HOUSTON – How many kids really know what their parents go through each month trying to pay the bills and keep a roof over their head? Welcome to the Real World gave more than 315 Houston High School students a taste of what it is like to be on their own, pay rent, make a […]
Tag Archives | light
I have had the opportunity to live in several different communities and it is always neat to see how a neighborhood or town celebrates Christmas. The holidays are all about tradition and often locals don’t see those time-honored events for what they really mean to the community. Houston is no different. I repeatedly hear businesses, […]
During my tenure here at the Chickasaw Journal, I’ve had the opportunity to meet some interesting people and attend some really cool events. I’ve even said, more than once, “That was the coolest thing I’ve ever seen.” But this time – it really is. Last week, students from Houston, Houlka and Okolona carried a cross […]
HOUSTON – He grew up in Chickasaw County but his music and his message is aimed at an audience that has grown to become the largest concert tour in the world each winter. NewSong drummer Jack Pumphrey was raised in Houston and he will take the stage at Winter Jam in Tupelo Thursday night along […]
- Houlka eyes old fines as revenue July 24, 2015
- Fusion Furniture expanding in Ecru July 28, 2015
- Area trio earns ICC scholarships July 28, 2015
- Area residents graduate ICC program July 28, 2015
- Houlka’s Hobson on rise July 29, 2015
- Ole Miss begins season No. 15 in coaches poll July 30, 2015
- Woman charged with trying to sell her baby July 30, 2015
- Run right! Go long! July 30, 2015
- County will keep inmates for free July 30, 2015
- EDITORIAL: Who deserves your vote? July 30, 2015
- Jimmie Hardin: I for one cared that it was a week late. I live in...
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...
- Greg Schmidt: This is good news because this is one of the most ...
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...