Special to the Chickasaw Journal Jerry and Martha Jenkins Griffin celebrate their Golden Anniversary this month and lived in Houston for 23 years before moving to Tupelo and now live in Saltillo. Their marriage has been blessed with a daughter, Carla Starr Griffin Parker; four grandchildren, Alayna Starr Parker, Linda Mae Dillard, Cody and Chad […]
Tag Archives | Martha
HOUSTON – Friends share with friends and the ladies at Cottonwood Cove got together last week to do just that. Fourteen residents of the senior citizen apartment complex gathered at the community room Thursday night to enjoy refreshments, fellowship and swap plants. “We always encourage our residents to make their apartments their home,” said Martha […]
SHANNON – Hazel Jean Kennedy Grammer, 79, died Monday, June 16, 2014, at her residence in Shannon after an extended illness. She was born in Tishomingo County on Dec. 3, 1934, to Willie Dexter and Virdie Lorena Stanley Kennedy. She worked for 32 years as a nurse’s aide for North Mississippi Medical Center where she […]
CHICKASAW COUNTY – Most people are surprised what they can find in their local library. The Houston and Houlka libraries will host a variety of events April 13-19 as part of National Library Week. “We have a lot of people who rarely – if ever – visit their local library,” said Lisa Mims, library manager […]
Denver’s Closet can almost guarantee something new for fashion-oriented shoppers every time they come in the new store in Okolona The consignment boutique prides itself in a new and unique selection of items that owners’ Tony and Martha DeVargas try to bring to the business every week. “I can almost promise you will not see […]
WEST POINT – Martha Nell Huffman, 74, passed away on Friday Jan. 17, 2014, at her home in West Point. She was born on March 14, 1939, in Reform to Joseph Henry Cooper and Lillie Lou Crick Weaver. She was co-owner of Huffman Oil Company, where she was very active in the family business for […]
VARDAMAN – Martha Jean Chandler, 68, died Friday, Oct. 11, 2013, at her residence in Maben. She was born Dec. 1, 1944, in Calhoun City. She was a devoted mother and grandmother. She was a former employee of Puralator where she was a supervisor. Services will be 2 p.m. today, Oct. 13, at Parker […]
BRUCE – Martha Nell Leachman, 83, died Monday, July 1, 2013, at Calhoun Health Services Nursing Home in Calhoun City. She was born Aug. 10, 1929, in Calhoun County. She was a homemaker, and a member and piano player for Lantrip Baptist Church. She was a cake decorator. Services will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday, […]
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. — Charles Cedric Walters, 82, of North Little Rock, Ark., passed away on March 9, 2013. He was born Aug. 27, 1930, to Ed and Lessie Martin Walters in Chickasaw County. He is survived by his wife of 37 years, Martha Walters; daughter, Cindy Reed of North Little Rock; two stepsons, Bart […]
GORE SPRINGS – Martha V. Pittman, 84, died Wednesday, March 6, 2013, at her home in Gore Springs. Services will be at 11 a.m. Friday at Bradford Chapel Baptist Church in Calhoun County. Burial will follow in the church cemetery. Oliver Funeral Home of Eupora is in charge of the arrangements. A complete obituary will […]
TUPELO – Martha Jean Lucius, 74, died Tuesday, Feb. 26, 2013, at the North Mississippi Medical Center. A native of Calhoun County, she was born Aug. 11, 1938, to the Rev. Wilson and Pansy Ramsey Long. She was a homemaker and loved caring for children, the elderly and the sick, flowers, cooking for her family […]
- EDITORIAL: Collecting Fines July 23, 2015
- Houlka trustees Ok demolition, infrastructure details July 27, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: It’s time to consider your choices July 27, 2015
- ICC offering newNational Guard program July 27, 2015
- Summer details handled by Okolona trustees July 28, 2015
- Victoria Wofford awarded Yates Scholarship July 29, 2015
- Suspicious mailers sent before Primary Election July 29, 2015
- Houlka’s Hobson on rise July 29, 2015
- Area residents graduate ICC program July 28, 2015
- Area trio earns ICC scholarships July 28, 2015
- Jimmie Hardin: I for one cared that it was a week late. I live in...
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...
- Greg Schmidt: This is good news because this is one of the most ...
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...