By Brandon Speck Daily Journal Calhoun City has bowled over opponents this season, scoring in bunches – 42.4 points per game. That’s about 33 points more than the Wildcats’ defense needed, on average. The offensive numbers get the headlines, deservedly. Calhoun City (12-0), the state’s top Class 2A team, has rushed for 319.2 yards per […]
Tag Archives | Liles
COFFEEVILLE – David A. Liles, 78, died Tuesday, May 27, 2014, at Yalobusha General Hospital in Water Valley. He was born July 18, 1935, in Coffeeville. He was a retired Yalobusha County employee and a member of Clear Springs Baptist Church, the American Legion, the Calhoun City VFW and the DAV. He served eight years in the […]
CALHOUN CITY – Billy Thomas Roach, 61, died Thursday, April 10, 2014, at his home. He was born Sept. 23, 1952, in Carroll County to Bill Roach and Bert Rimmer Roach. He was a truck driver and farmer for Topashaw Farms. He was a member of Pittsboro Pentecostal Church and a member of the National […]
- Fewer snowflakes this Christmas November 17, 2014
- Volunteers need to answer the call November 20, 2014
- Listening to those who served November 21, 2014
- Helping Hands of Houlka November 21, 2014
- Hunting is part of my heritage November 21, 2014
- Houston ready for tipoff and tournament November 23, 2014
- A golfer’s tale November 23, 2014
- BILLY McCORD: As I see it November 23, 2014
- Brand, Wright honored by ICC November 22, 2014
- Mississippi jobless rate at 7.6 percent in October November 22, 2014
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...
- Sad for Our Kids: Bravo! You've done your job as an advocate for a...
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...