Special to the Chickasaw Journal Stanley and Sue Ard of Houston are pleased to announce the marriage of their daughter, Brittany Lee, to Chad Ellis Brown, son of John Brown III of Hamilton, Miss., and Rhonda Lawson of New Albany. Brittany is the granddaughter of the late Loyd and Mary Lee Eaton of Houston and […]
Tag Archives | Lee
By Bobby Harrison NEMS Daily Journal JACKSON – Various sources have confirmed that the Legislature will take up incentives in Friday’s special session to lure a major foreign tire manufacturing plant to Clay County. But officials say information on the size of the incentive package will not be made available to the public until just […]
HOUSTON – The local numbers are staggering and the wounds inflicted by violent crime in this community can take years to heal. SURVIVAL, Inc. is currently working with more than 30 people in Chickasaw County who have been the victim of violent crime. The organization is working with hundreds of people in a six-county area. […]
VARDAMAN – Elbert Lee Moore Jr., 86, died Sunday, April 21, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Eupora.He was born Oct. 18, 1926, in Calhoun County to Elbert L. Moore Sr. and Irene Spencer Moore. He was a retired farmer and a World War II Navy veteran. He is survived by his sons, Madie […]
TUPELO – Willie Earl Hinton, 66, died Sunday, March 24, 2013. He was born Dec. 2, 1946, to Levora and Tommy Lee Hinton of Nettleton. He joined East Springhill M.B. Church at an early age. Services will be at 2 p.m. Saturday at Nettleton Primary School Gymnasium with Pastor Michael Denman officiating. Burial will be […]
HOUSTON – Chickasaw County Justice Court Judge Garry Turner accepted four not guilty pleas from Okolona Assistant Police Chief Romona Robertson Thursday and will now set a court date. Robertson, who did not appear in Justice Court, was represented by her attorney Ed Lancaster who entered the not guilty pleas to DUI, speeding, failure to […]
OKOLONA – Aldermen listened as members of the community stepped to the microphone last week and voiced their concerns with the Okolona Police Department and Okolona Electric Department. Three residents approached the Okolona Board of Aldermen citing their concerns with electric bills and customer service by the city. A resident also voiced her concern after […]
CHICKASAW COUNTY – Good local government hinges on electing good candidates and voters around Chickasaw County will pick from a slate of candidates when municipal elections are held this spring. Candidates have filed for all city posts with a number of Okolona residents casting their hat in the ring and seeking your vote for mayor, […]
AMORY – Gossie Lee Jones, 80, died Monday, Feb. 11, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center. Born April 5, 1932, in Monroe County, he was a son of the late Liza and Robert Lee Jones. He was a member of Rose of Sharon Church. He attended school in both Prairie and Amory. He was formerly […]
- Futral hired as Houston City Clerk October 21, 2014
- Pearson to be honored by state October 22, 2014
- October 23, 2014
- Houston investigates racial slur October 24, 2014
- RENEE CUNNINGHAM: Common Core: New math isn’t new October 18, 2014
- Life Chain hosts annual event October 25, 2014
- Field day planned for forages, beef October 24, 2014
- Crash ruptures gas line, blocks traffic on Hwy. 8 October 24, 2014
- Hebron downs Central Academy, 38-6 October 24, 2014
- FLOYD INGRAM: Sticks and stones . . . October 24, 2014
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...
- Sad for Our Kids: Bravo! You've done your job as an advocate for a...
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...