festival sells out at BancorpSouth Arena March 7, 2014
- Reading is learning March 7, 2014
- All runs come to an end March 7, 2014
- Senior night March 7, 2014
- Claude Johnson March 7, 2014
- Marathon set for Tanglefoot Trail | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Trail opening was top story for 2013 [...
- Tickets issued for dogs in Okolona | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Robertson speaks to Okolona Aldermen [...
- DOCKET: Circuit Court in Okolona | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Circuit Court verdicts imposed in Okolon...
- WEDDING: Earnest/Morgan | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] E.J. Earnest […]...
- 60th ANNIVERSARY: Rad & Betty Clark | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Ralph Coggins […]...