By JOEL McNEECE Calhoun County Journal Reprinted with permission STARKVILLE – Robert Morgan, of Vardaman, has accomplished a lot in the classroom at Mississippi State University where he is closing in on a pair of degrees in education and mathematics. But it’s his work outside of his studies that recently earned him one of the […]
Tag Archives | Lions
HOULKA – Continuing the original goal of Lions Club International, the Houlka chapter offers vision assistance in the community to those in need and even to those who don’t know they’re in need. Club President Sam McWhirter said the club tries to help replace vision aids for those who need help. “We try to buy […]
HOULKA – Loyd Carrol Warren, Sr., 81, passed away at his home, surrounded by his family, on Sunday, Feb. 17, 2013. He was born on Oct. 6, 1931, in Pontotoc County. He was retired from Franklin Corporation where he had held many jobs. He was a member of Shiloh Baptist Church but had attended First […]
- County picks MedStat ambulances September 25, 2014
- RENEE CUNNINGHAM: Common Core; Do the math September 27, 2014
- Future of farming September 28, 2014
- NMMC offers pastoral education program September 28, 2014
- Aldermen eye Ethics opinion September 29, 2014
- EPA conducts water quality study on Chico Creek October 1, 2014
- WEEK 6: AP high school football state rankings September 30, 2014
- Senate not only race on November ballot September 30, 2014
- Houston donates bus to Chickasaw EMA September 30, 2014
- Enterovirus D68 confirmed in Calhoun County September 30, 2014
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...