I hung an American Flag up at my house Monday. It will stay up 24-hours a day, seven-days a week. Yes, I was a Boy Scout. And, yes I know flags are to be taken down at dusk and raised every morning at dawn – unless artificially lighted at night. I once pointed out this […]
Tag Archives | Mantee
Everybody wants the rules and regulations to be applied equally, until it comes to their money and their family. The Houston Board of Mayor and Aldermen has seen this happen for years with people unhappy with a monthly water bill. Okolona has also seen this problem with voters coming before the board wanting relief from […]
It may be the finest product the Chickasaw Journal publishes, it certainly is the most polished. “Come Home to Chickasaw County,” a magazine produced by your hometown newspaper, can be found inside this week’s edition of the Chickasaw Journal. The cover shows a few of those things we cherish so much in the community – […]
MANTEE – Dorothy P. Logan, 59, died Saturday, April 26, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. Services will be at 2 p.m. Saturday, May 3, at West Clay Elementary Auditorium. Burial will be in Wesley Chapel Cemetery. Belle Memorial Funeral Home of Aberdeen is in charge of arrangements. Visitation will be from 4 […]
MANTEE – Dan Womack, 75, died Tuesday, April 29, 2014, at his home. He was born Feb. 13, 1939, in Chickasaw County to Alton Granville Womack and Mary Wofford Womack. He retired from Spartus Corporation in Louisville. He was a member of Hohenlinden Baptist Church. He enjoyed farming and saw milling. Services will be at […]
MANTEE – Dorothy Logan, 59, Mantee, died Saturday, April 26, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. Arrangements are incomplete and will be announced later by Belle Memorial Funeral Home. For online condolences and to sign registry, visit bellememorialfuneralhome.com.
MANTEE – A small church in a small community is sharing love in a big way. Members of the Missionary Society and children of New Covenant M.B. Church have created 53 Easter baskets for the elderly in the community and surrounding areas. “Last year was the first year we did it,” said Courtney Ivy. “We […]
LEE COUNTY – The Lee County Sheriff’s Office took possession of a large quantity of high-grade marijuana, uncut cocaine and crack cocaine during a traffic stop Tuesday. Officers are now searching for the driver of the vehicle, who fled immediately after being pulled over in the area of Green Tee Road. Sheriff Jim Johnson said […]
EVANSVILLE, Ind. – Avaleigh Claire Tutor, infant daughter of Ashlee N. Bales and Bramlitt Lee Tutor, passed away Monday, March 24, 2014, at The Women’s Hospital in Newburgh, Ind. She was preceded in death by her grandparents, Arthur White, James Bales, Lewis Crowley; and great-grandparents, Charlotte White and Frank White. In addition to her parents, […]
Ricky and Courtney Ware of Mantee proudly announce the arrival of their son, Tatum Lane Ware. Tatum was born Dec. 31, 2013 at 12:51 p.m. at the Women’s Hospital at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. He weighed 8-pounds, 15-ounces and was 21-inches long. His grandparents are Leslie and Tracey Harrelson of Vardaman and Richard […]
The phones at the Chickasaw Journal rang regularly Wednesday as you called to point out we got the time change wrong on Page One last week. While the headline read “Spring forward,” the copy said to fall back one hour for daylight savings time. And though we didn’t think it was very funny, we had […]
PHEBA – Gary Lynn Bigham Sr., 56, passed away Wednesday, Jan. 29, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center in West Point. He was born March 18, 1957, in Maben, the son of Peggy Jean Boyette and Emmett Jefferson Bigham. He was a maintenance technician at Bryan Foods in West Point for 32 years. He was […]
Courtesy Darold and Pauline Neal of Mantee will celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary on Dec. 23 with their family. The Neals have three children and eight grandchild
- CRIME ROUNDUP: Houston resident arrested for sexual assault May 16, 2015
- Blissard is 4A state tennis champ May 19, 2015
- COPES: Super Moms honored May 20, 2015
- HELP WANTED: Mentors, volunteers sought for COPES May 20, 2015
- Big fish, big smile May 20, 2015
- Houlka Homecoming 2015 is this weekend May 22, 2015
- Houston aldermen discuss Park & Recreation funds May 22, 2015
- East Webster toppled by inside-the-park HR in Game Two May 21, 2015
- Okolona graduates urged to excel May 21, 2015
- Police seek Dollar General bandit May 21, 2015
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...
- i’m engaged, you can be too | architecture | equality: […] the design and related impacts of a new...
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...