HOUSTON – It’s a local name but this is one historic Chickasaw County resident who has a history and story all his own. There is much data and information to tell of the service of this man, but it comes to a murky ending as the Civil War draws to close, leaving a number of […]
Tag Archives | Kendall
CHICKASAW COUNTY – At the close of any war, one can only imagine the logistics involved in ending conflict, returning soldiers, sailors and marines to the homeland, resolving myriad questions about what to do with this or that piece of equipment. But another more crucial question or situation would be deciding who was the last […]
CHICKASAW COUNTY – For thousands of years, humans have felt the need to know what our future weather will be. It has been a long journey to reach the information age and weather forecasting as we know it today. And just as the ancients looked to nature for signs, today’s computer generated forecasts also look […]
Don’t let the gentleness of Jan Cooper fool you. Her will is strong. Jan’s story is so like others who have had breast cancer and yet, on the other hand, it is so unlike others’ story. You see, Jan had ‘cancer in the breast,’ she did not have ‘breast cancer’ as we normally think of […]
HOUSTON – This is not the face most people normally picture when they think of breast cancer. However, the disease can be just as deadly, just as life-altering – or perhaps more so – to a young woman who is just beginning to try her wings and learning to live on her own. Molly May […]
SPARTA – Every Friday night, the Sparta Opry has about as good a fish fry as one could expect here in the land where folks appreciate a good fish fry. In addition to a delicious meal, something else is appreciated at the Opry – its music and the musicians who perform there. Most of the […]
VARDAMAN – Shirley A. Bush Barnett, 68, died Monday, June 24, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. She was born Dec. 13, 1944, in Calhoun County. She was a retired employee of the Kellwood Co. in Calhoun City and a member of New Providence Baptist Church. Graveside services will be at 10:30 a.m. […]
Special to the Chickasaw Journal Richard and Melisa Ware of Houston are pleased to announce the engagement and forthcoming marriage of their daughter, Kaddy Carol, to Michael Forrest Kendall, son of Michael and Kim Kendall of Vardaman. The bride-elect is the granddaughter of Leon and Margaret Gilmer of Vicksburg and Carolyn Ware of Houston and […]
- Boyer, Mitchell earn DAR History honors March 24, 2015
- Easter Egg Hunt is noon Saturday March 27, 2015
- DANIEL GARDNER: We’d best pay attention March 28, 2015
- Yokohama Mississippi nearing completion March 28, 2015
- One dead in crash south of Okolona March 28, 2015
- Coggins to lead Lenten Luncheon March 31, 2015
- Houston plans for farmer’s market March 31, 2015
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Help us “Save a Child” March 30, 2015
- Circuit Court term opened Monday March 30, 2015
- BIRTH: Emmitt Verell Wright March 29, 2015
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...
- i’m engaged, you can be too | architecture | equality: […] the design and related impacts of a new...
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...