OKOLONA – City employees, including aldermen and the mayor, will now seek approval from the Okolona Board of Aldermen before they will be re-imbursed for travel related to city business. Aldermen voted to specify why city employees are going to seminars, annual meetings and training anywhere outside the city limits. The motion was made […]
Tag Archives | Lowe
PITTSBORO – Clemmie Ella Crew, 105, died Saturday, March 29, 2014, at Bruce Living Center in Bruce. She was born Feb. 7, 1909, in Calhoun County to James H. Cook and Alice Armanda Davis Cook. She married Hollie Crew on Aug. 21, 1928. She was a housewife and a member of Westside Baptist Church. She […]
Aldermen define duties and requirements By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal OKOLONA – Aldermen hired Jennifer Thomas as Okolona Parks and Recreation for 2014 and discussed ways to make the post more effective and provide more services. Thomas will be a contract worker and serve the community from late spring to early fall. […]
OKOLONA – Aldermen would love to have a Mississippi driver’s license office at Rockwell Auditorium, but the demands of the Mississippi State Highway Patrol won’t make it easy. The Okolona Board of Aldermen received a list of office requirements the state needs before it can establish a driver’s license testing location in town. The […]
OKOLONA – Town Marshal Willie C. Moore, Jr. will be paid what the former police chief was paid following the threat of a lawsuit and a vote last week. Moore told the board he had hired a lawyer and was prepared to take the city to court if they didn’t pay him at the same […]
COLUMBUS – Thurman Marion “Ish” Lowe age 83 died Monday, June 3, 2013 at his residence in Columbus. Services will be held at 3 p.m. Wednesday, at Memorial Funeral Home Chapel with Dr. Ed Knox officiating and burial with U.S. Air Force honors to follow at Memorial Gardens Cemetery. Visitation will be held at […]
SHANNON – Annie Pearl Love, 66, died Monday, March 11, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center. She was born Nov. 12, 1946, to Idella Baker Rogers and the late Jessie Rogers. She was a member of Jehovah Jireh and an instructor at the Milam Middle School until her health failed. Services will be at 3 […]
OKOLONA – Aldermen listened as members of the community stepped to the microphone last week and voiced their concerns with the Okolona Police Department and Okolona Electric Department. Three residents approached the Okolona Board of Aldermen citing their concerns with electric bills and customer service by the city. A resident also voiced her concern after […]
- City Clerk resumes reviewed August 18, 2014
- Picnic in the Park! August 17, 2014
- A winner never quits! August 17, 2014
- Vardaman’s McClain earns national honor August 17, 2014
- Travel pay more about selfishness than finances August 17, 2014
- Pugh earns WBC scholarship August 20, 2014
- Color For A Cause seeks runners August 20, 2014
- Sweet potato field day planned for Aug. 20 August 19, 2014
- Aldermen discuss street worker pay August 19, 2014
- CDF lands Carl Small Town Center help August 19, 2014
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...
- Pat Southerland: It is interesting to see that Mrs. Dendy is resign...
- Michael Mcalpin: So glad to have this service back locally....
- Pat Burgess: Congratulations to Jim for the award and for all t...