WEST POINT – Carolyn Justice Cooper, 95, passed away on Thursday, Feb. 13, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center in West Point. She was born on July 3, 1918, to the late Grace Evans and Charles Richard Justice in Houston. She was a graduate of MUW, a member of First United Methodist Church, United Methodist […]
Tag Archives | Justice
“Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.” – Martin Luther King Jr. “Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.” – Martin Luther King […]
OKOLONA – Aldermen took no action after a hearing was held Nov. 12 with former Okolona Assistant Chief of Police Romona Robertson who was terminated from her job with the city Sept. 10. Okolona aldermen met in executive session for more than an hour to discuss personnel matters and Robertson’s hearing was part of that […]
By Bobby Harrison Daily Journal Jackson Bureau JACKSON — Both Republican Gov. Phil Bryant and Democratic Attorney General Jim Hood said they believe that changes to the state’s criminal justice system need to be enacted during the 2014 session to control costs while ensuring the people who are truly dangerous to society get long prison […]
SHANNON – Bond was set at $250,000 each for four suspects arraigned Tuesday in connection with the armed robbery of the Dollar General in Shannon last week. Bobby Sanders Jr., 18, of Shannon, and Rakeem Q. Bogan, 18, of Okolona, were each charged with armed robbery in the Thursday night incident. Two juveniles, Chavis Dilworth, […]
WEST POINT – Dorothy Ray Reed Felder, 90, passed away on Tuesday, June 11, 2013, at the Heritage Manor Nursing Home in Mandeville, La. She was born Jan. 12, 1923, in Oktibbeha County to Georgia Lee Justice Reed and Raymond Bell Reed. She was a graduate of Mississippi State University where she received her master’s […]
- DANIEL GARDNER: Divide or unite March 21, 2015
- Supervisors waiting for roads to dry March 26, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: Tis spring and a young man’s thoughts turn to . . . baseball March 26, 2015
- Lady Hilltoppers are rolling March 26, 2015
- Hilltopper tennis squeezes in games March 26, 2015
- DANIEL GARDNER: We’d best pay attention March 28, 2015
- Easter Egg Hunt is noon Saturday March 27, 2015
- IHL, Jones mull possible contract extension March 27, 2015
- Region’s jobless rate rises March 27, 2015
- Ole Miss rallies for Jones March 26, 2015
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...
- i’m engaged, you can be too | architecture | equality: […] the design and related impacts of a new...
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...