By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – Two Hilltopper softball stars are moving on to shine on the diamond at Mississippi Delta Community College in Moorhead this fall. Talaja Echoles and Quaneisha Pratt made it official Friday, May 1, as family, friends, coaches and teammates gathered in the Commons at Houston High School to watch […]
Tag Archives | Mann
By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – West Lauderdale stood atop the 4A-Region 4 softball standing Monday with a 5-1 district record and Houston is second at 3-1. The Lady Knights trounced the Lady Hilltoppers in a key district match last week 9-6 with they Lady Knights having one big inning and Houston having […]
HOUSTON – In a sport where girls are going to hit the ball, defense is critical to win games. The South Pontotoc Lady Cougars fielded well but just seemed to be in the wrong places as the Houston Lady Hilltoppers used a big fourth inning to take a 3-0 victory in Houston, Thursday Aug. 28. […]
HOUSTON – The Lady Hilltoppers are always good, but they gave an indication of just how strong they can be with a 13-0 victory over Vardaman last week. The Toppers had 11 hits, including a triple and game ending home run, then played flawless defense that saw no Vardaman baserunner advance beyond second. “I thought […]
BRUCE — Mary Jean Hardin Edwards, 92, died Saturday, May 24, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. She was born in Derma on Jan. 18, 1933, the daughter of William Emmit Hardin and Eltha Kimbell Hardin. She was a homemaker and a member of Ellard Baptist Church. Survivors include two daughters, Carol (Gary) […]
CALHOUN CITY – Alvin William Mann Jr., 51, died Friday, Aug. 20, 2013, at Calhoun Health Services in Calhoun City. He was born Dec. 1, 1961, in Vardaman to Alvin Mann and Barbara Gentry. He was a farmer for Johnson Farms and a member of Bentley Baptist Church. He is survived by his special friend […]
EGGVILLE – Dina Mann, 65, died Friday, Feb. 8, 2013, at her home. She was born Aug. 29, 1947, in Red Bay, Ala. to Rather and Stella Petree. She was a member of Oak Ridge Christian Church for more than 40 years. She, along with her son and his wife, owned and operated Centerville Fish […]
- COPES: Super Moms honored May 20, 2015
- Houston tourism tax vote set for Aug. 11 May 18, 2015
- Cook comes home to Houston May 21, 2015
- East Webster pitching halts Taylorsville May 21, 2015
- GAME ONE: Toppers fall hard in late innings May 21, 2015
- Houlka Homecoming 2015 is this weekend May 22, 2015
- Houston aldermen discuss Park & Recreation funds May 22, 2015
- East Webster toppled by inside-the-park HR in Game Two May 21, 2015
- Okolona graduates urged to excel May 21, 2015
- Police seek Dollar General bandit May 21, 2015
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...
- i’m engaged, you can be too | architecture | equality: […] the design and related impacts of a new...
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...