HOUSTON – Friends share with friends and the ladies at Cottonwood Cove got together last week to do just that. Fourteen residents of the senior citizen apartment complex gathered at the community room Thursday night to enjoy refreshments, fellowship and swap plants. “We always encourage our residents to make their apartments their home,” said Martha […]
Tag Archives | Martha
SHANNON – Hazel Jean Kennedy Grammer, 79, died Monday, June 16, 2014, at her residence in Shannon after an extended illness. She was born in Tishomingo County on Dec. 3, 1934, to Willie Dexter and Virdie Lorena Stanley Kennedy. She worked for 32 years as a nurse’s aide for North Mississippi Medical Center where she […]
CHICKASAW COUNTY – Most people are surprised what they can find in their local library. The Houston and Houlka libraries will host a variety of events April 13-19 as part of National Library Week. “We have a lot of people who rarely – if ever – visit their local library,” said Lisa Mims, library manager […]
Denver’s Closet can almost guarantee something new for fashion-oriented shoppers every time they come in the new store in Okolona The consignment boutique prides itself in a new and unique selection of items that owners’ Tony and Martha DeVargas try to bring to the business every week. “I can almost promise you will not see […]
WEST POINT – Martha Nell Huffman, 74, passed away on Friday Jan. 17, 2014, at her home in West Point. She was born on March 14, 1939, in Reform to Joseph Henry Cooper and Lillie Lou Crick Weaver. She was co-owner of Huffman Oil Company, where she was very active in the family business for […]
VARDAMAN – Martha Jean Chandler, 68, died Friday, Oct. 11, 2013, at her residence in Maben. She was born Dec. 1, 1944, in Calhoun City. She was a devoted mother and grandmother. She was a former employee of Puralator where she was a supervisor. Services will be 2 p.m. today, Oct. 13, at Parker […]
BRUCE – Martha Nell Leachman, 83, died Monday, July 1, 2013, at Calhoun Health Services Nursing Home in Calhoun City. She was born Aug. 10, 1929, in Calhoun County. She was a homemaker, and a member and piano player for Lantrip Baptist Church. She was a cake decorator. Services will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday, […]
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. — Charles Cedric Walters, 82, of North Little Rock, Ark., passed away on March 9, 2013. He was born Aug. 27, 1930, to Ed and Lessie Martin Walters in Chickasaw County. He is survived by his wife of 37 years, Martha Walters; daughter, Cindy Reed of North Little Rock; two stepsons, Bart […]
GORE SPRINGS – Martha V. Pittman, 84, died Wednesday, March 6, 2013, at her home in Gore Springs. Services will be at 11 a.m. Friday at Bradford Chapel Baptist Church in Calhoun County. Burial will follow in the church cemetery. Oliver Funeral Home of Eupora is in charge of the arrangements. A complete obituary will […]
TUPELO – Martha Jean Lucius, 74, died Tuesday, Feb. 26, 2013, at the North Mississippi Medical Center. A native of Calhoun County, she was born Aug. 11, 1938, to the Rev. Wilson and Pansy Ramsey Long. She was a homemaker and loved caring for children, the elderly and the sick, flowers, cooking for her family […]
- Flywheel Festival set for Sept. 26-27 August 26, 2014
- This is the way we roll! August 29, 2014
- Volunteer and make a difference August 29, 2014
- Lady Tigers accept ALS challenge. August 30, 2014
- THOMPSON: Paying at the pump August 30, 2014
- CUNNINGHAM: Common Core linked to federal dollars September 1, 2014
- Hands of Hope September 1, 2014
- BRASSFIELD: Thank you Chickasaw County! August 31, 2014
- ALLEN: First day at new job August 31, 2014
- Jori Abi Boston August 31, 2014
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...
- Pat Southerland: It is interesting to see that Mrs. Dendy is resign...