Early voting has indicated voter turnout Tuesday in Chickasaw County was modest for a mid-term, party primary election. We are proud for that. But we do want to look around and try to find a reason why the majority of this community and county didn’t take the 10-minutes necessary to cast their ballot yesterday. In […]
Tag Archives | judges
JACKSON (AP) – The qualifying deadline is Friday for Mississippi’s the nonpartisan judicial races on the ballot for the Nov. 4 general election. On the ballot will be races for three Mississippi Court of Appeals judgeships and county, chancery and circuit judges across the state. The candidates run without party affiliation. The three incumbent members […]
We are pleased the Mississippi Department of Education chose to reward Houston Upper Elementary School academic achievement. A story on Page One of this newspaper explains the Champions of Change designation and how much it should mean to Houston School District and both our city and our county. We would like to point out some […]
Area schools concluded Red Ribbon Week recently and we hope the community got the message. Red Ribbon Week is aimed at students from kindergarten through fifth grade, and seeks to instill in them the facts that drug abuse is bad, drug abuse hurts people and drug abuse can kill you. Schools in Houston, Okolona and […]
- Remembering veterans November 14, 2014
- Safe from the storms November 17, 2014
- Keep it quiet! November 18, 2014
- NEMCC softball named NFCA Top 10 academically November 18, 2014
- Stephens cast in ICC production November 18, 2014
- Listening to those who served November 21, 2014
- Volunteers need to answer the call November 20, 2014
- Holiday stockpile November 20, 2014
- Roof concerns discussed again November 20, 2014
- TIP IT OFF! November 20, 2014
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...
- Sad for Our Kids: Bravo! You've done your job as an advocate for a...
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...