MATHISTON – Barbara Ann Perry Aycock, 68, died Sunday, Feb. 9, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. She was born Feb. 26, 1945, in Choctaw County. She was a retired teacher and counselor. She was a member of Chester Baptist Church. Services will be at 1 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 13, at Chester Baptist […]
Tag Archives | Keith
PITTSBORO – Cloris Ann Burnham, 80, of Pittsboro died Saturday, Jan. 25, 2014, at Calhoun Health Services in Calhoun City. Born Friday, Dec. 8, 1933, in Greenwood, she was the daughter of Jesse Sproles and Lucy Garrard Sproles. She was the wife of Bro. Bill Travis McDaniel and Billy Keith Burnham. She was a teacher […]
By Robbie Ward Daily Journal OXFORD – A federal jury determined this week the town of Bruce should pay $18,000 to a black public works employee after not promoting him based on his race. A two-day trial led to Roderick Keith Gray receiving damages from the town of Bruce, which did not hire the longtime […]
EUPORA – Eupora Police Department Officer Keith Crenshaw, 52, died Wednesday, Oct. 23, 2013, in Eupora. Services will be at 2 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 27, at the Eupora First Baptist Church with burial in the New Haven Cemetery in Choctaw County. Oliver Funeral Home of Eupora is in charge of arrangements. Visitation will be […]
HOUSTON – Robert Keith “Pete” Naron, 57, died Wednesday, Oct. 2, 2013 at his home. He was born Aug. 26, 1956 to John Edwin “Paw” Naron and Peggy June Pumphrey “Maw” Naron. He worked in various area factories and delivered cars to the local car dealerships until he became disabled. He served in the U.S. […]
HOUSTON – Sammy McMillen had just driven past a man mowing his yard on Madison Street in Houston Wednesday and looked in his mirror to see the mower on top of him. “I don’t know exactly what happened but he was mowing on the hill and when I looked in the mirror he was in […]
HOUSTON – In recognition for his ten years of coaching softball at Houston High School, Keith Jernigan was awarded Coach of the Year status by the National Federation of High School awards. Representatives of the Mississippi High School Activities Association presented the honor to Jernigan in Clinton recently. Jernigan left the grocery business and returned […]
- Floy Dyer serving community seniors November 22, 2014
- Mississippi producing big bucks November 25, 2014
- Come in from the cold November 26, 2014
- Rams to hoop it up in Vardaman November 26, 2014
- Davis Lake bridge bids opened November 27, 2014
- Who’s No. 1! November 28, 2014
- Monroe authorities need help locating missing man November 28, 2014
- Solar farm shines in Chickasaw County November 28, 2014
- Houlka powers past North Pontotoc November 27, 2014
- Houston nips Wildcats November 27, 2014
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...
- Sad for Our Kids: Bravo! You've done your job as an advocate for a...
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...