Early voting has indicated voter turnout Tuesday in Chickasaw County was modest for a mid-term, party primary election. We are proud for that. But we do want to look around and try to find a reason why the majority of this community and county didn’t take the 10-minutes necessary to cast their ballot yesterday. In […]
Tag Archives | judges
JACKSON (AP) – The qualifying deadline is Friday for Mississippi’s the nonpartisan judicial races on the ballot for the Nov. 4 general election. On the ballot will be races for three Mississippi Court of Appeals judgeships and county, chancery and circuit judges across the state. The candidates run without party affiliation. The three incumbent members […]
We are pleased the Mississippi Department of Education chose to reward Houston Upper Elementary School academic achievement. A story on Page One of this newspaper explains the Champions of Change designation and how much it should mean to Houston School District and both our city and our county. We would like to point out some […]
Area schools concluded Red Ribbon Week recently and we hope the community got the message. Red Ribbon Week is aimed at students from kindergarten through fifth grade, and seeks to instill in them the facts that drug abuse is bad, drug abuse hurts people and drug abuse can kill you. Schools in Houston, Okolona and […]
- Largemouth bass regulation could change on area lakes, reservoirs June 23, 2015
- Houston ponders budget shortfall June 25, 2015
- CDF hosts fishing rodeo at Legion Lake June 25, 2015
- Hood passes gavel at NAAG convention June 26, 2015
- Supreme Court extends same-sex marriage nationwide June 26, 2015
- GED offered at WIN, Excel June 29, 2015
- Chickasaw jobless rate plummets June 29, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: Giving your very best June 28, 2015
- Roberts is Miss Mississippi, Molly May named to Top 10 June 28, 2015
- TWO TOOTS: 2015 Business Of The Year June 28, 2015
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...
- Greg Schmidt: This is good news because this is one of the most ...
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...