Special to the Chickasaw Journal Freezing rain was reported in some parts of Northeast Mississippi Monday creating slick roadways, but no major problems had developed. The University of Mississippi delayed opening until 10 a.m. Oxford Schools ran buses and opened two hours later than usual but intend to stay open all day. Lafayette County Schools […]
Tag Archives | Marshall
Special to the Chickasaw Journal TUPELO – An Okolona man was formally charged Thursday with two counts of burglary in Lee County. Officials in Itawamba, Pontotoc, Marshall, Tippah and Union counties could add charges later. Garcia, 39, is accused of breaking into houses in the northeast and northwest portions of the county. He was arrested […]
By William Moore Daily Journal District 18 Chancery Court voters will have plenty of options when the Nov. 4 general election comes around with five candidates seeking two judge positions. Three female challengers hope to unseat male incumbents Glenn Alderson, Place 1, and Robert Whitwell, Place 2. District 18 covers Benton, Calhoun, Lafayette, Marshall and […]
HOUSTON – Austin Marshall has always planned to live life to the fullest and now he has a little help. Marshall, a Houston native and senior at Mississippi State University, was raised as a normal child but his blindness presented challenges as he moved about this world. “My parents raised me as a sighted child […]
BIG CREEK – John Allen Hughes, 79, died Tuesday, April 22, 2014, at Calhoun Health Services in Calhoun City. He was born Sept. 6, 1934, in Calhoun City to John Hughes and Beatrice Blackwelder Hughes. He was a machinist for Harrelson Manufacturing for 50 years. He was a member of Baileyville Baptist Church.He is survived […]
GRENADA – Margaret Olivea Baker Simmons, 81, died Saturday, Feb. 22, 2014, at her home. She was born March 12, 1932, and was the daughter of William Baker and Elsie Mae Nichols Baker of Calhoun City. She was a loving mother, wife and sister; homemaker; and a member of Hebron Baptist Church in Grenada. Services […]
CALHOUN CITY – Mavis Nell Hood Orr, 79, died Tuesday, Jan. 21, 2014, at Calhoun Health Services Nursing Home in Calhoun City. She was born June 4, 1934, in Webster County. She was a seamstress, a lifelong animal guardian and a member of Southern Grace Baptist Church in Calhoun City. Services will be at 11 […]
ABERDEEN – Tonya Leigh Howell, 44, died Sunday, Oct. 6, 2013, at Baptist Memorial Hospital in Columbus. She was born May 20, 1969, in Aberdeen. She was a lifelong resident of Aberdeen and was employed at United Furniture. Services will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday, Oct. 9, in the Tisdale-Lann Memorial Chapel in Aberdeen with […]
By JB Clark NEMS Daily Journal TUPELO – Trooper Matthew Hood of the Mississippi Highway Patrol read a list of names of fallen Mississippi officers at Thursday’s memorial service and paused halfway, “My father, Master Sgt. Steve Hood.” Hood is now a member of Highway Patrol Troop G in Starkville, the troop his father […]
- Fuller Center cyclist pedal through Houston. April 23, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Collecting old fines, collecting on promises April 28, 2016
- A perfect festival April 28, 2016
- Lady Toppers tripped by Lady Wolverines April 28, 2016
- Rams fall short on Senior Night April 28, 2016
- Fast moving front rattles Chickasaw County April 29, 2016
- Chickasaw County no longer under tornado warning April 29, 2016
- JIM HOOD: Ignoring needs is not good government April 29, 2016
- Tunsil says he took money from an Ole Miss coach April 29, 2016
- NFL DRAFT: Tunsil falls to Miami in coach pay scandal, Jones misses 1st Round April 29, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...