HOUSTON – The food fun for this weekend’s Flywheel Festival starts Friday with a the Taste of Houston. Sponsored by the Chickasaw Development Foundation the event will see local merchants bring their wares and something good to eat to the First United Methodist Church Family Life Center at 11 a.m. Friday. Tickets to the event […]
Tag Archives | Joyce
HOUSTON – The Taste of Houston is shaping up well with several businesses on board to provide a sample of their favorite recipes and a little glimpse into their wares, services and products. The Taste of Houston has a different twist this year with business owners and merchants taking the serving spots on the buffet […]
WEST POINT – Richard Allen “Ricky” Kinsey, 48, passed away, on Wednesday, Jan. 15, 2014, at his home in West Point. He was born Aug. 19, 1965, in West Point to Joyce Fulgham and James Fraser Kinsey. He was a bartender on the Gulf Coast and worked in various restaurants. He was a member of […]
MAYSVILLE, N.C. – Sgt. Philip Stephen Shook, 29, passed away on Saturday, Nov. 9, 2013, at New Hanover Medical Center after injuries sustained in a motorcycle accident. He was a dedicated and decorated Marine who served two tours in Iraq and one in Japan with 10 years of service. His last unit assignment was with the […]
BOONEVILLE – Joyce Ricks Knight, 79, died Thursday, Sept. 5, 2013, at her home. She was a member of Worship Center Baptist Church. She enjoyed being at home working in her yard. She loved her family, especially her grandchildren and great-grandchildren. Services will be at 2 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 7, at Kesler Funeral Home […]
PASS CHRISTIAN – Joyce Shirlene McGee Linley Gwynn, 81, of Kiln, went to be with her Lord on Saturday, July 13, 2013. Joyce was a lifelong accountant in the community. She was a loving mother, grandmother and great-grandmother who was dedicated to her family and friends. She cherished her flowers and her beloved pet Gigi. […]
BRUCE – Birtis Joyce Bryant, 94, died Saturday, June 15, 2013, at Pioneer Health Services in Newton. She was born Feb. 1, 1919, in Calhoun County. A former resident of Bruce, she had lived in Newton since 2006. She was a member of Rocky Mt. Baptist Church. She was a homemaker and she served alongside […]
HOUSTON — Saxophone legend and Calhoun County native Ace Cannon will headline the Flywheel Festival in Houston and the nationally known musician is expected to draw a crowd to this year’s spring event. Cannon was inducted into both the Rock and Soul Hall of Fame and the Rockabilly Hall of Fame in 2000. In 2008, […]
Houston will honor its very best next month at the Chickasaw Development Foundation/Main Street annual banquet and meeting. The economic development event is slated for 6:30 p.m. April 4 at the First United Methodist Church on North Jackson Street. “Community awards will be presented to deserving persons and companies,” said Joyce East, CDF Executive Director. […]
HOUSTON – Joyce Booth Cole, 73, died Wednesday, March 13, 2013. She was born Feb. 21, 1940, in Paynes to Charles Booth and Doris Denley Booth. She enjoyed watching ladies basketball games, especially her University of Tennessee Volunteers. She loved her dogs, especially her 12-year-old Pomeranian, Jasmine and Paisley, and her 16-year-old Precious, that passed […]
- Houston considers tax increase August 27, 2014
- THOMPSON: Paying at the pump August 30, 2014
- Jori Abi Boston August 31, 2014
- ALLEN: First day at new job August 31, 2014
- BRASSFIELD: Thank you Chickasaw County! August 31, 2014
- Manning case back before Miss. Supreme Court September 2, 2014
- Police find body of missing teenager September 2, 2014
- Alleged Craigslist counterfeit scammers from Okolona, West Point arrested September 2, 2014
- Houston’s Scott receives NSHSS honor September 2, 2014
- CUNNINGHAM: Common Core linked to federal dollars September 1, 2014
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...
- Pat Southerland: It is interesting to see that Mrs. Dendy is resign...