MEMPHIS – No charges are being filed at this time against a Pontotoc County Sheriff’s deputy who was involved in a shooting on Beale Street on Saturday morning in Memphis. A public information officer with the Memphis Police Department said the details of the shooting were presented to the Shelby County District Attorney’s Office, and […]
Tag Archives | law enforcement
OKOLONA – Preparing for any emergency is never an easy task and trying to prepare for an unexpected disaster pushes the envelope even further. But over 40 representatives of local and area entities gathered Feb. 4 to try to do just that. The Chickasaw County Emergency Management office organized a tabletop exercise, facilitated by Todd […]
tipThere are several stories in this week’s newspaper dealing with crime. A Social Security scam, burglaries and a crackdown on curfew in the City of Houston grabbed the headlines. Houston is not in the midst of a crime wave. Okolona, Houlka and even little ole Woodland have their share of crime, too. We hope each […]
Law enforcement uses a lot of tools to track down law breakers and one of the most telling and accurate is DNA profiling. Also called DNA testing, DNA typing or genetic fingerprinting – DNA profiling is a technique employed by forensic scientists and law enforcement to assist in the identification of people by their […]
HOUSTON – Some children and youth struggle with their plans for adulthood, but Tyler Thomas has already set his cap for the future. Thomas, 7, states emphatically he wants to be a policeman when he grows up and has already made friends on the force in Houston. “Every time he sees us, he’s just fascinated,” […]
by Patsy R. Brumfield NEMS Daily Journal HOUSTON – A special judge Monday found Okolona Assistant Police Chief Ramona Robertson guilty on three counts and dismissed a fourth. Judge Ernest Cunningham, from Marshall County, fined Robertson $600 plus court costs after hearing testimony all day surrounding her Dec. 7, 2012, arrest by the Mississippi Highway […]
- 2014 Okolona Homecoming Court September 14, 2014
- Lady Hilltoppers pounds Calhoun City September 18, 2014
- Okolona falls hard, 25-24 September 18, 2014
- City ignores AG opinion on clerk post September 19, 2014
- BETTY ATKINSON: Honoring the U.S. Constitution September 19, 2014
- Pontotoc liquor vote tied with five ballots out September 20, 2014
- Mississippi aims to apply for federal preschool grant September 20, 2014
- MSMS to host info meeting in Oxford September 20, 2014
- BILLY MCCORD: As I see it September 20, 2014
- WEEK 5: High school football scores September 20, 2014
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...