HOUSTON – The city loves its merchants but there is a price to pay for doing business in Houston. The Houston Board of Aldermen discussed the process, fees and fines for those who come to town and peddle vegetables, clothes, merchandise and food at a work session last week and while no vote was taken […]
Tag Archives | Lula
PONTOTOC – Lula Bell Ware, 101, died Thursday, Jan. 9, 2014, at New Albany Health and Rehabilitation in New Albany. A native of Pontotoc, she was the daughter of Columbus Hester and Elnora Eubanks Hester. She was a member of Usher Valley UM Church, where she was the oldest member. She was the widower of […]
BRUCE – Lula Mae Spearman, 92, died Wednesday, May 22, 2013, at Calhoun Health Services Nursing Home. Services will be held at 11 a.m. Tuesday at Lighthouse Apostolic Church in Bruce. Burial will be in Mt. Joy-Jones Cemetery. Belle Memorial Funeral Home of Bruce is in charge of arrangements. She is survived by one son, […]
- EDITORIAL: Emergency Service September 11, 2014
- Rewarding excellence in education September 12, 2014
- Topper Zone grand opening September 13, 2014
- RENEE CUNNINGHAM: Common Core: Prepared for education anywhere September 13, 2014
- Ex-Ranger Donald Hawkins signed by Dallas Cowboys September 13, 2014
- County opens bids for AgriCenter roof September 16, 2014
- Rebels on road to open SEC hoops September 15, 2014
- City changes procedures for Parks & Rec cash receipts September 15, 2014
- BILLY McCORD: As I see it September 14, 2014
- BATTLE OF THE CREEK: Oldtimers remember September 14, 2014
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...