OKOLONA – 100 years ago, Okolona attorney, A.T. Stovall, wrote to the Carnegie Corporation requesting funds to build a library for the City of Okolona. The foundation, created by Andrew Carnegie to advance teaching and education, granted the request with a donation of $7,500 to construct a building. The City of Okolona partnered with the […]
Tag Archives | Lanier Club
OKOLONA – The GFWC-MFWC Lanier Club of Okolona has once again sponsored “Wreaths Across America” for the Odd Fellows Cemetery and will host a special ceremony on Saturday. The club sold wreaths through Nov. 20 in honor or in memory of military veterans and active service personnel. The wreaths will be placed on veteran’s graves […]
The GFWC-MFWC Lanier Club of Okolona will once again sponsor “Wreaths Across America” for the Odd Fellows Cemetery. The club will sell wreaths for $15 each through Nov. 20 in honor or in memory of military veterans and active service personnel. The wreaths will then be placed on veteran’s graves in the Odd Fellows Cemetery […]
- Color For A Cause seeks runners August 20, 2014
- Mobile Vet Center coming to Houston August 21, 2014
- 2015 Solar Car team wants Australia August 24, 2014
- WHITFIELD: What’s in your backpack? August 24, 2014
- MCCORD: As I see it August 24, 2014
- Okolona bond vote undecided August 26, 2014
- Okolona man arrested in West Point crime August 26, 2014
- Flywheel Festival set for Sept. 26-27 August 26, 2014
- UPDATE: Search continues for Willie C. “Doc” Harries August 25, 2014
- Houston trustees meet with lawyers, again August 25, 2014
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...
- Pat Southerland: It is interesting to see that Mrs. Dendy is resign...