Early voting has indicated voter turnout Tuesday in Chickasaw County was modest for a mid-term, party primary election. We are proud for that. But we do want to look around and try to find a reason why the majority of this community and county didn’t take the 10-minutes necessary to cast their ballot yesterday. In […]
Tag Archives | judges
JACKSON (AP) – The qualifying deadline is Friday for Mississippi’s the nonpartisan judicial races on the ballot for the Nov. 4 general election. On the ballot will be races for three Mississippi Court of Appeals judgeships and county, chancery and circuit judges across the state. The candidates run without party affiliation. The three incumbent members […]
We are pleased the Mississippi Department of Education chose to reward Houston Upper Elementary School academic achievement. A story on Page One of this newspaper explains the Champions of Change designation and how much it should mean to Houston School District and both our city and our county. We would like to point out some […]
Area schools concluded Red Ribbon Week recently and we hope the community got the message. Red Ribbon Week is aimed at students from kindergarten through fifth grade, and seeks to instill in them the facts that drug abuse is bad, drug abuse hurts people and drug abuse can kill you. Schools in Houston, Okolona and […]
- COPES: Super Moms honored May 20, 2015
- Houston tourism tax vote set for Aug. 11 May 18, 2015
- Cook comes home to Houston May 21, 2015
- East Webster pitching halts Taylorsville May 21, 2015
- GAME ONE: Toppers fall hard in late innings May 21, 2015
- Houlka Homecoming 2015 is this weekend May 22, 2015
- Houston aldermen discuss Park & Recreation funds May 22, 2015
- East Webster toppled by inside-the-park HR in Game Two May 21, 2015
- Okolona graduates urged to excel May 21, 2015
- Police seek Dollar General bandit May 21, 2015
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...
- i’m engaged, you can be too | architecture | equality: […] the design and related impacts of a new...
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...