TUPELO – Ruth Louise Colbert McCollum, 75, died Friday, Oct. 25, 2013 at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. She was born March 29, 1938 to R. A. Colbert and Lesbya Davis Colbert in Trebloc. She was a graduate of Houston High School. She retired as hotel manager at Holliday Terrace. She loved her pets […]
Tag Archives | Louise
PRAIRIE – Mary Louise Randle, 77, died Sunday, Aug. 11, 2013, at her home in Prairie. Services will be at 2 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 17, at Lake Grove M.B. Church in Prairie. Burial will be in the church cemetery. Montgomery Mortuary of Houston is in charge of arrangements. Visitation will be from 5 to 8 […]
HOUSTON – Linda Louise Lancaster Gillespie, 70, died Tuesday, July 30, 2013, at Shelby Ridge Rehab in Alabaster, Ala. She was born Oct. 27, 1942, to Owen Wilson Lancaster and Ruth Alice Davidson Lancaster. She was a retired beautician and owner of Linda’s Beauty Shop. She was a beautician for Leigh Ann Howell at Wave […]
OKOLONA – Annie Louise Ford Millard, 88, of California, formerly of Okolona, died Sunday, July 7, 2013, in Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco, Mexico. Arrangements are incomplete and will be announced later by Williams Memorial Funeral Home of Okolona.
CALHOUN CITY – Nancy Louise Young Gregg, 70, died Friday, June 21, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. She was born April 26, 1943, in Dover, N.H., to Donald Young and Hazel Smith Young. She was a self-employed beautician and a member of New Hope Baptist Church in Webster County. She is survived […]
DUCK HILL – Betsy Louise Beckham Reedy, 51, died Friday, May 24, 2013, in an automobile accident on Hwy. 404 near Duck Hill. She was born April 20, 1962, in Houston to Charles Beckham and Mildred Louise Box Beckham. She was a homemaker and a member of Elliott Baptist Church. She is survived by her […]
OKOLONA – Okolona’s race for mayor came down to the wire, with absentee ballots determing the winner in a close contest. At the close of voting, former Mayor Sherman Carouthers led incumbent Mayor Louise Cole, 455-450, but once absentees and affadavits were counted and certified, Cole had retained her seat by a margin of 507-477. […]
OKOLONA – Okolona Superintendent Dexter Green was formally welcomed to town Sunday with a reception for the new head of Okolona schools and his family. Green, who has only been the city’s top educator for 32 days, said Okolona already feels like home and he has already made friends that he calls family. “As […]
Louise Head VARDAMAN – Ellie Louise Hellums Head, 78, died Friday, March 1, 2013, at Calhoun Health Service Hospital in Calhoun City. She was born Nov. 15, 1934, at Springhill in Lafayette County, to John Warren Hellums and Willie Avis White Moore. She was a homemaker and retired employee of Franklin Manufacturing in Houston. Service […]
OKOLONA – Aldermen listened as members of the community stepped to the microphone last week and voiced their concerns with the Okolona Police Department and Okolona Electric Department. Three residents approached the Okolona Board of Aldermen citing their concerns with electric bills and customer service by the city. A resident also voiced her concern after […]
- DAR honors Marsh with history award March 2, 2014
- EDITORIAL: School Consolidation March 6, 2014
- Claude Johnson March 6, 2014
- Lady Eagles wrap in Overall March 6, 2014
- Dale Weeks March 6, 2014
- Big Bass! March 8, 2014
- Spring forward! March 8, 2014
- WINTER JAM: Christian music festival sells out at BancorpSouth Arena March 7, 2014
- Reading is learning March 7, 2014
- All runs come to an end March 7, 2014
- Marathon set for Tanglefoot Trail | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Trail opening was top story for 2013 [...
- Tickets issued for dogs in Okolona | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Robertson speaks to Okolona Aldermen [...
- DOCKET: Circuit Court in Okolona | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Circuit Court verdicts imposed in Okolon...
- WEDDING: Earnest/Morgan | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] E.J. Earnest […]...
- 60th ANNIVERSARY: Rad & Betty Clark | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Ralph Coggins […]...