HOUSTON – The Chickasaw County Board of Supervisors is looking at different methods of adding security and safety to both Courthouses in the county. EMA Director Linda Griffin brought quotes to the May 6 meeting for fire alarm systems for the courthouses and panic buttons to be installed in the offices of the Circuit and [...]
Tag Archives | Lisa
The municipal primary elections have concluded. For residents of Houston, a General Election will be held to determine two alderman positions. In Okolona, a run-off is necessary to fill a seat on the city council. However, for most of the candidates qualified for local elections, the race is over. The ballots have been counted, winners [...]
Mother’s Day was Sunday and I got a double whammy as it was my birthday, too. “And wasn’t that so nice of me to plan it that way for you,” was my own mother’s joking comment. My son wished me a happy combined birthday/Mother’s day by hanging some mini-blinds and promising more physical labor to [...]
OKOLONA – At the Royal School and Orphanage in Uganda, over half of the children in residence have no parents. Another 25 percent have been abandoned, dropped off at the door. And 22 tour the United States raising money and sponsorships to feed the children back home. “It’s a hard life,” said Ted Moody during [...]
I’ve heard all my life that we meet Jesus in the most unexpected places and in the most unexpected people. I believe that’s true. I also believe God slaps me across the face now and again – just because I need it. Now, before you think I’m blaspheming, hold on just a second. You know [...]
HOUSTON – The Tanglefoot Trail is nearing completion and the Chickasaw County Board of Supervisors heard an update on recent developments from Joyce East of CDF at their March 4 meeting. East is the Executive Director of Chickasaw Development Foundation/Historic Houston Main Street Association and has worked closely with organizers on the trail development since [...]
HOUSTON – The Parent Teacher Organization at Houston Upper Elementary School made a significant donation to the school recently. The PTO donated $7,000 to help place Smartboards in each classroom to assist teachers and students. PTO President Edie Myatt said the group was happy to assist in the project. “We used Great American fundraising,” Myatt [...]
HOUSTON – The annual Chickasaw County Relay for Life event is set for May 3 at Joe Brigance Park in Houston and local teams are gearing up their fundraising efforts for the American Cancer Society. In an effort to involve more people from different walks of life, teams are planning new and different events to [...]
- SCORES: Saturday, May 19, 2013 May 19, 2013
- Cherry Word May 22, 2013
- HMS band awards May 22, 2013
- CARA CHISOLM: Remember with honor May 23, 2013
- Vardaman’s Wilson, Calhoun City’s Evans named to state boards May 23, 2013
- Earlie Terry May 25, 2013
- Betsy Reedy May 25, 2013
- Federal sentences continue in cocaine scheme May 25, 2013
- Virginia Chrestman May 24, 2013
- Billy S. Davis May 24, 2013
- Brenda Summers: R.I.P. my brother, JL Wofford, he was a beautiful ...
- Jeanette Marsh: What is the scheduled date of opening. There have...
- air jordan 2 u: Thanks so much for the post.Thanks Again. Really G...
- William Brownlee: To Whom this may concerns, My name is William Bro...
- C Jackman: Sorry for the loss of your loved one. May the Alm...