Dear Editor, As a parent of children enrolled in the Houston School District, I must take issue with the recent action of the Houston School Board to non-renew the contract of our Superintendent, Dr. Steve Coker. I attended the “special called meeting” of the School Board along with many other concerned citizens that join me […]
Tag Archives | Kim
By Juliet Linderman and Travis Loller Associated Press BALTIMORE – An Arkansas megachurch pastor was elected Tuesday to lead the country’s Southern Baptists as the conservative denomination tries to turn around declining membership, church attendance and baptisms and faces increasing conflict with mainstream culture, especially over its conviction that gay sex is immoral. Later on […]
Rad and Betty Clark marked 60 years of marriage on Sept. 18, 2013 at Pearson Chapel Church of the Nazarene in Chickasaw County. The couple had initially planned for a celebration, but Rad’s health did not allow it. Rad married Betty Ray, Sept. 18, 1953 in Kennett, Mo. They have one son David Gene […]
- Boys beware! February 20, 2015
- Freezing rain, snow forecast, local schools dismissing classes February 23, 2015
- Girls basketball playoff games postponed February 23, 2015
- Parks named to Tombigbee Water Management Board February 24, 2015
- Houston’s teams enjoying new life February 24, 2015
- Winter lingers in Chickasaw County February 27, 2015
- Weather prompts outages, closings, curfews February 26, 2015
- School, business, industry and institution closing February 25, 2015
- Band Booster seafood fundraiser underway February 25, 2015
- Region could see inches of snow today February 25, 2015
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...