By Dennis Seid Daily Journal TUPELO – United Furniture Industries was the winning bidder for the former Lane Furniture Industries plant in Verona, and hopes to be building furniture inside the plant by next spring. United offered $1.45 million for the 475,000-square-foot facility, along with 90 acres in the Tupelo Lee Industrial Park South. Doug […]
Tag Archives | KPS Capital
Furniture Brands Wind Down Inc., the remnant of bankrupt Furniture Brands International, has reached a deal with its creditors and the federal Pension Benefit Guaranty Corp. The settlement, which still needs court approval, has the PBGC reducing its claim against the company from $340 million to $300 million. In November,the PBGC said it would pay […]
TUPELO – For some laid-off and soon-to-be laid off employees of Lane Furniture Industries, shock and disappointment have given way to some hope. At least for a few. Last month, Lane’s parent company stunned the employees at Lane’s Saltillo plant, announcing it would be closed by March 21. Heritage Home Group said “business circumstances” forced […]
Daily Journal What remains of bankrupt Furniture Brands International will be overseen by a former officer of the company. Last week, Furniture Brands completed the sale of most of its assets to KPS Capital Partners for $280 million. In the sale on Nov. 25, KPS got Lane, Broyhill, Thomasville, Drexel Heritage, Maitland-Smith, Henredon, Hickory Chair, […]
- Snag it November 19, 2015
- WEDDING: Rushing / King November 22, 2015
- Houlka Trustees address leave, texting policy November 23, 2015
- Parents reminded that school attendance is mandatory November 24, 2015
- Okolona urges parents to keep kids in school November 24, 2015
- Houlka races past Hilltoppers November 26, 2015
- Topper season finale November 26, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: A reason to be thankful November 26, 2015
- County upgrades fingerprint machine November 26, 2015
- EDITORIAL: Shop local November 26, 2015
- Harvey Birdman, Esq.: You're going to rely on 90's era litigation in o...
- Firebug2006: "What will be law here, is an impossibly, deliber...
- Harvey Birdman, Esq.: The petition suggests a phase-in period, but the p...
- Nancy Young: Thank you for your lifelong support of public educ...
- DENICE ANNA CONEY: Just what I was looking for. That helped me a lot....