Mr. and Mrs. Dewitt Moore of Houston are pleased to announce the engagement and upcoming wedding of their daughter, Hannah Cathryn Moore, to Larry Hugh Johnson II, son of Mrs. Jeannie Johnson of Louisville and the late Larry Johnson. The bride-elect is the granddaughter of the late Mary Ann Tallent Hancock of Houlka, Mr. and […]
Tag Archives | Larry
HOUSTON – There was a day and age when catching a ride to Okolona or Houston was as easy as flagging down the line car on the old OHCC Railroad. Parkersburg was one of about a dozen flag stops on the Okolona, Houston, Calhoun City (OHCC) Railroad and service on the line was not stopped […]
HOUSTON – A Chickasaw County man is the first person to trek all 44-miles of the Tanglefoot Trail in a day in a wheelchair. “It’s actually 43.6 miles,” said a tired but smiling Robbie Pipkin. “I am worn slap out, but I’m so glad I did this. I am so glad I did this.” Pipkin […]
HOUSTON – Michael and Larry Newman planned and worked hard to get their GED The General Educational Development) test is a group of four subject tests which, when passed, certify that the test taker has high school-level academic skills. “Nothing is hard if you are ready for it,” said Michael, 22, who currently works at […]
SHANNON – Service for Larry Darnell Johnson will be at 1 p.m. Sunday, April 26, at High Chapel. Williams Memorial Funeral Home of Okolona is in charge of arrangements.
OKOLONA – Over his 15 years as a teacher, Larry Bell had one student who made it to the NBA and made a million dollars and 17 who used their education to become millionaires. “Do the math,” said Bell. “You are much more likely to become a millionaire by studying hard and working […]
HOUSTON – Larry Wayne Easley, 57, died Sunday, Sept. 8, 2013. He was born Dec. 21, 1955, in Chickasaw County to George Guinn Easley and Mabelene Lewis Easley. He was of the Primitive Baptist faith. He enjoyed spending time with his grandchildren and his family, working with his farmers and drag racing on the weekends. […]
HOUSTON – A dream that began more than 30 years ago opens its doors to Chickasaw County Saturday. The Chickasaw County Genealogical and Historical Society hosted a two-hour preview of the Chickasaw Museum in Joe Brigance Park last week, in preparation for the crowds they expect at Saturday’s Flywheel Festival. “We really are proud of […]
STARKVILLE – Larry Nathan McKibben, 18, passed away in an automobile accident on March 16, 2013. He was a student at East Mississippi Community College. Services will be at 3 p.m. Thursday at Emmanuel Baptist Church in Starkville. Welch Funeral Home of Starkville is in charge of the arrangements. He is survived by […]
From Staff Reports PONTOTOC COUNTY – Three Chickasaw County young men were hurt in a one-vehicle accident Tuesday night on a rural road just inside Pontotoc County. Pontotoc County Sheriff Leo Mask said the Chevrolet pickup truck the three were riding in was northbound on Wallfield Road near Gershorn Church when the driver apparently […]
- POLICE ROUNDUP: Houston man arrested for fraud. May 21, 2016
- JAY HUGHES: Threats and promises from lawmakers May 24, 2016
- Pugh earns WBC Business Award May 25, 2016
- NEWS BRIEFS: Feeding program, driver’s license and county election commissioners May 25, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Helping those who help us May 26, 2016
- BIRTH: John Wyatt Parker May 28, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The best we can produce May 27, 2016
- Vardaman packs gym for graduation May 27, 2016
- Hebron clinches MAIS championship May 26, 2016
- Toppers’ Smith shuts out Newton May 26, 2016
- Michael Mcalpin: As a kid I spent many an afternoon in the fire sta...
- Hang Abarca: Hi Sharmaine! my work colleague filled in a blank ...
- Sharmaine Sartor: Useful commentary . I learned a lot from the analy...
- Lahoma Stapleton: Hi smithjasmine. I got ahold of a template CG 20 3...
- smithjasmine: Timely ideas , I loved the details . Does someone ...