By Brandon Speck Daily Journal Calhoun City has bowled over opponents this season, scoring in bunches – 42.4 points per game. That’s about 33 points more than the Wildcats’ defense needed, on average. The offensive numbers get the headlines, deservedly. Calhoun City (12-0), the state’s top Class 2A team, has rushed for 319.2 yards per […]
Tag Archives | Liles
COFFEEVILLE – David A. Liles, 78, died Tuesday, May 27, 2014, at Yalobusha General Hospital in Water Valley. He was born July 18, 1935, in Coffeeville. He was a retired Yalobusha County employee and a member of Clear Springs Baptist Church, the American Legion, the Calhoun City VFW and the DAV. He served eight years in the […]
CALHOUN CITY – Billy Thomas Roach, 61, died Thursday, April 10, 2014, at his home. He was born Sept. 23, 1952, in Carroll County to Bill Roach and Bert Rimmer Roach. He was a truck driver and farmer for Topashaw Farms. He was a member of Pittsboro Pentecostal Church and a member of the National […]
- Mr. Houston January 25, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: The culture of the Super Bowl January 29, 2015
- Knight turn out lights on Houston January 29, 2015
- Trustees moving quickly January 30, 2015
- Supper in the sights January 30, 2015
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Jennifer Westmoreland February 1, 2015
- Wildfire alert February 1, 2015
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: James Meredith January 31, 2015
- Open posts in Chickasaw, Monroe draw crowd of candidates January 31, 2015
- AG arrests two for false filings January 31, 2015
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...