HOUSTON – American veterans have never been known to back off when the going gets tough. The Houston Solar Car program received a check for $10,000 recently from Mississippi VFW for their work in promoting the state and their desire to stay on the cutting edge of technology. “We are all about veterans, veteran’s families […]
Tag Archives | Keith Reese
HOUSTON – The Houston Solar Race program started on a shoestring back in 1995 and things haven’t really changed much over the years. When Houston electricity teacher, Keith Reese, came up with the idea of creating a solar-powered car, there was no money in the school budget to cover costs. And there’s not much more […]
HOUSTON – The Houston Solar Race Team has spent the last year hosting fundraising events and soliciting sponsors for their upcoming race and has met their budget goals. The team hosted several events and the Sundancer Steering Committee sent out the call for sponsors and donations and received some extra help from a local business. […]
Solar car team racing for 13th consecutive national title. By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – They head to Texas and will race to California with plans to bring home their 13th national title in the Solar Car Challenge. The Houston Solar Race Team travels to Fort Worth this week to […]
HOUSTON – The Houston Solar Race team is busy getting ready for the upcoming Winston Solar Challenge, a road race from Round Rock, Texas, to Los Angeles, Calif., in July and they have a few boxes left to mark off on their list. The team, comprised of nine students and graduates of Houston High School, […]
HOUSTON – The Houston Solar Race team is once again preparing for national competition and residents and visitors to Houston will soon see the 12-time champion car around town and the area. The team is competing in the Winston Solar Challenge which this year will run from Texas to Los Angeles and have been […]
- DANIEL GARDNER: The “Good News” in Russia July 25, 2015
- Houlka’s Hobson on rise July 29, 2015
- Suspicious mailers sent before Primary Election July 29, 2015
- Victoria Wofford awarded Yates Scholarship July 29, 2015
- Quality Iron announces expansion in Houston July 30, 2015
- Houlka aldermen updated on water, sewer issues July 31, 2015
- Man arrested following assault with knife July 31, 2015
- Two charged in Calhoun County death July 31, 2015
- County elections are Tuesday, Aug. 4 July 31, 2015
- Ole Miss begins season No. 15 in coaches poll July 30, 2015
- Jimmie Hardin: I for one cared that it was a week late. I live in...
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...
- Greg Schmidt: This is good news because this is one of the most ...
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...