MEMPHIS – No charges are being filed at this time against a Pontotoc County Sheriff’s deputy who was involved in a shooting on Beale Street on Saturday morning in Memphis. A public information officer with the Memphis Police Department said the details of the shooting were presented to the Shelby County District Attorney’s Office, and […]
Tag Archives | law enforcement
OKOLONA – Preparing for any emergency is never an easy task and trying to prepare for an unexpected disaster pushes the envelope even further. But over 40 representatives of local and area entities gathered Feb. 4 to try to do just that. The Chickasaw County Emergency Management office organized a tabletop exercise, facilitated by Todd […]
tipThere are several stories in this week’s newspaper dealing with crime. A Social Security scam, burglaries and a crackdown on curfew in the City of Houston grabbed the headlines. Houston is not in the midst of a crime wave. Okolona, Houlka and even little ole Woodland have their share of crime, too. We hope each […]
Law enforcement uses a lot of tools to track down law breakers and one of the most telling and accurate is DNA profiling. Also called DNA testing, DNA typing or genetic fingerprinting – DNA profiling is a technique employed by forensic scientists and law enforcement to assist in the identification of people by their […]
HOUSTON – Some children and youth struggle with their plans for adulthood, but Tyler Thomas has already set his cap for the future. Thomas, 7, states emphatically he wants to be a policeman when he grows up and has already made friends on the force in Houston. “Every time he sees us, he’s just fascinated,” […]
by Patsy R. Brumfield NEMS Daily Journal HOUSTON – A special judge Monday found Okolona Assistant Police Chief Ramona Robertson guilty on three counts and dismissed a fourth. Judge Ernest Cunningham, from Marshall County, fined Robertson $600 plus court costs after hearing testimony all day surrounding her Dec. 7, 2012, arrest by the Mississippi Highway […]
- EDITORIAL: Collecting Fines July 23, 2015
- Houlka trustees Ok demolition, infrastructure details July 27, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: It’s time to consider your choices July 27, 2015
- ICC offering newNational Guard program July 27, 2015
- Summer details handled by Okolona trustees July 28, 2015
- Victoria Wofford awarded Yates Scholarship July 29, 2015
- Suspicious mailers sent before Primary Election July 29, 2015
- Houlka’s Hobson on rise July 29, 2015
- Area residents graduate ICC program July 28, 2015
- Area trio earns ICC scholarships July 28, 2015
- Jimmie Hardin: I for one cared that it was a week late. I live in...
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...
- Greg Schmidt: This is good news because this is one of the most ...
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...