By JOEL McNEECE Calhoun County Journal Reprinted with permission STARKVILLE – Robert Morgan, of Vardaman, has accomplished a lot in the classroom at Mississippi State University where he is closing in on a pair of degrees in education and mathematics. But it’s his work outside of his studies that recently earned him one of the […]
Tag Archives | Lions
HOULKA – Continuing the original goal of Lions Club International, the Houlka chapter offers vision assistance in the community to those in need and even to those who don’t know they’re in need. Club President Sam McWhirter said the club tries to help replace vision aids for those who need help. “We try to buy […]
HOULKA – Loyd Carrol Warren, Sr., 81, passed away at his home, surrounded by his family, on Sunday, Feb. 17, 2013. He was born on Oct. 6, 1931, in Pontotoc County. He was retired from Franklin Corporation where he had held many jobs. He was a member of Shiloh Baptist Church but had attended First […]
- Flywheel Festival set for Sept. 26-27 August 26, 2014
- This is the way we roll! August 29, 2014
- Volunteer and make a difference August 29, 2014
- Lady Tigers accept ALS challenge. August 30, 2014
- THOMPSON: Paying at the pump August 30, 2014
- CUNNINGHAM: Common Core linked to federal dollars September 1, 2014
- Hands of Hope September 1, 2014
- BRASSFIELD: Thank you Chickasaw County! August 31, 2014
- ALLEN: First day at new job August 31, 2014
- Jori Abi Boston August 31, 2014
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...
- Pat Southerland: It is interesting to see that Mrs. Dendy is resign...