The Mississippi Highway Patrol’s mobile Driver’s License office will be open in Houston at the WIN Job Center at 210 South Monroe Street the third Monday of each month. They also will be at the National Guard Armory on Highway 8 in Okolona the third Wednesday and the Courthouse in Pittsboro on the third Tuesday. […]
Tag Archives | License
HOUSTON – Driver’s licenses can now be obtained in Houston on the third Monday of each month. State, county and city officials formally opened a mobile office of the Mississippi Highway Patrol at the WIN Job Center in Houston last week and drivers can now get their licenses, permits and conduct test at the office […]
I enjoy visiting with you like this. In this day and age of immediate electronic media and 24-hour news it’s still neat to sit down at a keyboard and talk with the people who read the Chickasaw Journal. I’ve always felt radio yaks, television blares and the internet will carry you many places you don’t […]
HOUSTON – Driver’s licenses could be issued in Chickasaw County later this month if all goes according to plans made by state and local officials. The Mississippi Highway Safety Patrol inspected several locations in Chickasaw County in June and has announced plans to set up a mobile office at the WIN Job Center in Houston […]
Okolona is looking at establishing a Mississippi Driver’s License office at the Rockwell Auditorium and we hope they are successful. The Mississippi Department of Public Safety ruffled this community a year ago when it decided to close its longtime office at the Fire Department in Houston. DPS said it was a cost cutting measure, but […]
OKOLONA – Aldermen would love to have a Mississippi driver’s license office at Rockwell Auditorium, but the demands of the Mississippi State Highway Patrol won’t make it easy. The Okolona Board of Aldermen received a list of office requirements the state needs before it can establish a driver’s license testing location in town. The […]
Mississippi’s white-tailed deer hunting season with guns opens Saturday and runs through December 1. Hunting with dogs is allowed during this season. Legal deer include antlerless deer and legal bucks on private lands and legal bucks on open public lands. Hunters are urged to practice good hunter ethics and follow all safety rules to avoid […]
by Bobby Harrison NEMS Daily Journal JACKSON – Supervisors in about 35 rural counties across the state can now request the Mississippi Department of Public Safety to place a driver’s license examiner or a kiosk where people can renew their license in their county seat. The legislation requiring the Department of Public Safety to […]
Consider this predicament: For a Chickasaw County resident to get a license to drive on the state’s highways they have to drive out of the county to be tested and photographed to obtain that privilege. But a bill before the Mississippi Legislature may soon require the Mississippi Department of Public Safety to have a driver’s […]
By Bobby Harrison Daily Journal Capitol Correspondent JACKSON – State Sen. Russell Jolly, D-Houston, represents a sprawling district that includes all of Chickasaw, and portions of Grenada, Calhoun and southwest Lee counties. With the exception of the people who live in the Lee County portion of his district, all of Jolly’s constituents must cross county […]
- DANIEL GARDNER: Islam and the Crusades February 21, 2015
- Region could see inches of snow today February 25, 2015
- Band Booster seafood fundraiser underway February 25, 2015
- School, business, industry and institution closing February 25, 2015
- Weather prompts outages, closings, curfews February 26, 2015
- DANIEL GARDNER: God given rights February 28, 2015
- GOP federal prosecutor to challenge Hood for AG February 27, 2015
- Agri-Center shaping up February 27, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: Quality of life February 27, 2015
- Houlka smashes Smithville, falls to Coffeeville February 27, 2015
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...