Special to the Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – Registration is continuing for GED Prep and English Second Language classes in Itawamba Community College’s five-county district including the Chickasaw County WIN Center in Houston. The schedule will have the Houston WIN Center offer the classes, Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m.-noon and 1-4 p.m., with instructor […]
Tag Archives | Lee County
Special to the Chickasaw Journal HOULKA – Scholarship recipients at Itawamba Community College for 2015 include Johnathon Huffman of Houlka, ACT Regular Incentive, Leadership; and Otempia Webb of Houlka, ACT Regular Incentive, Leadership. Huffman is a May 2015 graduate of Houlka Attendance Center, where participated in baseball, football, Beta Club (president) and […]
Special to the Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – Registration is continuing for GED Prep and English Second Language classes in Itawamba Community College’s five-county district including the Chickasaw County WIN Center in Houston. The schedule will have the Houston WIN Center offer the classes, Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m.-noon and 1-4 p.m., with instructor Julia […]
Special to the Chickasaw Journal TUPELO – An Okolona man was formally charged Thursday with two counts of burglary in Lee County. Officials in Itawamba, Pontotoc, Marshall, Tippah and Union counties could add charges later. Garcia, 39, is accused of breaking into houses in the northeast and northwest portions of the county. He was arrested […]
Daily Journal TUPELO – Authorities have identified the woman they say hosted a Mooreville weekend party that housed more than 70 underage individuals and the presence of drugs and alcohol. Angie Floyd, 47, was arrested and charged with violation of the Social Hosting Law and her bond set at $6,000. Lee County Sheriff Jim Johnson […]
By JB Clark Daily Journal VERONA – A Verona man was killed in an early afternoon shooting Saturday. Lee County Coroner Carolyn Green reported Rodney Lowery, 41, died at North Mississippi Medical Center where he was transported after being shot along City Point Road in Verona sometime around 1 p.m. Saturday. Three suspects were taken […]
Jolly honored by Farm Bureau Special to the Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – Sen. Russell Jolly of Houston is the Mississippi Farm Bureau Federation’s 2013 Friend of Agriculture for the Mississippi Senate. The presentation was made during the organization’s annual meeting in December. Sen. Jolly represents Dist. 8, consisting of Chickasaw, Calhoun, Grenada and […]
All of us have watched with interest the legal wranglings of the George Zimmerman trial and a little closer to home the latest filings of our very own Attorney General Jim Hood concerning Mississippi’s new open-carry law. As a hunter, reporter, husband, father and red-blooded American, I have to say I am a little concerned […]
WEST POINT – Merlaine Young Nichols, 96, passed away on Sunday, July 14, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center, in Tupelo. She was born July 10, 1917, in Nettleton in Lee County to Winnie Isabella Coggin and Henry Juette Young. She was a homemaker and a member of First United Methodist Church. She loved to […]
- FLOYD INGRAM: A man with a gun November 20, 2015
- Mennonite conference bringing influx of visitors to downtown Tupelo November 25, 2015
- FBI to investigate incident at Ole Miss game November 25, 2015
- EDITORIAL: Shop local November 26, 2015
- County upgrades fingerprint machine November 26, 2015
- Chieftains roll over the Panthers November 27, 2015
- Okolona test scores improve November 27, 2015
- Houlka races past Hilltoppers November 26, 2015
- Topper season finale November 26, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: A reason to be thankful November 26, 2015
- Harvey Birdman, Esq.: You're going to rely on 90's era litigation in o...
- Firebug2006: "What will be law here, is an impossibly, deliber...
- Harvey Birdman, Esq.: The petition suggests a phase-in period, but the p...
- Nancy Young: Thank you for your lifelong support of public educ...
- DENICE ANNA CONEY: Just what I was looking for. That helped me a lot....