HOULKA – The revelation of a $100,000 budget shortfall has the Houlka Board of Aldermen taking drastic measures in an effort to balance city books. The shortfall has prompted aldermen to cut city employee’s pay and insurance and take bids to sell the former Bancorp South building that now serves as City Hall. Houlka City […]
Tag Archives | kelly
HOULKA – The only people law enforcement officers feel comfortable around is other law enforcement officers. The City of Houlka and Houlka Police Chief Ray Laney hosted the third annual Chickasaw County Law Enforcement Appreciation Luncheon at noon May 14, at the Houlka Community Center with over 39 law enforcement and court officials in attendance. […]
TUPELO – Barbara Miller Kelly, 73, died Saturday, May 10, 2014, at her residence. She was born Dec. 30, 1940 to Joseph P. II and Edith Anglin Miller at Gilmore Sanatorium in Amory. She married the love of her life, Capt. Alfred C. Kelly, on April 18, 1970. He preceded her in death on Aug. […]
COLUMBUS – Holly Kelly Reifers Curtis, 87, died Friday, Feb. 14, 2014, at Aurora Health and Rehabilitation. Born on Feb. 28, 1926, she was a daughter of William Floyd and Elizabeth Rimmer Kelly. She went to Nursing School at Houston Hospital and received her LPN degree after graduating and passing her state board. At age […]
PONTOTOC – The Tanglefoot Trail name is being protected against encroachment. The GM&O Rails-to-Trails Recreational District, which owns the 44.53-mile bike-and-pedestrian, Houston-to-New Albany path, last month took steps to become the legal owners of the name and related graphics. The name reflects the name of an early locomotive on the route and hints at […]
FULTON/TUPELO – Scholarship recipients at Itawamba Community College for 2013 include Alexandra Belk of Houston, Academic, Leadership; Jacob Bridgman of Houston, Activity/Incentive, Leadership, Solar Car; Marquintez Gates of Houston, Leadership; Chelsea Anne Gray of Houston, Leadership; Alex Harmon of Houston, Academic, Special Achievement, Leadership; Jesse H. Kelly of Houlka, ACT Achievement Incentive, Leadership; Taylor Blake […]
HOULKA – The Houlka police department is sporting new wheels thanks in part to a new patrol car acquired by the force. Police Chief Ray Laney and Mayor Jimmy Kelly took receipt of two new patrol trucks in February as part of a planned and budgeted purchase to upgrade PD equipment. The newest car was […]
HOULKA – The little town of Houlka hosted one of the biggest Christmas parades the community has seen in years last week. A dozen floats, fire trucks, antique cars and horses and carriages paraded down Highway 32 and through downtown Houlka Saturday night Dec. 8. The parade was capped by a float featuring Santa Claus […]
- BOBBY SANDERSON: Service to humanity November 15, 2014
- Houlka Community Thanksgiving is Nov. 22 November 19, 2014
- Defense plays its part in Cal-City’s perfect season November 19, 2014
- Solar farm shines in Chickasaw County November 19, 2014
- TIP IT OFF! November 20, 2014
- Brand, Wright honored by ICC November 22, 2014
- Mississippi jobless rate at 7.6 percent in October November 22, 2014
- WEEK 14: High school football playoff scores November 22, 2014
- Floy Dyer serving community seniors November 22, 2014
- Hunting is part of my heritage November 21, 2014
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...
- Sad for Our Kids: Bravo! You've done your job as an advocate for a...
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...