MEMPHIS – No charges are being filed at this time against a Pontotoc County Sheriff’s deputy who was involved in a shooting on Beale Street on Saturday morning in Memphis. A public information officer with the Memphis Police Department said the details of the shooting were presented to the Shelby County District Attorney’s Office, and […]
Tag Archives | law enforcement
OKOLONA – Preparing for any emergency is never an easy task and trying to prepare for an unexpected disaster pushes the envelope even further. But over 40 representatives of local and area entities gathered Feb. 4 to try to do just that. The Chickasaw County Emergency Management office organized a tabletop exercise, facilitated by Todd […]
tipThere are several stories in this week’s newspaper dealing with crime. A Social Security scam, burglaries and a crackdown on curfew in the City of Houston grabbed the headlines. Houston is not in the midst of a crime wave. Okolona, Houlka and even little ole Woodland have their share of crime, too. We hope each […]
Law enforcement uses a lot of tools to track down law breakers and one of the most telling and accurate is DNA profiling. Also called DNA testing, DNA typing or genetic fingerprinting – DNA profiling is a technique employed by forensic scientists and law enforcement to assist in the identification of people by their […]
HOUSTON – Some children and youth struggle with their plans for adulthood, but Tyler Thomas has already set his cap for the future. Thomas, 7, states emphatically he wants to be a policeman when he grows up and has already made friends on the force in Houston. “Every time he sees us, he’s just fascinated,” […]
by Patsy R. Brumfield NEMS Daily Journal HOUSTON – A special judge Monday found Okolona Assistant Police Chief Ramona Robertson guilty on three counts and dismissed a fourth. Judge Ernest Cunningham, from Marshall County, fined Robertson $600 plus court costs after hearing testimony all day surrounding her Dec. 7, 2012, arrest by the Mississippi Highway […]
- Futral hired as Houston City Clerk October 21, 2014
- Pearson to be honored by state October 22, 2014
- Houston clicks on all cylinders October 23, 2014
- October 23, 2014
- RENEE CUNNINGHAM: Common Core: New math isn’t new October 18, 2014
- Field day planned for forages, beef October 24, 2014
- Crash ruptures gas line, blocks traffic on Hwy. 8 October 24, 2014
- Hebron downs Central Academy, 38-6 October 24, 2014
- FLOYD INGRAM: Sticks and stones . . . October 24, 2014
- Houston investigates racial slur October 24, 2014
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...
- Sad for Our Kids: Bravo! You've done your job as an advocate for a...
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...