HOUSTON – American veterans have never been known to back off when the going gets tough. The Houston Solar Car program received a check for $10,000 recently from Mississippi VFW for their work in promoting the state and their desire to stay on the cutting edge of technology. “We are all about veterans, veteran’s families […]
Tag Archives | Keith Reese
HOUSTON – The Houston Solar Race program started on a shoestring back in 1995 and things haven’t really changed much over the years. When Houston electricity teacher, Keith Reese, came up with the idea of creating a solar-powered car, there was no money in the school budget to cover costs. And there’s not much more […]
HOUSTON – The Houston Solar Race Team has spent the last year hosting fundraising events and soliciting sponsors for their upcoming race and has met their budget goals. The team hosted several events and the Sundancer Steering Committee sent out the call for sponsors and donations and received some extra help from a local business. […]
Solar car team racing for 13th consecutive national title. By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – They head to Texas and will race to California with plans to bring home their 13th national title in the Solar Car Challenge. The Houston Solar Race Team travels to Fort Worth this week to […]
HOUSTON – The Houston Solar Race team is busy getting ready for the upcoming Winston Solar Challenge, a road race from Round Rock, Texas, to Los Angeles, Calif., in July and they have a few boxes left to mark off on their list. The team, comprised of nine students and graduates of Houston High School, […]
HOUSTON – The Houston Solar Race team is once again preparing for national competition and residents and visitors to Houston will soon see the 12-time champion car around town and the area. The team is competing in the Winston Solar Challenge which this year will run from Texas to Los Angeles and have been […]
- Houston seeks tourism tax March 19, 2015
- MDWFP museum summer camp registration now open March 25, 2015
- HEAD HOOPER: Howland, Stricklin feel this is perfect fit for MSU basketball March 25, 2015
- MDWFP offers interactive map with fishing regulations March 25, 2015
- EDITORIAL: Time to plant March 26, 2015
- Ole Miss rallies for Jones March 26, 2015
- Hilltopper tennis squeezes in games March 26, 2015
- Lady Hilltoppers are rolling March 26, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: Tis spring and a young man’s thoughts turn to . . . baseball March 26, 2015
- Supervisors waiting for roads to dry March 26, 2015
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...
- i’m engaged, you can be too | architecture | equality: […] the design and related impacts of a new...
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...