By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal PITTSBORO – A Vardaman coach was formally charged and arrested Wednesday morning after allegations of inappropriate contact with a student were reported last week to authorities. Billy Joe Dill, Jr., 36, a softball coach at Vardaman High School, was charged with fondling, sexual battery and enticement of a child in […]
Tag Archives | Luther
By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal PITTSBORO – A Vardaman coach will be in court Wednesday morning for a probable cause hearing after allegations surfaced last week of inappropriate contact with a student. Calhoun County School officials and the Calhoun County Sheriff’s Department have been tight-lipped about the incident and declined to answer questions about […]
HOUSTON – Chickasaw County voters chose Kelly Luther as their next Circuit Court Judge and Hugh Pettit as their next Houston School Board Trustee in last week’s November runoff election. Luther garnered 1,214 votes to Shirley C. Byers’ 830 ballots in Chickasaw County for the post of Circuit Court Judge District 3, Place 2 that […]
By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal Chickasaw County voters chose Kelly Luther as their next Circuit Court Judge and Hugh Pettit as their next Houston School Board Trustee in Tuesday’s November runoff election. Luther garnered 1,158 votes to Shirley C. Byers’ 760 ballots in Chickasaw County for the post of Circuit Court Judge District 3, Place […]
EDITOR’S NOTE: This story and totals are updated with more than 200 absentee and affidavit ballots cast in Chickasaw County in the Nov. 4, 2014 General Election. HOUSTON – Incumbent Senator Thad Cochran may have won the election but he did not win Chickasaw County in mid-term elections last week and a three-man Houston […]
By Errol Castens Daily Journal Three nonpartisan candidates will be on the Nov. 4 ballot for the one contested circuit judge post in Judicial District 3, which includes Benton, Calhoun, Chickasaw, Lafayette, Marshall, Tippah and Union counties. Shirley C. Byers of Holly Springs, J. Kizer (Ki) Jones of Holly Springs and J. Kelly Luther of […]
“Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.” – Martin Luther King Jr. “Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.” – Martin Luther King […]
OKOLONA – When administration at Okolona High School approached Autumn Bankhead with a request to direct the choir for the Black History program in February, she was in her element. Bankhead, currently the Assistant Librarian, taught music in the district for over five years and has volunteered her assistance with the marching band’s color guard. […]
- Flywheel Festival seeks vendors April 19, 2015
- EDITORIAL: Voice your vote April 23, 2015
- Testing time April 23, 2015
- Hilltoppers eye playoffs April 23, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: Flywheel fun starts Friday April 23, 2015
- DANIEL GARDNER: Presidential politics for 2016 April 26, 2015
- Locals serve on Indian Delegation April 25, 2015
- State benefits from Natchez Trace Parkway visitors April 24, 2015
- Houston hosts Flywheel Festival April 24, 2015
- Houston honors best and brightest April 23, 2015
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...
- i’m engaged, you can be too | architecture | equality: […] the design and related impacts of a new...
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...