WEST POINT – Carolyn Justice Cooper, 95, passed away on Thursday, Feb. 13, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center in West Point. She was born on July 3, 1918, to the late Grace Evans and Charles Richard Justice in Houston. She was a graduate of MUW, a member of First United Methodist Church, United Methodist […]
Tag Archives | Justice
“Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.” – Martin Luther King Jr. “Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.” – Martin Luther King […]
OKOLONA – Aldermen took no action after a hearing was held Nov. 12 with former Okolona Assistant Chief of Police Romona Robertson who was terminated from her job with the city Sept. 10. Okolona aldermen met in executive session for more than an hour to discuss personnel matters and Robertson’s hearing was part of that […]
By Bobby Harrison Daily Journal Jackson Bureau JACKSON — Both Republican Gov. Phil Bryant and Democratic Attorney General Jim Hood said they believe that changes to the state’s criminal justice system need to be enacted during the 2014 session to control costs while ensuring the people who are truly dangerous to society get long prison […]
SHANNON – Bond was set at $250,000 each for four suspects arraigned Tuesday in connection with the armed robbery of the Dollar General in Shannon last week. Bobby Sanders Jr., 18, of Shannon, and Rakeem Q. Bogan, 18, of Okolona, were each charged with armed robbery in the Thursday night incident. Two juveniles, Chavis Dilworth, […]
WEST POINT – Dorothy Ray Reed Felder, 90, passed away on Tuesday, June 11, 2013, at the Heritage Manor Nursing Home in Mandeville, La. She was born Jan. 12, 1923, in Oktibbeha County to Georgia Lee Justice Reed and Raymond Bell Reed. She was a graduate of Mississippi State University where she received her master’s […]
- Topper Zone grand opening September 13, 2014
- Houston WalMart target of bomb scare September 17, 2014
- EDITORIAL: Your Hospital September 18, 2014
- ER closes, clinic opens at Trace September 18, 2014
- Houston running game rolls September 18, 2014
- BETTY ATKINSON: Honoring the U.S. Constitution September 19, 2014
- City ignores AG opinion on clerk post September 19, 2014
- Okolona falls hard, 25-24 September 18, 2014
- Lady Hilltoppers pounds Calhoun City September 18, 2014
- FLOYD INGRAM: How about a little change September 18, 2014
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...