ABERDEEN – Mary Frances Bailey, 72, died Saturday, June 8, 2013, at Baptist Memorial Hospital in Columbus. Services will be at 11 a.m. Saturday, June 15, at Zion Spring M.B. Church in Okolona. Dr. Henry Gladney will officiate. Burial will be in the church cemetery. Belle Memorial Funeral Home of Aberdeen is in charge. She […]
Tag Archives | Mary
PRAIRIE – Mary E. Smitherman Smith, 89, passed away on Friday, June 7, 2013, at her home in the Una community of Prairie. She was born April 22, 1924, in Monroe County to Bertie Barnes and Grady Smitherman. She had worked at TIL Garment Factory in Aberdeen, retiring in 1981. During World War II she […]
CEDAR BLUFF – Mary Dye Brand, 92, passed away on Sunday, June 2, 2013, at Dugan Memorial Home in West Point. She was born June 10, 1920, in Calhoun County in the Derma community to Willie Mae Ward and Reginald E. Dye. She was a homemaker and a member of Enon Baptist Church. She was […]
OKOLONA – Okolona’s race for mayor came down to the wire, with absentee ballots determing the winner in a close contest. At the close of voting, former Mayor Sherman Carouthers led incumbent Mayor Louise Cole, 455-450, but once absentees and affadavits were counted and certified, Cole had retained her seat by a margin of 507-477. […]
WOODLAND – Mary Jane Lyons, 56, died Thursday, May 9, 2013, at Baptist Memorial Hospital in Columbus. Services will be at noon Thursday at St. Paul Beasley CME Church. Burial will be in Lower Prairie Creek M.B. Church Cemetery. Carter’s Mortuary Services of West Point is in charge of the arrangements. Visitation will be from […]
HOUSTON – The local numbers are staggering and the wounds inflicted by violent crime in this community can take years to heal. SURVIVAL, Inc. is currently working with more than 30 people in Chickasaw County who have been the victim of violent crime. The organization is working with hundreds of people in a six-county area. […]
OKOLONA – Mary Jean Pounds died Friday, April 12, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center. She was born Feb. 11, 1944, to Middie L. Pounds and Clifford Enos in Plantersville. She graduated from Sims High School. She enjoyed reading her Bible, working in her flower garden. She loved people and never met a stranger. She […]
The mission at Mugs on Main is to bring community together and if they can sell a cup of coffee and a cookie along the way, that’s great. Mugs on Main opened at the front of Excel Common’s senior adult center a little over a year ago as a venue for older residents of Okolona […]
Lenten lunch at Houston FUMC Family Life Center will be held at noon today with Sr. Pat Hinton of Immaculate Heart of Mary Catholic Church as guest speaker. Light lunch will be served. There is no charge for lunch, but donations will be given to the Greater Houston Ministerial Association to help the less fortunate. […]
- Extension gives out 1,600 trees March 3, 2014
- Lady Eagles wrap in Overall March 6, 2014
- Dale Weeks March 6, 2014
- FLOYD INGRAM: A dog named Sunday March 6, 2014
- Virginia Dopson March 6, 2014
- Circuit Court verdict rendered in Okolona March 10, 2014
- Big Bass! March 8, 2014
- Spring forward! March 8, 2014
- WINTER JAM: Christian music festival sells out at BancorpSouth Arena March 7, 2014
- Reading is learning March 7, 2014
- Marathon set for Tanglefoot Trail | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Trail opening was top story for 2013 [...
- Tickets issued for dogs in Okolona | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Robertson speaks to Okolona Aldermen [...
- DOCKET: Circuit Court in Okolona | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Circuit Court verdicts imposed in Okolon...
- WEDDING: Earnest/Morgan | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] E.J. Earnest […]...
- 60th ANNIVERSARY: Rad & Betty Clark | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Ralph Coggins […]...