By Gene Phelps Daily Journal JACKSON – East Webster coach Bill Brand knew Newton’s pressure defense was relentless and smothering. “I told my players if we could keep our turnovers to 20, we could win,” he said. East Webster committed 41 turnovers – nearly all forced by Newton – but still managed to exit the […]
Tag Archives | Lloyd
The Mississippi Bureau of Investigation is issuing a Silver Alert for 77-year-old Robert Lloyd Edwards of Eupora. Mr. Edwards was last seen Saturday, Oct. 4, at about noon at 705 Pogue Road in Eupora and this Silver Alert was issued at 1:35 p.m. Monday by MBI. He is described as a white male, 6-foot, 1-inch tall, weighing […]
HOUSTON – Lloyd Edward Weaver, 69, died Monday, Jan. 27, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center. He was born Feb. 22, 1944, in Chickasaw County to Jessie Lloyd Weaver and Mary Alice Howell Weaver. He was a retired truck driver and a member of Pleasant Ridge Baptist Church. Services will be at 2 p.m. today, […]
- Snag it November 19, 2015
- Judgment and experience November 21, 2015
- Welcome home! November 22, 2015
- WEDDING: Rushing / King November 22, 2015
- Houlka Trustees address leave, texting policy November 23, 2015
- FBI to investigate incident at Ole Miss game November 25, 2015
- Mennonite conference bringing influx of visitors to downtown Tupelo November 25, 2015
- MSU Alumni Association announces 2015-16 student delegates, officers November 25, 2015
- Okolona urges parents to keep kids in school November 24, 2015
- Parents reminded that school attendance is mandatory November 24, 2015
- Harvey Birdman, Esq.: You're going to rely on 90's era litigation in o...
- Firebug2006: "What will be law here, is an impossibly, deliber...
- Harvey Birdman, Esq.: The petition suggests a phase-in period, but the p...
- Nancy Young: Thank you for your lifelong support of public educ...
- DENICE ANNA CONEY: Just what I was looking for. That helped me a lot....