EUPORA – Children of America and Youth Fest held summer camp June 26-29 at Kamp Kumbaya in Eupora where the campers had a chance to enjoy many educational and fun activities. There were a total of 40 campers and 15 staff members. Campers participated in a reading contest, math contest, Spanish challenge, arts and crafts, […]
Tag Archives | Math
HOUSTON – St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital in Memphis, Tenn., touches lives of children all around the world and some local children did their part to help this spring. The St. Jude Math-a-Thon is an annual event at Houston Lower Elementary School and had more participants than ever this year. “We had 87 kids,” said […]
HOUSTON – Michael and Larry Newman planned and worked hard to get their GED The General Educational Development) test is a group of four subject tests which, when passed, certify that the test taker has high school-level academic skills. “Nothing is hard if you are ready for it,” said Michael, 22, who currently works at […]
HOUSTON – Teachers get homework, too. Teachers at Houston schools were in the classroom recently gearing up for the implementation of Common Core into the district’s curriculum and while the big changes will be seen by teachers, students and parents will see changes, too. “Going to block scheduling for reading and writing at the Middle […]
- Emergency July 24, 2014
- Fire Academy July 27, 2014
- Horn/Jones July 27, 2014
- Cherry/Dendy July 27, 2014
- This story has a ring to it July 28, 2014
- Houlka Attendance Center engulfed by fire (w/video) July 30, 2014
- Area school dress code policies July 30, 2014
- Parents can be fined for truancy July 30, 2014
- Required Vaccinations July 29, 2014
- Reach, throw, row, go! July 29, 2014
- Pat Southerland: It is interesting to see that Mrs. Dendy is resign...
- Michael Mcalpin: So glad to have this service back locally....
- Pat Burgess: Congratulations to Jim for the award and for all t...
- Chip Ingram: My son Daniel was given a Bobbie Gentry album by ...
- Pam Dendy: I have that first album. My Daddy bought it for me...