The family of Shucona Channel Artis and Rodrequiez Holman proudly announce the wedding of their families and their future life together. The couple was wed at 2 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 31, 2014 at the Westin Hotel in Virginia Beach, Va., with the reception following at 5 p.m. at the West Hotel. Shucona is the daughter […]
Tag Archives | marriage
Letter Ray Garrett Dear Editor, The primaries for the United States Senate seat from Mississippi are over. We the voters are now faced with a clear choice between two candidates for this office. This choice is between the Democratic nominee, Travis Childers, and the Republican nominee, Thad Cocharan, Despite what many of thier supporters […]
Kenneth Robert Marquis Jr. and Suzanne Marquis of Houston are proud to announce the engagement of their daughter, Mary Alisha Suzanne Marquis (Ali), to Jonathan Michael Gordon, son of Robert Eugene Gordon and Deanne Alice Gordon of the Hurricane Community. Ali is a 2010 graduate of Houston High School and is currently earning her Bachelor […]
I’ve seen your names in the paper. I’ve seen your lovely faces smiling at us from the pages of our Lifestyles section. And I guess there is really nothing I can say to stop you, if your heart and mind are already made up about this marriage thing. Now, I’m not one of those who […]
This column is being written on Friday afternoon and have no clue who is going be the victor in the Thad Cochran/Chris McDaniel primary race for the U.S. Senate. I have watched politics for years and when I heard these two would not stand face to face in a public debate, I knew we were […]
Tony and Tina Pullen of Houlka and Roy and Meredith Park of Van Vleet announce the engagement of their daughter, Heather Nichole Park of Houlka, to Grant Taylor Sullivan, son of Ronnie and Valerie Sullivan of Tupelo.The bride-elect is the granddaughter of the late Billy Collums and Ike and Maxine Denton of Houlka, and the […]
“And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.” Genesis 2:18 (KJV) From the beginning of time, God made it clear that it is not good for His people to be alone (Gen. 2:18). God designed us to cooperate. Throughout […]
Sara and I celebrated our Silver Wedding Anniversary on Tuesday. That may not seem like much to the Golden Anniversary crowd but we are sort of proud of our 25-year mark. We went out to eat and there was a gift. Marriage and age have changed us, but she is still the most special human […]
- EDITORIAL: Time to plant March 26, 2015
- One dead in crash south of Okolona March 28, 2015
- First Turkey March 28, 2015
- State releases detailed bass summary March 29, 2015
- BIRTH: Emmitt Verell Wright March 29, 2015
- Houston man charged in shooting incident April 1, 2015
- Coggins to lead Lenten Luncheon March 31, 2015
- Houston plans for farmer’s market March 31, 2015
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Help us “Save a Child” March 30, 2015
- Circuit Court term opened Monday March 30, 2015
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...
- i’m engaged, you can be too | architecture | equality: […] the design and related impacts of a new...
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...