OKOLONA – 100 years ago, Okolona attorney, A.T. Stovall, wrote to the Carnegie Corporation requesting funds to build a library for the City of Okolona. The foundation, created by Andrew Carnegie to advance teaching and education, granted the request with a donation of $7,500 to construct a building. The City of Okolona partnered with the […]
Tag Archives | Lanier Club
OKOLONA – The GFWC-MFWC Lanier Club of Okolona has once again sponsored “Wreaths Across America” for the Odd Fellows Cemetery and will host a special ceremony on Saturday. The club sold wreaths through Nov. 20 in honor or in memory of military veterans and active service personnel. The wreaths will be placed on veteran’s graves […]
The GFWC-MFWC Lanier Club of Okolona will once again sponsor “Wreaths Across America” for the Odd Fellows Cemetery. The club will sell wreaths for $15 each through Nov. 20 in honor or in memory of military veterans and active service personnel. The wreaths will then be placed on veteran’s graves in the Odd Fellows Cemetery […]
- McDaniel supporters comb ballot boxes July 19, 2014
- Houston Solar Race team out in front July 23, 2014
- District eye suit to fund MAEP July 23, 2014
- Foard receives 2014 DEKALB award July 23, 2014
- Emergency July 24, 2014
- Dodge’s Store robbed in Okolona July 25, 2014
- United Way holds Back to School resource fairs July 25, 2014
- It’s all about passion July 25, 2014
- Let’s hear it for EARS! July 25, 2014
- Houston Solar Car team wins 14th Solar Challenge July 25, 2014
- Pat Southerland: It is interesting to see that Mrs. Dendy is resign...
- Michael Mcalpin: So glad to have this service back locally....
- Pat Burgess: Congratulations to Jim for the award and for all t...
- Chip Ingram: My son Daniel was given a Bobbie Gentry album by ...
- Pam Dendy: I have that first album. My Daddy bought it for me...