HOUSTON – Senatorial candidate Chris McDaniel is trying to visit ten towns a day in his campaign to unseat longtime incumbent Senator Thad Cochran, and Thursday, one of those stops was Houston. McDaniel dropped in Moore’s Restaurant in Houston and worked the room shaking hands and sitting down in booths with those eating breakfast, asking […]
Tag Archives | Mathiston
Mr. and Mrs. Stacy Spratlin of Houston are pleased to announce the engagement of their daughter, Karmen Leigh Spratlin, to LCpl Christopher Blake Kimbrough, son of Andy Kimbrough and Tony and Emily Zizzi of Tupelo, Mississippi. Miss Spratlin is a graduate of Houston High School and will graduate from Itawamba Community College in May as […]
PHEBA – Peggy Boyette Bigham, 80, passed away April 4, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center in West Point. She was born Jan. 9, 1934, in Mathiston, the daughter of William Clay and Mattie Ruth Tollison Boyette. She was a retired seamstress with Monte Glove, a retired school bus driver and a Baptist. She married […]
MATHISTON – Barbara Ann Perry Aycock, 68, died Sunday, Feb. 9, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. She was born Feb. 26, 1945, in Choctaw County. She was a retired teacher and counselor. She was a member of Chester Baptist Church. Services will be at 1 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 13, at Chester Baptist […]
EUPORA – Mary Lou Latham Farley, 79, died Tuesday, Nov. 12, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center Long Term Care Unit in Eupora. member of Shady Grove Baptist Church in Webster County. She retired from Wells Lamont Glove Mfg. and North Mississippi Medical Center in Eupora. She graduated from Mathiston High School in 1952. Services […]
HOUSTON – Naomi Kathlene Williford Talley, 58, died Tuesday, Aug. 27, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. She was born Aug. 12, 1955, in Stonewall to Lloyd Williford and Wanda Putt Williford. Graveside services will be at 10 a.m. Thursday, Aug. 29, at Spring Valley Methodist Church Cemetery in Mathiston with Bro. Charles […]
MATHISTON – Donald Wilson Sr., 92, died Monday, July 22, 2013, at Oktibbeha County Hospital in Starkville. Services will be at 2 p.m. Saturday, July 27, at Oliver Funeral Home Chapel in Eupora. Burial will be in Spring Valley Cemetery in Mathiston. Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. Friday at the funeral home.
Jimmy and Amy Alford of Woodland announce the engagement of their daughter, Brooke Michele Alford, to Clayton Douglas Dodd, son of Doug and Patsy Dodd of Mathiston. The bride-elect is the granddaughter of Mr. and Mrs. Charles Lancaster of Woodland, the late Albert Bingham Gore of Eupora and the late Mr. and Mrs. Modis Alford […]
HOUSTON – Donna Dale Frye Fuller, 57, died Thursday, June 6, 2013. She was born Aug. 13, 1955 in Lowndes County to Denver Jackson Frye and Sally Faye Belle Frye. She was a member of Pineview Mission Church. Services were at 10 a.m. Sunday, June 9, at Deweese Cemetery. Memorial Funeral Home is in […]
HOUSTON – All quilts tell a story and the one found by Becky Johnson on a rural road is no different. Johnson is co-owner of Silly Whispers in Houston and so when she passed a quilt on the side of the road recently she had to stop. She took the dirty old spread home, washed […]
- MDWFP museum summer camp registration now open March 25, 2015
- DANIEL GARDNER: We’d best pay attention March 28, 2015
- Yokohama Mississippi nearing completion March 28, 2015
- One dead in crash south of Okolona March 28, 2015
- First Turkey March 28, 2015
- Coggins to lead Lenten Luncheon March 31, 2015
- Houston plans for farmer’s market March 31, 2015
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Help us “Save a Child” March 30, 2015
- Circuit Court term opened Monday March 30, 2015
- BIRTH: Emmitt Verell Wright March 29, 2015
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...
- i’m engaged, you can be too | architecture | equality: […] the design and related impacts of a new...
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...