Eleven more indictments from the April 15-16 Union County grand jury session have been released by the circuit clerk’s office. Indictments remain secret until defendants are served with the indictment papers. While a majority of the more recent releases involve drug charges, other crimes alleged include grand larceny, child endangerment and identity fraud. Newly released […]
Tag Archives | Marion
By Lynn West New Albany Gazette UNION COUNTY — New Albany police had taken 46 suspects into custody Wednesday out of 48 indicted as part of “Operation Fish Net” and expected to get the other two soon. The operation was a mass roundup of people charged with selling drugs in New Albany. Michael Erby, head […]
COLUMBIA, Tenn. – Anna Marion Wessels, 100, passed away at her home in Columbia, Tenn., on Sunday, March 16, 2014. She was born on May 19, 1913, in Houlka to Robert Marion and Kate Patterson Marion. She married Ernest Wessels on June 19, 1938 and they had two children together. She graduated from Blue Mountain […]
HOUSTON – Lloyd Edward Weaver, 69, died Monday, Jan. 27, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center. He was born Feb. 22, 1944, in Chickasaw County to Jessie Lloyd Weaver and Mary Alice Howell Weaver. He was a retired truck driver and a member of Pleasant Ridge Baptist Church. Services will be at 2 p.m. today, […]
TUPELO – The Rev. Cecil Marion Pumphrey, 77, died at his residence in Tupelo on Friday, Jan. 17, 2014, after a prolonged illness. The Rev. Pumphrey was born on Dec. 3, 1936, in Chickasaw County to Charlie Marion and Lucille Davis Pumphrey He was a Minister of the Gospel for over 50 years. He began his […]
John and Marion Hudson will celebrate their 50th anniversary Dec. 14 at 1:30 p.m. at Enon Baptist Church in Clay County. The reception will be hosted by their children and grandchildren and all friends and relatives are invited to attend.
COLUMBUS – Thurman Marion “Ish” Lowe age 83 died Monday, June 3, 2013 at his residence in Columbus. Services will be held at 3 p.m. Wednesday, at Memorial Funeral Home Chapel with Dr. Ed Knox officiating and burial with U.S. Air Force honors to follow at Memorial Gardens Cemetery. Visitation will be held at […]
Patrick and Jessica Marion of Woodland are pleased to announce the birth of their son, Kender Shane Marion. Kender was born May 2, 2013 at Tupelo Woman’s Hospital. He weighed 8 pounds, 11 ounces and was 20.25 inches long. Proud grandparents are Martin and Angie Fugett of Vardaman and Charles (Boo) and Kim Allen of […]
- City Clerk resumes reviewed August 18, 2014
- Color For A Cause seeks runners August 20, 2014
- Mobile Vet Center coming to Houston August 21, 2014
- EDITORIAL: Eyes and ears August 21, 2014
- INGRAM: Paying the price at the pump August 21, 2014
- SCOTT: Let’s clean up our own back yard first August 23, 2014
- Houston duo named Showcase MVPs August 23, 2014
- Color For A Cause is Saturday August 22, 2014
- CUNNINGHAM: Developing Common Core standards August 22, 2014
- Okolona school bond vote is Tuesday August 22, 2014
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...
- Pat Southerland: It is interesting to see that Mrs. Dendy is resign...