(Floyd Ingram / Buy at photos.chickasawjournal.com) More than 75 Masonic officers were installed at ceremonies Friday night at the Masonic Lodge in downtown Okolona. Shown taking part in the Master Mason installation were Mississippi Deputy Grand Master Bill Sloan, Todd Kilgore Houston Lodge 67, Billy Joe Wright Montpelier Lodge 220, Stan Mann Nettleton Lodge 451, […]
Tag Archives | Mason
Eleven more indictments from the April 15-16 Union County grand jury session have been released by the circuit clerk’s office. Indictments remain secret until defendants are served with the indictment papers. While a majority of the more recent releases involve drug charges, other crimes alleged include grand larceny, child endangerment and identity fraud. Newly released […]
By Lynn West New Albany Gazette UNION COUNTY — New Albany police had taken 46 suspects into custody Wednesday out of 48 indicted as part of “Operation Fish Net” and expected to get the other two soon. The operation was a mass roundup of people charged with selling drugs in New Albany. Michael Erby, head […]
CALHOUN CITY – Rubert Ovid Kimbrough, 89, died Monday, April 7, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. He was born March 22, 1925, in Van Vleet to Robert Kimbrough and Willie Turman Kimbrough. He was a retired maintenance foreman for C.H. Services; a member of Calhoun City First Baptist Church and a Mason. […]
HOUSTON – John Mason Turman, 85, died Saturday, March 22, 2014. Arrangements are incomplete and will be announced later by Memorial Funeral Home.
OKOLONA – William “Pete” Hughes, 59, died Monday, Dec. 30, 2013, at his residence. He served 23 years in the U.S. Army and he was a brick mason. Services will be at 11 a.m. Friday, Jan. 3, at Calvary Baptist Church in Okolona with Clarence Frison officiating. Burial with military honors will follow in New […]
OKOLONA – William “Pete” Hughes, 59, died Monday, Dec. 30, 2013, at his residence. He served 23 years in the U.S. Army, and he was a brick mason. Services will be at 11 a.m. Friday, Jan. 3, at Calvary Baptist Church in Okolona with Clarence Frison officiating. Burial with military honors will follow in New […]
MONTPELIER – Michael A. “Mike” Cliett, 67, passed away on Sunday, Dec. 15, 2013, at Darlington Oaks Community Hospice in Verona. He was born March 10, 1946, in Houston to Nancy Shirley Harrington Cliett and Aubrey E. Cliett. He was a farmer and had worked for Four County EPA with the buildings and grounds for […]
AMORY – Bobby Barrentine, 67, died Thursday, Dec. 5, 2013, at Gilmore Memorial Regional Medical Center in Amory. He was born July 28, 1946, in Monroe County to Orpha James, Harry Barrentine and stepfather, Charlie James. He attended West Amory High School, and he was a member of the Church of Christ, where he served […]
EL DORADO, Ark. – Doyle Roland James, 83, died Saturday, July 20, 2013, at Christus St. Michael Hospital in Texarkana, Texas. He was born Feb. 13, 1930, in Calhoun County to John Jackson James and Carrie Addice Murphree James He was a former owner of Union Tire Company. He served in the U.S. Air Force. […]
PONTOTOC – Howard Clemons, 86, died Friday, May 24, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. He was member of Pleasant Ridge Baptist Church where he was a deacon. He was a Master Mason, a member of the Cal-Chick Hunting Club and a WWII Army Veteran. He was an avid fox hunter and […]
RANDOLPH – Max Colby Staten, 75, died Monday, March 11, 2013, in Pontotoc. He was born Jan. 20, 1938, in Counce, Tenn., to Cleophas and Elzie Parker Staten. He was a member of West Heights Baptist Church and a Mason. He graduated from Pontotoc High School in 1955 and attended Mississippi State University. He served […]
- COPES: Super Moms honored May 20, 2015
- DANIEL GARDNER: Irreconcilable, irrational Differences May 23, 2015
- EDITORIAL: Summer is a time to grow May 23, 2015
- Spring squirrel season opens May 23, 2015
- Looking at the future May 24, 2015
- Learning to give May 27, 2015
- MDEQ awards solid waste grant to Chickasaw County May 27, 2015
- Handgrabbing fishing season is open statewide until July 15 May 26, 2015
- State of the Region Meeting is Wednesday May 26, 2015
- Click It or Ticket! May 25, 2015
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...
- i’m engaged, you can be too | architecture | equality: […] the design and related impacts of a new...
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...