HOUSTON – The city loves its merchants but there is a price to pay for doing business in Houston. The Houston Board of Aldermen discussed the process, fees and fines for those who come to town and peddle vegetables, clothes, merchandise and food at a work session last week and while no vote was taken […]
Tag Archives | Lula
PONTOTOC – Lula Bell Ware, 101, died Thursday, Jan. 9, 2014, at New Albany Health and Rehabilitation in New Albany. A native of Pontotoc, she was the daughter of Columbus Hester and Elnora Eubanks Hester. She was a member of Usher Valley UM Church, where she was the oldest member. She was the widower of […]
BRUCE – Lula Mae Spearman, 92, died Wednesday, May 22, 2013, at Calhoun Health Services Nursing Home. Services will be held at 11 a.m. Tuesday at Lighthouse Apostolic Church in Bruce. Burial will be in Mt. Joy-Jones Cemetery. Belle Memorial Funeral Home of Bruce is in charge of arrangements. She is survived by one son, […]
- Parents can be fined for truancy July 30, 2014
- Houlka Attendance Center engulfed by fire (w/video) July 30, 2014
- Mississippi’s best and brightest July 31, 2014
- EDITORIAL: Fourteen in a row! July 31, 2014
- FLOYD INGRAM: What I like about Houston July 31, 2014
- Magnolia Fest blooms in Okolona August 1, 2014
- Fall Fun Day seeks volunteers August 1, 2014
- County seeks bids August 1, 2014
- Crime Roundup July 31, 2014
- Lonnie Whitt remembered as man who served. July 31, 2014
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...
- Pat Southerland: It is interesting to see that Mrs. Dendy is resign...
- Michael Mcalpin: So glad to have this service back locally....
- Pat Burgess: Congratulations to Jim for the award and for all t...
- Chip Ingram: My son Daniel was given a Bobbie Gentry album by ...