HOUSTON – Senatorial candidate Chris McDaniel is trying to visit ten towns a day in his campaign to unseat longtime incumbent Senator Thad Cochran, and Thursday, one of those stops was Houston. McDaniel dropped in Moore’s Restaurant in Houston and worked the room shaking hands and sitting down in booths with those eating breakfast, asking […]
Tag Archives | Mathiston
Mr. and Mrs. Stacy Spratlin of Houston are pleased to announce the engagement of their daughter, Karmen Leigh Spratlin, to LCpl Christopher Blake Kimbrough, son of Andy Kimbrough and Tony and Emily Zizzi of Tupelo, Mississippi. Miss Spratlin is a graduate of Houston High School and will graduate from Itawamba Community College in May as […]
PHEBA – Peggy Boyette Bigham, 80, passed away April 4, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center in West Point. She was born Jan. 9, 1934, in Mathiston, the daughter of William Clay and Mattie Ruth Tollison Boyette. She was a retired seamstress with Monte Glove, a retired school bus driver and a Baptist. She married […]
MATHISTON – Barbara Ann Perry Aycock, 68, died Sunday, Feb. 9, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. She was born Feb. 26, 1945, in Choctaw County. She was a retired teacher and counselor. She was a member of Chester Baptist Church. Services will be at 1 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 13, at Chester Baptist […]
EUPORA – Mary Lou Latham Farley, 79, died Tuesday, Nov. 12, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center Long Term Care Unit in Eupora. member of Shady Grove Baptist Church in Webster County. She retired from Wells Lamont Glove Mfg. and North Mississippi Medical Center in Eupora. She graduated from Mathiston High School in 1952. Services […]
HOUSTON – Naomi Kathlene Williford Talley, 58, died Tuesday, Aug. 27, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. She was born Aug. 12, 1955, in Stonewall to Lloyd Williford and Wanda Putt Williford. Graveside services will be at 10 a.m. Thursday, Aug. 29, at Spring Valley Methodist Church Cemetery in Mathiston with Bro. Charles […]
MATHISTON – Donald Wilson Sr., 92, died Monday, July 22, 2013, at Oktibbeha County Hospital in Starkville. Services will be at 2 p.m. Saturday, July 27, at Oliver Funeral Home Chapel in Eupora. Burial will be in Spring Valley Cemetery in Mathiston. Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. Friday at the funeral home.
Jimmy and Amy Alford of Woodland announce the engagement of their daughter, Brooke Michele Alford, to Clayton Douglas Dodd, son of Doug and Patsy Dodd of Mathiston. The bride-elect is the granddaughter of Mr. and Mrs. Charles Lancaster of Woodland, the late Albert Bingham Gore of Eupora and the late Mr. and Mrs. Modis Alford […]
HOUSTON – Donna Dale Frye Fuller, 57, died Thursday, June 6, 2013. She was born Aug. 13, 1955 in Lowndes County to Denver Jackson Frye and Sally Faye Belle Frye. She was a member of Pineview Mission Church. Services were at 10 a.m. Sunday, June 9, at Deweese Cemetery. Memorial Funeral Home is in […]
HOUSTON – All quilts tell a story and the one found by Becky Johnson on a rural road is no different. Johnson is co-owner of Silly Whispers in Houston and so when she passed a quilt on the side of the road recently she had to stop. She took the dirty old spread home, washed […]
- Sundancer seeks 14th national title: Houston racers head to Texas for Solar Car Challenge July 18, 2014
- Aldermen mull vendor permits July 22, 2014
- Taking their game on the road July 22, 2014
- MDOT changes weight limits on county bridges July 22, 2014
- Houston man arrested for rustling July 22, 2014
- Sales tax holiday starts after midnight July 24, 2014
- Better Schools petitions available July 24, 2014
- Houston Solar Car has 160 mile lead July 24, 2014
- Houston schools prep for registration July 24, 2014
- Emergency July 24, 2014
- Pat Southerland: It is interesting to see that Mrs. Dendy is resign...
- Michael Mcalpin: So glad to have this service back locally....
- Pat Burgess: Congratulations to Jim for the award and for all t...
- Chip Ingram: My son Daniel was given a Bobbie Gentry album by ...
- Pam Dendy: I have that first album. My Daddy bought it for me...