GRENADA – Margaret Olivea Baker Simmons, 81, died Saturday, Feb. 22, 2014, at her home. She was born March 12, 1932, and was the daughter of William Baker and Elsie Mae Nichols Baker of Calhoun City. She was a loving mother, wife and sister; homemaker; and a member of Hebron Baptist Church in Grenada. Services […]
Tag Archives | Margaret
WEST POINT – Harold Max Colbert passed away Tuesday, Dec. 24, 2013, at his residence in Cedar Bluff at the age of 81. He was born Aug. 11, 1932, in West Point to Harold Lee Colbert and Maxine Holmes. He served 20 years in the U.S. Army and retired as a Lieutenant Colonel and fought […]
HOUSTON – Willie Margaret Swindle Burrage, 78, died Thursday, Nov. 7, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. She was born Oct. 5, 1935, in Chickasaw County to Lincey D. Swindle and Earnest E. Clemons Swindle. She was a Baptist. Services will be at 2 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 9, at Memorial Funeral Home with […]
HOUSTON – Margaret Ann Baird Lacey, 76, died Saturday, July 27, 2013, at her home. She was born April 16, 1937, to Aubrey Lorette Baird and Ruth Boatman Baird in Turrell, Ark. She was a member of First Baptist Church of Houston and a homemaker. She enjoyed sewing, crafts and quilting, and made Mississippi State […]
- Mobile Vet Center coming to Houston August 21, 2014
- Enon Hunt Club to host sheet shoot August 21, 2014
- WHITFIELD: What’s in your backpack? August 24, 2014
- MCCORD: As I see it August 24, 2014
- Stone/Lewis August 24, 2014
- Houston considers tax increase August 27, 2014
- Okolona bond vote undecided August 26, 2014
- Okolona man arrested in West Point crime August 26, 2014
- Flywheel Festival set for Sept. 26-27 August 26, 2014
- UPDATE: Search continues for Willie C. “Doc” Harries August 25, 2014
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...
- Pat Southerland: It is interesting to see that Mrs. Dendy is resign...