Special to the Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – Family and friends of Houston High School students gathered in the school auditorium May 19, to watch the awarding of scholarships and certificates for 2015. The following awards were given: BancorpSouth Academic Achievement These awards are given to students in grades 10-12 who have earned an overall […]
Tag Archives | Marsh
By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – As the tassel was moved so was a lifetime memory for 82 Houston High School graduates. Formal graduation ceremonies were brought to a close at Hilltopper Field Thursday, May 21 as graduates of the Class of 2015 moved the tassel on their caps across their face to signify […]
HOUSTON – Houston High School has released the honor roll for the academic year. Ninth Grade Superintendent’s List Sandy Garner, Rodrigo Hernandez, Malik Lawrence and Alex Springer. Ninth Grade Principal’s List Austin Barfield, Caroline Blakenship, Maggie Flatt, Tori Graves, Trey Griggs, Garrett Harrell, Kayla Mims, Andrew Mitchell, Hunter Moore, Sharia Moore, Harley Nabors, Hayden Powell, […]
HOUSTON – The ACT (American College Testing) is an exam that measures a students readiness to take college classes and is considered a fair measure of a person’s knowledge of English, math, social studies and science. Thirty-three is considered a perfect score. The Houston High School Class of 2014 had one student score a 33 […]
The Chuquatonchee Chapter of the DAR has awarded Kristen Marsh its top honor for her grades in American history at Houston High School. Marsh earned the chapter’s Outstanding Work in American History Award with a 98.4 grade in the subject. “She has worked hard to earn that grade and we wanted to recognize this accomplishment,” […]
HOUSTON – They are undefeated over the past 11-years in a high-tech field filled with teams that are better funded and come from much larger communities. The Houston Solar Car team was presented to the Mississippi Senate Thursday and after a brief presentation explaining their vehicle and their accomplishments was given a standing ovation by […]
- WEDDING: Booth/Schlicht July 26, 2015
- EDITORIAL: Who deserves your vote? July 30, 2015
- County will keep inmates for free July 30, 2015
- Run right! Go long! July 30, 2015
- Woman charged with trying to sell her baby July 30, 2015
- Mayors takes issue with column August 1, 2015
- Wake up America, move forward August 1, 2015
- NCAA charges Southern Miss, Tyndall August 1, 2015
- Houlka aldermen updated on water, sewer issues July 31, 2015
- Man arrested following assault with knife July 31, 2015
- Jimmie Hardin: I for one cared that it was a week late. I live in...
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...
- Greg Schmidt: This is good news because this is one of the most ...
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...