By Bobby Harrison NEMS Capitol Reporter JACKSON – Lt. Gov. Tate Reeves is proposing to provide state funds to help local school districts place law enforcement officers in schools. Reeves announced the program and another that would report Mississippians with mental competency issues to a national database during a news conference at the state Capitol […]
Tag Archives | Legislature
by Bobby Harrison/NEMS Daily Journal JACKSON – The issues have been clearly defined for the Mississippi Legislature’s 2013 session, which begins at noon Tuesday. Most believe the primary focus of the session will be education – particularly charter schools and possibly other Republican proposals dealing with school choice options. Part of that focus will be […]
JACKSON – A key legislative advocate in efforts to strengthen Mississippi’s laws to curb the number of undocumented immigrants in the state says he is not sure how the issue will be dealt with during the upcoming 2013 session. “I don’t have anything definitive in the way of plans for immigration legislation,” House Judiciary B […]
JACKSON – The Mississippi Farm Bureau Federation presented its Friend of Agriculture Award to Representative Preston Sullivan of Okolona. He represents House District 22 comprised of Calhoun, Chickasaw, and Pontotoc counties. He is the Chairman of the House Agriculture Committee. “Chairman Sullivan has worked hard with Farm Bureau on many issues including agritourism, immigration reform, […]
- Process of returning stolen property is detailed. April 20, 2015
- Testing time April 23, 2015
- Hilltoppers eye playoffs April 23, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: Flywheel fun starts Friday April 23, 2015
- Houston honors best and brightest April 23, 2015
- Candidates cautioned on placing signs April 27, 2015
- DANIEL GARDNER: Presidential politics for 2016 April 26, 2015
- Locals serve on Indian Delegation April 25, 2015
- State benefits from Natchez Trace Parkway visitors April 24, 2015
- Houston hosts Flywheel Festival April 24, 2015
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...
- i’m engaged, you can be too | architecture | equality: […] the design and related impacts of a new...
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...