HOUSTON – It’s a local name but this is one historic Chickasaw County resident who has a history and story all his own. There is much data and information to tell of the service of this man, but it comes to a murky ending as the Civil War draws to close, leaving a number of […]
Tag Archives | Kendall
CHICKASAW COUNTY – At the close of any war, one can only imagine the logistics involved in ending conflict, returning soldiers, sailors and marines to the homeland, resolving myriad questions about what to do with this or that piece of equipment. But another more crucial question or situation would be deciding who was the last […]
CHICKASAW COUNTY – For thousands of years, humans have felt the need to know what our future weather will be. It has been a long journey to reach the information age and weather forecasting as we know it today. And just as the ancients looked to nature for signs, today’s computer generated forecasts also look […]
Don’t let the gentleness of Jan Cooper fool you. Her will is strong. Jan’s story is so like others who have had breast cancer and yet, on the other hand, it is so unlike others’ story. You see, Jan had ‘cancer in the breast,’ she did not have ‘breast cancer’ as we normally think of […]
HOUSTON – This is not the face most people normally picture when they think of breast cancer. However, the disease can be just as deadly, just as life-altering – or perhaps more so – to a young woman who is just beginning to try her wings and learning to live on her own. Molly May […]
SPARTA – Every Friday night, the Sparta Opry has about as good a fish fry as one could expect here in the land where folks appreciate a good fish fry. In addition to a delicious meal, something else is appreciated at the Opry – its music and the musicians who perform there. Most of the […]
VARDAMAN – Shirley A. Bush Barnett, 68, died Monday, June 24, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. She was born Dec. 13, 1944, in Calhoun County. She was a retired employee of the Kellwood Co. in Calhoun City and a member of New Providence Baptist Church. Graveside services will be at 10:30 a.m. […]
Special to the Chickasaw Journal Richard and Melisa Ware of Houston are pleased to announce the engagement and forthcoming marriage of their daughter, Kaddy Carol, to Michael Forrest Kendall, son of Michael and Kim Kendall of Vardaman. The bride-elect is the granddaughter of Leon and Margaret Gilmer of Vicksburg and Carolyn Ware of Houston and […]
- Houlka eyes old fines as revenue July 24, 2015
- Fusion Furniture expanding in Ecru July 28, 2015
- Area trio earns ICC scholarships July 28, 2015
- Area residents graduate ICC program July 28, 2015
- Houlka’s Hobson on rise July 29, 2015
- Ole Miss begins season No. 15 in coaches poll July 30, 2015
- Woman charged with trying to sell her baby July 30, 2015
- Run right! Go long! July 30, 2015
- County will keep inmates for free July 30, 2015
- EDITORIAL: Who deserves your vote? July 30, 2015
- Jimmie Hardin: I for one cared that it was a week late. I live in...
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...
- Greg Schmidt: This is good news because this is one of the most ...
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...