MATHISTON – Barbara Ann Perry Aycock, 68, died Sunday, Feb. 9, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. She was born Feb. 26, 1945, in Choctaw County. She was a retired teacher and counselor. She was a member of Chester Baptist Church. Services will be at 1 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 13, at Chester Baptist […]
Tag Archives | Keith
PITTSBORO – Cloris Ann Burnham, 80, of Pittsboro died Saturday, Jan. 25, 2014, at Calhoun Health Services in Calhoun City. Born Friday, Dec. 8, 1933, in Greenwood, she was the daughter of Jesse Sproles and Lucy Garrard Sproles. She was the wife of Bro. Bill Travis McDaniel and Billy Keith Burnham. She was a teacher […]
By Robbie Ward Daily Journal OXFORD – A federal jury determined this week the town of Bruce should pay $18,000 to a black public works employee after not promoting him based on his race. A two-day trial led to Roderick Keith Gray receiving damages from the town of Bruce, which did not hire the longtime […]
EUPORA – Eupora Police Department Officer Keith Crenshaw, 52, died Wednesday, Oct. 23, 2013, in Eupora. Services will be at 2 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 27, at the Eupora First Baptist Church with burial in the New Haven Cemetery in Choctaw County. Oliver Funeral Home of Eupora is in charge of arrangements. Visitation will be […]
HOUSTON – Robert Keith “Pete” Naron, 57, died Wednesday, Oct. 2, 2013 at his home. He was born Aug. 26, 1956 to John Edwin “Paw” Naron and Peggy June Pumphrey “Maw” Naron. He worked in various area factories and delivered cars to the local car dealerships until he became disabled. He served in the U.S. […]
HOUSTON – Sammy McMillen had just driven past a man mowing his yard on Madison Street in Houston Wednesday and looked in his mirror to see the mower on top of him. “I don’t know exactly what happened but he was mowing on the hill and when I looked in the mirror he was in […]
HOUSTON – In recognition for his ten years of coaching softball at Houston High School, Keith Jernigan was awarded Coach of the Year status by the National Federation of High School awards. Representatives of the Mississippi High School Activities Association presented the honor to Jernigan in Clinton recently. Jernigan left the grocery business and returned […]
- Houston considers tax increase August 27, 2014
- THOMPSON: Paying at the pump August 30, 2014
- Jori Abi Boston August 31, 2014
- ALLEN: First day at new job August 31, 2014
- BRASSFIELD: Thank you Chickasaw County! August 31, 2014
- Manning case back before Miss. Supreme Court September 2, 2014
- Police find body of missing teenager September 2, 2014
- Alleged Craigslist counterfeit scammers from Okolona, West Point arrested September 2, 2014
- Houston’s Scott receives NSHSS honor September 2, 2014
- CUNNINGHAM: Common Core linked to federal dollars September 1, 2014
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...
- Pat Southerland: It is interesting to see that Mrs. Dendy is resign...