By Lynn West New Albany Gazette UNION COUNTY — New Albany police had taken 46 suspects into custody Wednesday out of 48 indicted as part of “Operation Fish Net” and expected to get the other two soon. The operation was a mass roundup of people charged with selling drugs in New Albany. Michael Erby, head […]
Tag Archives | Mathis
HOUSTON – September 30 came and went this year and, well, like the song goes, it was just “another sleepy, dusty Delta day.” But in 1967 more than 2,000 people jammed the Square in downtown Houston to catch a glimpse of country music star Bobbie Gentry as the community honored the Chickasaw County native with […]
BANNER – Jeanie Mathis Quattlebaum, 76, died Wednesday, Aug. 28, 2013, at her home. She was born Feb. 9, 1937, in Water Valley. She was a homemaker and a former general store owner in Banner. Services will be at 2 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 31, at Parker Memorial Funeral Home Chapel in Bruce with Elder Ed […]
HOUSTON – Robin Mathis will be the first to say Houston has been good to him. Mathis and his brother co-founded WCPC radio station in 1955 and though he sold the station several years ago, Mathis, 83, still shows up at the red-brick building on old Highway 15 in Houston five days a week. “Radio […]
- Houston duo named Showcase MVPs August 23, 2014
- Houlka falls to East Union August 28, 2014
- Supervisors discuss ambulance service August 28, 2014
- Lady Toppers strong at plate and field August 28, 2014
- INGRAM: Dove season makes my trigger-finger itch August 28, 2014
- THOMPSON: Paying at the pump August 30, 2014
- Lady Tigers accept ALS challenge. August 30, 2014
- Volunteer and make a difference August 29, 2014
- This is the way we roll! August 29, 2014
- Eight-man Eagles open season August 28, 2014
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...
- Pat Southerland: It is interesting to see that Mrs. Dendy is resign...