Furniture Brands Wind Down Inc., the remnant of bankrupt Furniture Brands International, has reached a deal with its creditors and the federal Pension Benefit Guaranty Corp. The settlement, which still needs court approval, has the PBGC reducing its claim against the company from $340 million to $300 million. In November,the PBGC said it would pay […]
Tag Archives | KPS Capital
TUPELO – For some laid-off and soon-to-be laid off employees of Lane Furniture Industries, shock and disappointment have given way to some hope. At least for a few. Last month, Lane’s parent company stunned the employees at Lane’s Saltillo plant, announcing it would be closed by March 21. Heritage Home Group said “business circumstances” forced […]
Daily Journal What remains of bankrupt Furniture Brands International will be overseen by a former officer of the company. Last week, Furniture Brands completed the sale of most of its assets to KPS Capital Partners for $280 million. In the sale on Nov. 25, KPS got Lane, Broyhill, Thomasville, Drexel Heritage, Maitland-Smith, Henredon, Hickory Chair, […]
- Houlka Community Thanksgiving is Nov. 22 November 19, 2014
- Brand, Wright honored by ICC November 22, 2014
- BILLY McCORD: As I see it November 23, 2014
- A golfer’s tale November 23, 2014
- Houston ready for tipoff and tournament November 23, 2014
- Mississippi producing big bucks November 25, 2014
- CHICKASAW COUNTY: Luther wins Circuit Judge, Pettit wins Houston trustee November 25, 2014
- Houlka ready for another run this season November 25, 2014
- Bells will be ringing November 25, 2014
- ICC scholarships awarded to local students November 24, 2014
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...
- Sad for Our Kids: Bravo! You've done your job as an advocate for a...
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...