THORN – A Chickasaw County man has died as the results of injuries he received after his vehicle hit a horse on a county road west of Houston Monday morning. Emergency crews were called to County Road 20 in the Thorn Community about 3 a.m. after a small pickup allegedly hit a horse. The driver […]
Tag Archives | Long
HOUSTON – We would call it the hottest music ticket in Northeast Mississippi this weekend, but it’s free. Houston will host the Chickasaw County Instrumental Music Festival Friday and Saturday with a list of top-notch instrumentalist and vocal performers set to hit the stage at Joe Brigance Park Friday night and Saturday morning. Event organizer […]
AMORY – Victor Harold “Bubba” “Sonny” Stanford, 78, died on Monday, May 26, 2014, at his residence. Born on June 13, 1935, in Amory, he was a son of the late William Archie Stanford Sr. and Jewel Nix Stanford.He attended Trace Road, Amory and Shannon schools and the University of Mississippi for one year. He […]
A Pontotoc County resident has been sentenced on charges of insurance fraud Friday. Eric Long, 28, of Randolph, appeared before Judge James L. Roberts in Pontotoc County Circuit Court on Friday and pleaded guilty to one count of insurance fraud after filing a fraudulent insurance claim with Allstate Insurance Company regarding a four-wheeler accident which […]
BIGBEE – Orville Ann Earrey Holley, 57, died Saturday, Dec. 28, 2013, at her residence after an extended illness. She was born May 24, 1956, in Chickasaw County to Robert Rufus Earrey and Thelma Long Parker. She was a native of Chickasaw County but had resided in Monroe County for the past 34 years. She […]
CALHOUN CITY – Mary Lounez Long, 84, died Friday, Nov. 15, 2013, at Calhoun Health Services Nursing Home in Calhoun City. Born Sunday, July 21, 1929, she was the daughter of Earnest Parker and Mary Elizabeth “Lizzie” Ward Parker. She was the wife of the late Bryan Long. She was a homemaker and a member […]
VERONA – Clara Mae Wood Stephens, 95, passed away on Friday, August 9, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center after a brief illness. She was born September 16, 1917, to Charles Franklin Wood and Bertha Long Wood in Iuka. She graduated from Iuka High School in 1936, where she was Valedictorian of her class. After […]
OXFORD – Betty Mack Priest Brown, 72, died Thursday, June 6, 2013, at her home in Oxford. Services were held at 11 a.m. Monday, June 10, at Waller Funeral Home with Rev. Bill Barksdale officiating. A graveside service followed in Priest Cemetery in Houston, at 2:30 on Monday. Visitation was held from 9:00 a.m. until service […]
TUPELO – Martha Jean Lucius, 74, died Tuesday, Feb. 26, 2013, at the North Mississippi Medical Center. A native of Calhoun County, she was born Aug. 11, 1938, to the Rev. Wilson and Pansy Ramsey Long. She was a homemaker and loved caring for children, the elderly and the sick, flowers, cooking for her family […]
- City seeks infrastructure funding July 21, 2014
- Better Schools petitions available July 24, 2014
- Sales tax holiday starts after midnight July 24, 2014
- UPDATE: Nineteen arrested in Itawamba drug sting July 25, 2014
- Houston Solar Car team wins 14th Solar Challenge July 25, 2014
- Cherry/Dendy July 27, 2014
- Horn/Jones July 27, 2014
- Fire Academy July 27, 2014
- BILLY McCORD: As I see it July 26, 2014
- Gates signs with Northeast July 26, 2014
- Pat Southerland: It is interesting to see that Mrs. Dendy is resign...
- Michael Mcalpin: So glad to have this service back locally....
- Pat Burgess: Congratulations to Jim for the award and for all t...
- Chip Ingram: My son Daniel was given a Bobbie Gentry album by ...
- Pam Dendy: I have that first album. My Daddy bought it for me...