LEE NABORS: I support Tourism Tax Dear Editor, Please vote yes for the tourism tax on August 11. As a business owner when I here the word tax, I usually get concerned. This one-percent tourism tax is different because it is fair, reasonable and necessary for a town like Houston to prosper and grow. I […]
Tag Archives | Lee Nabors
CALHOUN CITY – Laquita Joy Barton Stewart, 78, died Monday, Nov. 25, 2013, at her home. She was born Feb, 20, 1935, in Calhoun City to Joseph Grady Barton and Rena Maye Harrelson Barton. She was retired from child care at Lewis Memorial United Methodist Church. She was a member of Macedonia Baptist Church. Survivors […]
HOUSTON – The whistles will blow Sunday afternoon and the Tanglefoot Trail will officially open for Houston, Houlka and points north. The old railroad bed of the former GM&O railroad has been turned into a bike and walking path after years of work by the communities located along the trail and Sunday’s 30-minute ceremony begins […]
- Teachers to be allowed to paddle September 28, 2015
- DUKE DENTON: Hospitals owe patients a list of procedure costs September 27, 2015
- Vardaman wins homecoming, 48-7 October 1, 2015
- EDITORIAL: Let’s get on the Trail October 1, 2015
- Flywheel Festival was fall fun October 1, 2015
- WEDDING: Adams / Gregory October 4, 2015
- WEDDING: Byrne / Blissard October 4, 2015
- AREA ROUNDUP: Adams scores three touchdowns in limited action October 3, 2015
- Tanglefoot Trail signs destroyed in Pontotoc County October 3, 2015
- DANIEL GARDNER: Politicians parsing words October 3, 2015
- George Edgar Worley: See Sparethekids.com and BeatingBlackKids.com for ...
- George Edgar Worley: WATCH Montel Williams on School Paddling of Studen...
- George Edgar Worley: #BlackLivesMatter ? #srebeducation Students to Sch...
- George Edgar Worley: WATCH Documentary Exposes the Brutally Violent TRU...
- Carolyn Goggans: In the pictures above ( the second from the bottom...