HOUSTON – A woman who allegedly abandoned a child for the second time has been formally served and arrested by the Houston Police Department on one charge each of child abuse and child abandonment. Cora Lynn Watkins, 25, was taken into custody at the Regional Three Mental Health building Thursday afternoon. She was booked into […]
Tag Archives | Lynn
HOUSTON – The discovery of an abandoned child in Houston Friday night has prompted felony child abuse charges against a local woman. Cora Lynn Watkins, 25, of Houston, has been charged with abandonment of a child under the age of six and felony abuse of a child. Police were waiting Monday for Watkins to be […]
Together with their families, Terri Lynn Harris and Corey Bradley Voyles are pleased to announce their upcoming marriage. The wedding is to be held Saturday, March 8, 2014 at 5:30 p.m. at Oxford Church of Christ in Oxford, Mississippi. Terri Lynn is the daughter of Mr. Charles Lynn Harris, Jr. of Hernando and Mrs. Stacey […]
PHEBA – Gary Lynn Bigham Sr., 56, passed away Wednesday, Jan. 29, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center in West Point. He was born March 18, 1957, in Maben, the son of Peggy Jean Boyette and Emmett Jefferson Bigham. He was a maintenance technician at Bryan Foods in West Point for 32 years. He was […]
PHEBA – Gary Lynn Bigham, 56, passed away Wednesday, Jan. 29, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center in West Point. Arrangements are incomplete and will be announced later by Calvert Funeral Home in West Point.
HOULKA – Robert Lynn Walls, 59, died Wednesday, Oct. 30, 2013 at Sanctuary Hospice House in Tupelo. He was born Dec. 29, 1953, in Vardaman to Junior Lee and Lula May Walls. Services are 3 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 2, at Southern Funeral Chapel with burial at Ellzey Cemetery in Calhoun County. Brothers Johnny Cherry and […]
GORE SPRINGS – Virginia Lynn “Ivy” Winter, 50, died Wednesday, May 1, 2013, at her residence. She was born July 24, 1962, in Bruce, to L. Ivy and Bulin Timms Ivy. She was a homemaker. Service is at 10 a.m. Monday at Parker Memorial Funeral Home with Bro. Truman Scarbrough officiating. Interment is at Bruce […]
Christopher “Kipper” and Jeri-Laken Greer of Big Creek are proud to announce the arrival of their daughter, Jersi Lynn Greer. Jersi was born Tuesday, February 19, 2013 at 5:58 a.m. at the Baptist Memorial Hospital in Oxford. She weighed 5-pounds, 7-ounces and was 17-inches long. Grandparents sharing the honor are Gene and Liz Alexander of […]
- City Clerk resumes reviewed August 18, 2014
- Color For A Cause seeks runners August 20, 2014
- City, CDF discuss Tanglefoot trailhead August 15, 2014
- Aldermen discuss street worker pay August 19, 2014
- Sweet potato field day planned for Aug. 20 August 19, 2014
- WEEK ONE: High school football schedules August 21, 2014
- Mobile Vet Center coming to Houston August 21, 2014
- Houston runs over Bessemer August 21, 2014
- BROWN: LETTER TO THE EDITOR August 21, 2014
- INGRAM: Paying the price at the pump August 21, 2014
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...
- Pat Southerland: It is interesting to see that Mrs. Dendy is resign...
- Michael Mcalpin: So glad to have this service back locally....