By Dennis Seid Daily Journal TUPELO – United Furniture Industries was the winning bidder for the former Lane Furniture Industries plant in Verona, and hopes to be building furniture inside the plant by next spring. United offered $1.45 million for the 475,000-square-foot facility, along with 90 acres in the Tupelo Lee Industrial Park South. Doug […]
Tag Archives | KPS Capital
Furniture Brands Wind Down Inc., the remnant of bankrupt Furniture Brands International, has reached a deal with its creditors and the federal Pension Benefit Guaranty Corp. The settlement, which still needs court approval, has the PBGC reducing its claim against the company from $340 million to $300 million. In November,the PBGC said it would pay […]
TUPELO – For some laid-off and soon-to-be laid off employees of Lane Furniture Industries, shock and disappointment have given way to some hope. At least for a few. Last month, Lane’s parent company stunned the employees at Lane’s Saltillo plant, announcing it would be closed by March 21. Heritage Home Group said “business circumstances” forced […]
Daily Journal What remains of bankrupt Furniture Brands International will be overseen by a former officer of the company. Last week, Furniture Brands completed the sale of most of its assets to KPS Capital Partners for $280 million. In the sale on Nov. 25, KPS got Lane, Broyhill, Thomasville, Drexel Heritage, Maitland-Smith, Henredon, Hickory Chair, […]
- EDITORIAL: Collecting Fines July 23, 2015
- Summer details handled by Okolona trustees July 28, 2015
- Unusually high absentee voting activity reported July 28, 2015
- Fusion Furniture expanding in Ecru July 28, 2015
- Area trio earns ICC scholarships July 28, 2015
- Woman charged with trying to sell her baby July 30, 2015
- Run right! Go long! July 30, 2015
- County will keep inmates for free July 30, 2015
- EDITORIAL: Who deserves your vote? July 30, 2015
- Quality Iron announces expansion in Houston July 30, 2015
- Jimmie Hardin: I for one cared that it was a week late. I live in...
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...
- Greg Schmidt: This is good news because this is one of the most ...
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...