She runs one of only two mom-and-pop, locally-owned, video stores in Mississippi and she has her business in Houston. Pam Curry owns and operates J’s Video across Kyle Drive from Walmart and has since 2007. “The distributor that I get most of my videos from said there is one left on the Gulf Coast,” said […]
Tag Archives | local focus
The latest urban fashions can be found on the Square in downtown Houston at a locally owned and operated store that has quietly built a name for offering style and class. M.J.’s Express specializes in great quality with the best prices and is owned by Michael Jones and managed by Michael Evans of […]
HOUSTON – Longtime locals will remember when it was as a garage with Gann’s Clothing and Sportings Goods selling clothes, boots and stuff on the side. And while cars are no longer repaired and fishing tackle is no longer sold there, Gann’s Clothing still sells many of the same brands it did in 1956. “Momma […]
Tina Pullen knows she makes Houlka look better every day. Pullen has spent almost two decades cutting hair and bringing out the best in every customer who walks in her door. And while styles and fashions change Tina’s Fifth Avenue Salon works hard to maintain a high quality of service at a reasonable price. […]
HOUSTON – They will tell you everything at Moore’s Restaurant, except what is in Moore’s Marinade. A hometown eatery since 1951, Moore’s Restaurant is known for cooking family food for . . . well, family and friends. “We know just about everyone who comes in the door,” said Julie Hollingsworth, restaurant manager. “I’m serious when […]
HOUSTON – Wave Lengths is your classic hometown salon complete with people who know your name, know your style and it is run by people who know their business. The hair salon is just off the Square on West Hamilton and has been run by Leigh Ann Howell in the same location for the […]
HOULKA – Ken Westmoreland began working at his father’s store in 1974 and quickly learned getting the right part and the right tool in the hand of the customer who needs it is what the business is all about. Westmoreland Auto Supply opened in January 1940 when David Westmoreland — Ken’s father – brought […]
Service after the sale is more than a slogan at Bargain Warehouse in Houston. Robert, Linda and Benny Goza are quick to point out you can buy appliances and electronics just about anywhere, but getting someone to fix one when it breaks is almost impossible. “We’ve always said we sell the best and service the […]
Customers come from near and far to sit in the chair at Warnick’s Barber Shop for a haircut and to catch up on what’s happening in the world and in Chickasaw County. Gerald Gray has been trimming hair since 1960 and been cutting hair in Houston for the past 3-1/2 years at the shop across […]
Houlka Food Store has been serving Houlka and the surrounding area from its location at the intersection of Highway 32 and Highway 15 for 18 years. Owner David Pearce said the business is so much more than a simple convenience store and he has always tried to offer that little something extra to make it […]
- Cook named HSD superintendent May 21, 2015
- Looking at the future May 24, 2015
- Monday morning Memorial Day May 24, 2015
- Click It or Ticket! May 25, 2015
- State of the Region Meeting is Wednesday May 26, 2015
- Eighty-two Toppers move tassel May 28, 2015
- 2015 alligator hunting seasons announced May 27, 2015
- Learning to give May 27, 2015
- MDEQ awards solid waste grant to Chickasaw County May 27, 2015
- Handgrabbing fishing season is open statewide until July 15 May 26, 2015
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...
- i’m engaged, you can be too | architecture | equality: […] the design and related impacts of a new...
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...