MEMPHIS – No charges are being filed at this time against a Pontotoc County Sheriff’s deputy who was involved in a shooting on Beale Street on Saturday morning in Memphis. A public information officer with the Memphis Police Department said the details of the shooting were presented to the Shelby County District Attorney’s Office, and […]
Tag Archives | law enforcement
OKOLONA – Preparing for any emergency is never an easy task and trying to prepare for an unexpected disaster pushes the envelope even further. But over 40 representatives of local and area entities gathered Feb. 4 to try to do just that. The Chickasaw County Emergency Management office organized a tabletop exercise, facilitated by Todd […]
tipThere are several stories in this week’s newspaper dealing with crime. A Social Security scam, burglaries and a crackdown on curfew in the City of Houston grabbed the headlines. Houston is not in the midst of a crime wave. Okolona, Houlka and even little ole Woodland have their share of crime, too. We hope each […]
Law enforcement uses a lot of tools to track down law breakers and one of the most telling and accurate is DNA profiling. Also called DNA testing, DNA typing or genetic fingerprinting – DNA profiling is a technique employed by forensic scientists and law enforcement to assist in the identification of people by their […]
HOUSTON – Some children and youth struggle with their plans for adulthood, but Tyler Thomas has already set his cap for the future. Thomas, 7, states emphatically he wants to be a policeman when he grows up and has already made friends on the force in Houston. “Every time he sees us, he’s just fascinated,” […]
by Patsy R. Brumfield NEMS Daily Journal HOUSTON – A special judge Monday found Okolona Assistant Police Chief Ramona Robertson guilty on three counts and dismissed a fourth. Judge Ernest Cunningham, from Marshall County, fined Robertson $600 plus court costs after hearing testimony all day surrounding her Dec. 7, 2012, arrest by the Mississippi Highway […]
- Trustees get report on Middle School February 23, 2015
- Carrot and stick February 27, 2015
- Houston ponders community assets February 27, 2015
- Houlka smashes Smithville, falls to Coffeeville February 27, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: Quality of life February 27, 2015
- Moore to attend Clinton Global Initiative March 2, 2015
- UPDATE: Four hurt, two dead in Calhoun County wreck March 2, 2015
- Lenten Luncheon continues this week March 2, 2015
- Happy Birthday Miss Zula March 1, 2015
- DANIEL GARDNER: God given rights February 28, 2015
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...