HOUSTON – The community’s giant Independence Day celebration is just over a month away and the entertainment has been finalized. Houston Homecoming is set for June 28 on the Square in downtown Houston and a wide variety of musical talent has been lined up to entertain the crowd. “At any community event, it’s the music […]
Tag Archives | July 4
HOUSTON – The weather was perfect, the music was great and the crowds turned out for Houston Homecoming 2013. The annual community celebration on the Square in downtown Houston saw a large crowd turn out for an afternoon of food and entertainment and they all stuck around for the evening’s fireworks display. “We had […]
HOUSTON – Fireworks are allowed in Houston on July 4 and New Years and authorities warn that with this freedom comes certain responsibilities. “Everybody loves to shoot fireworks, but they need to do it right and know the rules,” said Houston Police Chief Billy Voyles. “If we get a call that they are being shot […]
“When, in the course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the laws of nature and of nature’s God entitle them, a decent respect to the […]
HOUSTON – Dr. Herman K. Smith will pause on July 4 and remember a different day and a different time and place. “We came ashore on Utah Beach on July 4, 1944,” said Smith a retired dentist from Houston. “It was about a month after D-Day and everything was still torn up and the front […]
I’m not from Houston, but I got here as quick as I could. One of the first events my family and I attended when we moved to Houston three years ago was Homecoming 2010. It was loads of fun and sparked a love for this community that continues to grow. Pizza, pickles, popcorn and snowcones […]
HOUSTON – There will be something for everyone at this year’s Houston Homecoming celebration as a well-rounds mix of music has been scheduled for the June 29 event. Those attending the annual downtown event on the Courthouse Square will not only get the traditional food, fun and fireworks, they will hear gospel, country, jazz and […]
HOUSTON – The dates for Houston Homecoming has been set and only the details remain to be determined for the community’s annual July 4th celebration on The Square downtown. July 4 falls on a Thursday this year and the Houston Homecoming committee had pondered hosting the annual event after Independence Day. “We’ve always held it […]
- Futral hired as Houston City Clerk October 21, 2014
- Pearson to be honored by state October 22, 2014
- Houston clicks on all cylinders October 23, 2014
- October 23, 2014
- RENEE CUNNINGHAM: Common Core: New math isn’t new October 18, 2014
- Field day planned for forages, beef October 24, 2014
- Crash ruptures gas line, blocks traffic on Hwy. 8 October 24, 2014
- Hebron downs Central Academy, 38-6 October 24, 2014
- FLOYD INGRAM: Sticks and stones . . . October 24, 2014
- Houston investigates racial slur October 24, 2014
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...
- Sad for Our Kids: Bravo! You've done your job as an advocate for a...
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...