HOUSTON – Driver’s licenses can now be obtained in Houston on the third Monday of each month. State, county and city officials formally opened a mobile office of the Mississippi Highway Patrol at the WIN Job Center in Houston last week and drivers can now get their licenses, permits and conduct test at the office […]
Tag Archives | License
I enjoy visiting with you like this. In this day and age of immediate electronic media and 24-hour news it’s still neat to sit down at a keyboard and talk with the people who read the Chickasaw Journal. I’ve always felt radio yaks, television blares and the internet will carry you many places you don’t […]
HOUSTON – Driver’s licenses could be issued in Chickasaw County later this month if all goes according to plans made by state and local officials. The Mississippi Highway Safety Patrol inspected several locations in Chickasaw County in June and has announced plans to set up a mobile office at the WIN Job Center in Houston […]
Okolona is looking at establishing a Mississippi Driver’s License office at the Rockwell Auditorium and we hope they are successful. The Mississippi Department of Public Safety ruffled this community a year ago when it decided to close its longtime office at the Fire Department in Houston. DPS said it was a cost cutting measure, but […]
OKOLONA – Aldermen would love to have a Mississippi driver’s license office at Rockwell Auditorium, but the demands of the Mississippi State Highway Patrol won’t make it easy. The Okolona Board of Aldermen received a list of office requirements the state needs before it can establish a driver’s license testing location in town. The […]
Mississippi’s white-tailed deer hunting season with guns opens Saturday and runs through December 1. Hunting with dogs is allowed during this season. Legal deer include antlerless deer and legal bucks on private lands and legal bucks on open public lands. Hunters are urged to practice good hunter ethics and follow all safety rules to avoid […]
by Bobby Harrison NEMS Daily Journal JACKSON – Supervisors in about 35 rural counties across the state can now request the Mississippi Department of Public Safety to place a driver’s license examiner or a kiosk where people can renew their license in their county seat. The legislation requiring the Department of Public Safety to […]
Consider this predicament: For a Chickasaw County resident to get a license to drive on the state’s highways they have to drive out of the county to be tested and photographed to obtain that privilege. But a bill before the Mississippi Legislature may soon require the Mississippi Department of Public Safety to have a driver’s […]
By Bobby Harrison Daily Journal Capitol Correspondent JACKSON – State Sen. Russell Jolly, D-Houston, represents a sprawling district that includes all of Chickasaw, and portions of Grenada, Calhoun and southwest Lee counties. With the exception of the people who live in the Lee County portion of his district, all of Jolly’s constituents must cross county […]
- Listening to those who served November 21, 2014
- Houlka ready for another run this season November 25, 2014
- CHICKASAW COUNTY: Luther wins Circuit Judge, Pettit wins Houston trustee November 25, 2014
- Mississippi producing big bucks November 25, 2014
- Come in from the cold November 26, 2014
- Solar farm shines in Chickasaw County November 28, 2014
- Houlka powers past North Pontotoc November 27, 2014
- Houston nips Wildcats November 27, 2014
- Shop local November 27, 2014
- A reason to be thankful November 27, 2014
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...
- Sad for Our Kids: Bravo! You've done your job as an advocate for a...
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...