By Scotty Nichols Itawamba Times HOUSTON – The third round of the playoffs isn’t the ideal time to fight through multiple defensive lapses. Itawamba AHS made four errors in Tuesday night’s first inning alone, and Houston made them pay with four quick runs. That early 4-0 deficit would prove to be more than IAHS would […]
Tag Archives | Long
Special to the Chickasaw Journal THORN – A Thorn man has died in a single vehicle accident after his truck left the road and struck a bridge Tuesday afternoon northwest of Houston. Chickasaw County Coroner Andy Harmon said James Phillip Long, 53, of Thorn, was south bound on County Road 20, just north of the […]
THORN – A Chickasaw County man has died as the results of injuries he received after his vehicle hit a horse on a county road west of Houston Monday morning. Emergency crews were called to County Road 20 in the Thorn Community about 3 a.m. after a small pickup allegedly hit a horse. The driver […]
HOUSTON – We would call it the hottest music ticket in Northeast Mississippi this weekend, but it’s free. Houston will host the Chickasaw County Instrumental Music Festival Friday and Saturday with a list of top-notch instrumentalist and vocal performers set to hit the stage at Joe Brigance Park Friday night and Saturday morning. Event organizer […]
AMORY – Victor Harold “Bubba” “Sonny” Stanford, 78, died on Monday, May 26, 2014, at his residence. Born on June 13, 1935, in Amory, he was a son of the late William Archie Stanford Sr. and Jewel Nix Stanford.He attended Trace Road, Amory and Shannon schools and the University of Mississippi for one year. He […]
A Pontotoc County resident has been sentenced on charges of insurance fraud Friday. Eric Long, 28, of Randolph, appeared before Judge James L. Roberts in Pontotoc County Circuit Court on Friday and pleaded guilty to one count of insurance fraud after filing a fraudulent insurance claim with Allstate Insurance Company regarding a four-wheeler accident which […]
BIGBEE – Orville Ann Earrey Holley, 57, died Saturday, Dec. 28, 2013, at her residence after an extended illness. She was born May 24, 1956, in Chickasaw County to Robert Rufus Earrey and Thelma Long Parker. She was a native of Chickasaw County but had resided in Monroe County for the past 34 years. She […]
CALHOUN CITY – Mary Lounez Long, 84, died Friday, Nov. 15, 2013, at Calhoun Health Services Nursing Home in Calhoun City. Born Sunday, July 21, 1929, she was the daughter of Earnest Parker and Mary Elizabeth “Lizzie” Ward Parker. She was the wife of the late Bryan Long. She was a homemaker and a member […]
VERONA – Clara Mae Wood Stephens, 95, passed away on Friday, August 9, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center after a brief illness. She was born September 16, 1917, to Charles Franklin Wood and Bertha Long Wood in Iuka. She graduated from Iuka High School in 1936, where she was Valedictorian of her class. After […]
OXFORD — Betty Mack Priest Brown, 72, died Thursday, June 6, 2013, at her home in Oxford. Services were held at 11 a.m. Monday, June 10, at Waller Funeral Home with Rev. Bill Barksdale officiating. A graveside service followed in Priest Cemetery in Houston, at 2:30 on Monday. Visitation was held from 9:00 a.m. until service […]
TUPELO – Martha Jean Lucius, 74, died Tuesday, Feb. 26, 2013, at the North Mississippi Medical Center. A native of Calhoun County, she was born Aug. 11, 1938, to the Rev. Wilson and Pansy Ramsey Long. She was a homemaker and loved caring for children, the elderly and the sick, flowers, cooking for her family […]
- High school state test scores released November 18, 2015
- Topper hoopers fall to Bulldogs November 20, 2015
- Judgment and experience November 21, 2015
- Welcome home! November 22, 2015
- WEDDING: Rushing / King November 22, 2015
- FBI to investigate incident at Ole Miss game November 25, 2015
- Mennonite conference bringing influx of visitors to downtown Tupelo November 25, 2015
- MSU Alumni Association announces 2015-16 student delegates, officers November 25, 2015
- Okolona urges parents to keep kids in school November 24, 2015
- Parents reminded that school attendance is mandatory November 24, 2015
- Harvey Birdman, Esq.: You're going to rely on 90's era litigation in o...
- Firebug2006: "What will be law here, is an impossibly, deliber...
- Harvey Birdman, Esq.: The petition suggests a phase-in period, but the p...
- Nancy Young: Thank you for your lifelong support of public educ...
- DENICE ANNA CONEY: Just what I was looking for. That helped me a lot....