By Bobby Harrison NEMS Capitol Reporter JACKSON – Lt. Gov. Tate Reeves is proposing to provide state funds to help local school districts place law enforcement officers in schools. Reeves announced the program and another that would report Mississippians with mental competency issues to a national database during a news conference at the state Capitol […]
Tag Archives | Legislature
by Bobby Harrison/NEMS Daily Journal JACKSON – The issues have been clearly defined for the Mississippi Legislature’s 2013 session, which begins at noon Tuesday. Most believe the primary focus of the session will be education – particularly charter schools and possibly other Republican proposals dealing with school choice options. Part of that focus will be […]
JACKSON – A key legislative advocate in efforts to strengthen Mississippi’s laws to curb the number of undocumented immigrants in the state says he is not sure how the issue will be dealt with during the upcoming 2013 session. “I don’t have anything definitive in the way of plans for immigration legislation,” House Judiciary B […]
JACKSON – The Mississippi Farm Bureau Federation presented its Friend of Agriculture Award to Representative Preston Sullivan of Okolona. He represents House District 22 comprised of Calhoun, Chickasaw, and Pontotoc counties. He is the Chairman of the House Agriculture Committee. “Chairman Sullivan has worked hard with Farm Bureau on many issues including agritourism, immigration reform, […]
- TERRI TURNER: 2015 Woman Of The Year June 28, 2015
- Roberts is Miss Mississippi, Molly May a finalist July 2, 2015
- Houlka is back in the black July 3, 2015
- Vernon Fortner: July 4, 1950 July 3, 2015
- Houston Homecoming 2015 is today July 4, 2015
- Greyson Neal Myatt July 5, 2015
- Aubri Grace Hiner July 5, 2015
- GARDEN PARTY: Floy Dyer residents grow some fun July 5, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: Ready, Aim, Fireworks! July 4, 2015
- Saturday is last day to register to vote. July 4, 2015
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...
- Greg Schmidt: This is good news because this is one of the most ...
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...