Special to the Chickasaw Journal Freezing rain was reported in some parts of Northeast Mississippi Monday creating slick roadways, but no major problems had developed. The University of Mississippi delayed opening until 10 a.m. Oxford Schools ran buses and opened two hours later than usual but intend to stay open all day. Lafayette County Schools […]
Tag Archives | Marshall
Special to the Chickasaw Journal TUPELO – An Okolona man was formally charged Thursday with two counts of burglary in Lee County. Officials in Itawamba, Pontotoc, Marshall, Tippah and Union counties could add charges later. Garcia, 39, is accused of breaking into houses in the northeast and northwest portions of the county. He was arrested […]
By William Moore Daily Journal District 18 Chancery Court voters will have plenty of options when the Nov. 4 general election comes around with five candidates seeking two judge positions. Three female challengers hope to unseat male incumbents Glenn Alderson, Place 1, and Robert Whitwell, Place 2. District 18 covers Benton, Calhoun, Lafayette, Marshall and […]
HOUSTON – Austin Marshall has always planned to live life to the fullest and now he has a little help. Marshall, a Houston native and senior at Mississippi State University, was raised as a normal child but his blindness presented challenges as he moved about this world. “My parents raised me as a sighted child […]
BIG CREEK – John Allen Hughes, 79, died Tuesday, April 22, 2014, at Calhoun Health Services in Calhoun City. He was born Sept. 6, 1934, in Calhoun City to John Hughes and Beatrice Blackwelder Hughes. He was a machinist for Harrelson Manufacturing for 50 years. He was a member of Baileyville Baptist Church.He is survived […]
GRENADA – Margaret Olivea Baker Simmons, 81, died Saturday, Feb. 22, 2014, at her home. She was born March 12, 1932, and was the daughter of William Baker and Elsie Mae Nichols Baker of Calhoun City. She was a loving mother, wife and sister; homemaker; and a member of Hebron Baptist Church in Grenada. Services […]
CALHOUN CITY – Mavis Nell Hood Orr, 79, died Tuesday, Jan. 21, 2014, at Calhoun Health Services Nursing Home in Calhoun City. She was born June 4, 1934, in Webster County. She was a seamstress, a lifelong animal guardian and a member of Southern Grace Baptist Church in Calhoun City. Services will be at 11 […]
ABERDEEN – Tonya Leigh Howell, 44, died Sunday, Oct. 6, 2013, at Baptist Memorial Hospital in Columbus. She was born May 20, 1969, in Aberdeen. She was a lifelong resident of Aberdeen and was employed at United Furniture. Services will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday, Oct. 9, in the Tisdale-Lann Memorial Chapel in Aberdeen with […]
By JB Clark NEMS Daily Journal TUPELO – Trooper Matthew Hood of the Mississippi Highway Patrol read a list of names of fallen Mississippi officers at Thursday’s memorial service and paused halfway, “My father, Master Sgt. Steve Hood.” Hood is now a member of Highway Patrol Troop G in Starkville, the troop his father […]
- Okolona celebrates graduation May 20, 2016
- Okolona addresses blighted property May 24, 2016
- State of the Region meeting set for May 26 May 24, 2016
- JAY HUGHES: Threats and promises from lawmakers May 24, 2016
- Pugh earns WBC Business Award May 25, 2016
- Vardaman packs gym for graduation May 27, 2016
- Hebron clinches MAIS championship May 26, 2016
- Toppers’ Smith shuts out Newton May 26, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Helping those who help us May 26, 2016
- NEWS BRIEFS: Feeding program, driver’s license and county election commissioners May 25, 2016
- Michael Mcalpin: As a kid I spent many an afternoon in the fire sta...
- Hang Abarca: Hi Sharmaine! my work colleague filled in a blank ...
- Sharmaine Sartor: Useful commentary . I learned a lot from the analy...
- Lahoma Stapleton: Hi smithjasmine. I got ahold of a template CG 20 3...
- smithjasmine: Timely ideas , I loved the details . Does someone ...