Eleven more indictments from the April 15-16 Union County grand jury session have been released by the circuit clerk’s office. Indictments remain secret until defendants are served with the indictment papers. While a majority of the more recent releases involve drug charges, other crimes alleged include grand larceny, child endangerment and identity fraud. Newly released […]
Tag Archives | Mason
By Lynn West New Albany Gazette UNION COUNTY — New Albany police had taken 46 suspects into custody Wednesday out of 48 indicted as part of “Operation Fish Net” and expected to get the other two soon. The operation was a mass roundup of people charged with selling drugs in New Albany. Michael Erby, head […]
CALHOUN CITY – Rubert Ovid Kimbrough, 89, died Monday, April 7, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. He was born March 22, 1925, in Van Vleet to Robert Kimbrough and Willie Turman Kimbrough. He was a retired maintenance foreman for C.H. Services; a member of Calhoun City First Baptist Church and a Mason. […]
HOUSTON – John Mason Turman, 85, died Saturday, March 22, 2014. Arrangements are incomplete and will be announced later by Memorial Funeral Home.
OKOLONA – William “Pete” Hughes, 59, died Monday, Dec. 30, 2013, at his residence. He served 23 years in the U.S. Army and he was a brick mason. Services will be at 11 a.m. Friday, Jan. 3, at Calvary Baptist Church in Okolona with Clarence Frison officiating. Burial with military honors will follow in New […]
OKOLONA – William “Pete” Hughes, 59, died Monday, Dec. 30, 2013, at his residence. He served 23 years in the U.S. Army, and he was a brick mason. Services will be at 11 a.m. Friday, Jan. 3, at Calvary Baptist Church in Okolona with Clarence Frison officiating. Burial with military honors will follow in New […]
MONTPELIER – Michael A. “Mike” Cliett, 67, passed away on Sunday, Dec. 15, 2013, at Darlington Oaks Community Hospice in Verona. He was born March 10, 1946, in Houston to Nancy Shirley Harrington Cliett and Aubrey E. Cliett. He was a farmer and had worked for Four County EPA with the buildings and grounds for […]
AMORY – Bobby Barrentine, 67, died Thursday, Dec. 5, 2013, at Gilmore Memorial Regional Medical Center in Amory. He was born July 28, 1946, in Monroe County to Orpha James, Harry Barrentine and stepfather, Charlie James. He attended West Amory High School, and he was a member of the Church of Christ, where he served […]
EL DORADO, Ark. – Doyle Roland James, 83, died Saturday, July 20, 2013, at Christus St. Michael Hospital in Texarkana, Texas. He was born Feb. 13, 1930, in Calhoun County to John Jackson James and Carrie Addice Murphree James He was a former owner of Union Tire Company. He served in the U.S. Air Force. […]
PONTOTOC – Howard Clemons, 86, died Friday, May 24, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. He was member of Pleasant Ridge Baptist Church where he was a deacon. He was a Master Mason, a member of the Cal-Chick Hunting Club and a WWII Army Veteran. He was an avid fox hunter and […]
RANDOLPH – Max Colby Staten, 75, died Monday, March 11, 2013, in Pontotoc. He was born Jan. 20, 1938, in Counce, Tenn., to Cleophas and Elzie Parker Staten. He was a member of West Heights Baptist Church and a Mason. He graduated from Pontotoc High School in 1955 and attended Mississippi State University. He served […]
- City Clerk resumes reviewed August 18, 2014
- Color For A Cause seeks runners August 20, 2014
- Mobile Vet Center coming to Houston August 21, 2014
- EDITORIAL: Eyes and ears August 21, 2014
- INGRAM: Paying the price at the pump August 21, 2014
- SCOTT: Let’s clean up our own back yard first August 23, 2014
- Houston duo named Showcase MVPs August 23, 2014
- Color For A Cause is Saturday August 22, 2014
- CUNNINGHAM: Developing Common Core standards August 22, 2014
- Okolona school bond vote is Tuesday August 22, 2014
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...
- Pat Southerland: It is interesting to see that Mrs. Dendy is resign...