By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – Two Hilltopper softball stars are moving on to shine on the diamond at Mississippi Delta Community College in Moorhead this fall. Talaja Echoles and Quaneisha Pratt made it official Friday, May 1, as family, friends, coaches and teammates gathered in the Commons at Houston High School to watch […]
Tag Archives | Mann
By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – West Lauderdale stood atop the 4A-Region 4 softball standing Monday with a 5-1 district record and Houston is second at 3-1. The Lady Knights trounced the Lady Hilltoppers in a key district match last week 9-6 with they Lady Knights having one big inning and Houston having […]
HOUSTON – In a sport where girls are going to hit the ball, defense is critical to win games. The South Pontotoc Lady Cougars fielded well but just seemed to be in the wrong places as the Houston Lady Hilltoppers used a big fourth inning to take a 3-0 victory in Houston, Thursday Aug. 28. […]
HOUSTON – The Lady Hilltoppers are always good, but they gave an indication of just how strong they can be with a 13-0 victory over Vardaman last week. The Toppers had 11 hits, including a triple and game ending home run, then played flawless defense that saw no Vardaman baserunner advance beyond second. “I thought […]
BRUCE — Mary Jean Hardin Edwards, 92, died Saturday, May 24, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. She was born in Derma on Jan. 18, 1933, the daughter of William Emmit Hardin and Eltha Kimbell Hardin. She was a homemaker and a member of Ellard Baptist Church. Survivors include two daughters, Carol (Gary) […]
CALHOUN CITY – Alvin William Mann Jr., 51, died Friday, Aug. 20, 2013, at Calhoun Health Services in Calhoun City. He was born Dec. 1, 1961, in Vardaman to Alvin Mann and Barbara Gentry. He was a farmer for Johnson Farms and a member of Bentley Baptist Church. He is survived by his special friend […]
EGGVILLE – Dina Mann, 65, died Friday, Feb. 8, 2013, at her home. She was born Aug. 29, 1947, in Red Bay, Ala. to Rather and Stella Petree. She was a member of Oak Ridge Christian Church for more than 40 years. She, along with her son and his wife, owned and operated Centerville Fish […]
- THE NUMBERS: Tourism tax vote fails August 22, 2015
- MSU professor to lead national beef organization August 25, 2015
- Alabama man indicted in fatal Trace wreck August 25, 2015
- ICC names 2015 Spring graduates August 26, 2015
- Reward offered in Monroe County deputy shooting case August 26, 2015
- UPDATED WEEK 2: High School Football Scores August 28, 2015
- WEEK 2: High School Football Capsules August 28, 2015
- Training for the worst August 28, 2015
- MSU student threats lead to lockdown, arrest August 28, 2015
- Two solar farms sprout in Chickasaw County August 28, 2015
- Randy Wanat: Change "Christianity" to "Islam" and suddenly ...
- TRSmith: What happens to students who reside in the distric...
- Beth: The only way to protect ourselves and our benefits...
- Jimmie Hardin: I for one cared that it was a week late. I live in...
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...