HOUSTON – The food fun for this weekend’s Flywheel Festival starts Friday with a the Taste of Houston. Sponsored by the Chickasaw Development Foundation the event will see local merchants bring their wares and something good to eat to the First United Methodist Church Family Life Center at 11 a.m. Friday. Tickets to the event […]
Tag Archives | Joyce
HOUSTON – The Taste of Houston is shaping up well with several businesses on board to provide a sample of their favorite recipes and a little glimpse into their wares, services and products. The Taste of Houston has a different twist this year with business owners and merchants taking the serving spots on the buffet […]
WEST POINT – Richard Allen “Ricky” Kinsey, 48, passed away, on Wednesday, Jan. 15, 2014, at his home in West Point. He was born Aug. 19, 1965, in West Point to Joyce Fulgham and James Fraser Kinsey. He was a bartender on the Gulf Coast and worked in various restaurants. He was a member of […]
MAYSVILLE, N.C. – Sgt. Philip Stephen Shook, 29, passed away on Saturday, Nov. 9, 2013, at New Hanover Medical Center after injuries sustained in a motorcycle accident. He was a dedicated and decorated Marine who served two tours in Iraq and one in Japan with 10 years of service. His last unit assignment was with the […]
BOONEVILLE – Joyce Ricks Knight, 79, died Thursday, Sept. 5, 2013, at her home. She was a member of Worship Center Baptist Church. She enjoyed being at home working in her yard. She loved her family, especially her grandchildren and great-grandchildren. Services will be at 2 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 7, at Kesler Funeral Home […]
PASS CHRISTIAN – Joyce Shirlene McGee Linley Gwynn, 81, of Kiln, went to be with her Lord on Saturday, July 13, 2013. Joyce was a lifelong accountant in the community. She was a loving mother, grandmother and great-grandmother who was dedicated to her family and friends. She cherished her flowers and her beloved pet Gigi. […]
BRUCE – Birtis Joyce Bryant, 94, died Saturday, June 15, 2013, at Pioneer Health Services in Newton. She was born Feb. 1, 1919, in Calhoun County. A former resident of Bruce, she had lived in Newton since 2006. She was a member of Rocky Mt. Baptist Church. She was a homemaker and she served alongside […]
HOUSTON — Saxophone legend and Calhoun County native Ace Cannon will headline the Flywheel Festival in Houston and the nationally known musician is expected to draw a crowd to this year’s spring event. Cannon was inducted into both the Rock and Soul Hall of Fame and the Rockabilly Hall of Fame in 2000. In 2008, […]
Houston will honor its very best next month at the Chickasaw Development Foundation/Main Street annual banquet and meeting. The economic development event is slated for 6:30 p.m. April 4 at the First United Methodist Church on North Jackson Street. “Community awards will be presented to deserving persons and companies,” said Joyce East, CDF Executive Director. […]
HOUSTON – Joyce Booth Cole, 73, died Wednesday, March 13, 2013. She was born Feb. 21, 1940, in Paynes to Charles Booth and Doris Denley Booth. She enjoyed watching ladies basketball games, especially her University of Tennessee Volunteers. She loved her dogs, especially her 12-year-old Pomeranian, Jasmine and Paisley, and her 16-year-old Precious, that passed […]
- Houlka trustees Ok demolition, infrastructure details July 27, 2015
- Woman charged with trying to sell her baby July 30, 2015
- Ole Miss begins season No. 15 in coaches poll July 30, 2015
- County elections are Tuesday, Aug. 4 July 31, 2015
- Two charged in Calhoun County death July 31, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: A hot political summer August 3, 2015
- School immunization required August 2, 2015
- 2015-16 Back to School Supply lists for Houlka, Houston, Okolona August 2, 2015
- PERS retirees must stay vigilant August 2, 2015
- Mayors takes issue with column August 1, 2015
- Jimmie Hardin: I for one cared that it was a week late. I live in...
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...
- Greg Schmidt: This is good news because this is one of the most ...
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...