HOUSTON – The city loves its merchants but there is a price to pay for doing business in Houston. The Houston Board of Aldermen discussed the process, fees and fines for those who come to town and peddle vegetables, clothes, merchandise and food at a work session last week and while no vote was taken […]
Tag Archives | Lula
PONTOTOC – Lula Bell Ware, 101, died Thursday, Jan. 9, 2014, at New Albany Health and Rehabilitation in New Albany. A native of Pontotoc, she was the daughter of Columbus Hester and Elnora Eubanks Hester. She was a member of Usher Valley UM Church, where she was the oldest member. She was the widower of […]
BRUCE – Lula Mae Spearman, 92, died Wednesday, May 22, 2013, at Calhoun Health Services Nursing Home. Services will be held at 11 a.m. Tuesday at Lighthouse Apostolic Church in Bruce. Burial will be in Mt. Joy-Jones Cemetery. Belle Memorial Funeral Home of Bruce is in charge of arrangements. She is survived by one son, […]
- Color For A Cause seeks runners August 20, 2014
- Mobile Vet Center coming to Houston August 21, 2014
- 2015 Solar Car team wants Australia August 24, 2014
- WHITFIELD: What’s in your backpack? August 24, 2014
- MCCORD: As I see it August 24, 2014
- Okolona bond vote undecided August 26, 2014
- Okolona man arrested in West Point crime August 26, 2014
- Flywheel Festival set for Sept. 26-27 August 26, 2014
- UPDATE: Search continues for Willie C. “Doc” Harries August 25, 2014
- Houston trustees meet with lawyers, again August 25, 2014
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...
- Pat Southerland: It is interesting to see that Mrs. Dendy is resign...