Early voting has indicated voter turnout Tuesday in Chickasaw County was modest for a mid-term, party primary election. We are proud for that. But we do want to look around and try to find a reason why the majority of this community and county didn’t take the 10-minutes necessary to cast their ballot yesterday. In […]
Tag Archives | judges
JACKSON (AP) – The qualifying deadline is Friday for Mississippi’s the nonpartisan judicial races on the ballot for the Nov. 4 general election. On the ballot will be races for three Mississippi Court of Appeals judgeships and county, chancery and circuit judges across the state. The candidates run without party affiliation. The three incumbent members […]
We are pleased the Mississippi Department of Education chose to reward Houston Upper Elementary School academic achievement. A story on Page One of this newspaper explains the Champions of Change designation and how much it should mean to Houston School District and both our city and our county. We would like to point out some […]
Area schools concluded Red Ribbon Week recently and we hope the community got the message. Red Ribbon Week is aimed at students from kindergarten through fifth grade, and seeks to instill in them the facts that drug abuse is bad, drug abuse hurts people and drug abuse can kill you. Schools in Houston, Okolona and […]
- DANIEL GARDNER: Love and Hate July 22, 2015
- All weather walkers July 26, 2015
- Area students earn ICC scholarships July 26, 2015
- Houlka trustees Ok demolition, infrastructure details July 27, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: It’s time to consider your choices July 27, 2015
- Area residents graduate ICC program July 28, 2015
- Area trio earns ICC scholarships July 28, 2015
- Fusion Furniture expanding in Ecru July 28, 2015
- Unusually high absentee voting activity reported July 28, 2015
- Summer details handled by Okolona trustees July 28, 2015
- Jimmie Hardin: I for one cared that it was a week late. I live in...
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...
- Greg Schmidt: This is good news because this is one of the most ...
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...