MEMPHIS – No charges are being filed at this time against a Pontotoc County Sheriff’s deputy who was involved in a shooting on Beale Street on Saturday morning in Memphis. A public information officer with the Memphis Police Department said the details of the shooting were presented to the Shelby County District Attorney’s Office, and […]
Tag Archives | law enforcement
OKOLONA – Preparing for any emergency is never an easy task and trying to prepare for an unexpected disaster pushes the envelope even further. But over 40 representatives of local and area entities gathered Feb. 4 to try to do just that. The Chickasaw County Emergency Management office organized a tabletop exercise, facilitated by Todd […]
tipThere are several stories in this week’s newspaper dealing with crime. A Social Security scam, burglaries and a crackdown on curfew in the City of Houston grabbed the headlines. Houston is not in the midst of a crime wave. Okolona, Houlka and even little ole Woodland have their share of crime, too. We hope each […]
Law enforcement uses a lot of tools to track down law breakers and one of the most telling and accurate is DNA profiling. Also called DNA testing, DNA typing or genetic fingerprinting – DNA profiling is a technique employed by forensic scientists and law enforcement to assist in the identification of people by their […]
HOUSTON – Some children and youth struggle with their plans for adulthood, but Tyler Thomas has already set his cap for the future. Thomas, 7, states emphatically he wants to be a policeman when he grows up and has already made friends on the force in Houston. “Every time he sees us, he’s just fascinated,” […]
by Patsy R. Brumfield NEMS Daily Journal HOUSTON – A special judge Monday found Okolona Assistant Police Chief Ramona Robertson guilty on three counts and dismissed a fourth. Judge Ernest Cunningham, from Marshall County, fined Robertson $600 plus court costs after hearing testimony all day surrounding her Dec. 7, 2012, arrest by the Mississippi Highway […]
- COPES: Super Moms honored May 20, 2015
- DANIEL GARDNER: Irreconcilable, irrational Differences May 23, 2015
- EDITORIAL: Summer is a time to grow May 23, 2015
- Spring squirrel season opens May 23, 2015
- Looking at the future May 24, 2015
- 2015 alligator hunting seasons announced May 27, 2015
- Learning to give May 27, 2015
- MDEQ awards solid waste grant to Chickasaw County May 27, 2015
- Handgrabbing fishing season is open statewide until July 15 May 26, 2015
- State of the Region Meeting is Wednesday May 26, 2015
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...
- i’m engaged, you can be too | architecture | equality: […] the design and related impacts of a new...
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...