WEST POINT – Richard Allen “Ricky” Kinsey, 48, passed away, on Wednesday, Jan. 15, 2014, at his home in West Point. He was born Aug. 19, 1965, in West Point to Joyce Fulgham and James Fraser Kinsey. He was a bartender on the Gulf Coast and worked in various restaurants. He was a member of […]
Tag Archives | Joyce
MAYSVILLE, N.C. – Sgt. Philip Stephen Shook, 29, passed away on Saturday, Nov. 9, 2013, at New Hanover Medical Center after injuries sustained in a motorcycle accident. He was a dedicated and decorated Marine who served two tours in Iraq and one in Japan with 10 years of service. His last unit assignment was with the […]
BOONEVILLE – Joyce Ricks Knight, 79, died Thursday, Sept. 5, 2013, at her home. She was a member of Worship Center Baptist Church. She enjoyed being at home working in her yard. She loved her family, especially her grandchildren and great-grandchildren. Services will be at 2 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 7, at Kesler Funeral Home […]
PASS CHRISTIAN – Joyce Shirlene McGee Linley Gwynn, 81, of Kiln, went to be with her Lord on Saturday, July 13, 2013. Joyce was a lifelong accountant in the community. She was a loving mother, grandmother and great-grandmother who was dedicated to her family and friends. She cherished her flowers and her beloved pet Gigi. […]
BRUCE – Birtis Joyce Bryant, 94, died Saturday, June 15, 2013, at Pioneer Health Services in Newton. She was born Feb. 1, 1919, in Calhoun County. A former resident of Bruce, she had lived in Newton since 2006. She was a member of Rocky Mt. Baptist Church. She was a homemaker and she served alongside […]
HOUSTON — Saxophone legend and Calhoun County native Ace Cannon will headline the Flywheel Festival in Houston and the nationally known musician is expected to draw a crowd to this year’s spring event. Cannon was inducted into both the Rock and Soul Hall of Fame and the Rockabilly Hall of Fame in 2000. In 2008, […]
Houston will honor its very best next month at the Chickasaw Development Foundation/Main Street annual banquet and meeting. The economic development event is slated for 6:30 p.m. April 4 at the First United Methodist Church on North Jackson Street. “Community awards will be presented to deserving persons and companies,” said Joyce East, CDF Executive Director. […]
HOUSTON – Joyce Booth Cole, 73, died Wednesday, March 13, 2013. She was born Feb. 21, 1940, in Paynes to Charles Booth and Doris Denley Booth. She enjoyed watching ladies basketball games, especially her University of Tennessee Volunteers. She loved her dogs, especially her 12-year-old Pomeranian, Jasmine and Paisley, and her 16-year-old Precious, that passed […]
- Claude Johnson March 7, 2014
- EDITORIAL: School Consolidation March 6, 2014
- Voter ID available at Clerk’s office March 6, 2014
- Lady Rams open season March 6, 2014
- STEVE COKER: Sounds of silence March 6, 2014
- Claude Johnson March 7, 2014
- Shunta Evans March 7, 2014
- Countywide school board elections set for November March 7, 2014
- The sports cycle March 6, 2014
- Man convicted of killing cyclist dies in prison March 6, 2014
- Marathon set for Tanglefoot Trail | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Trail opening was top story for 2013 [...
- Tickets issued for dogs in Okolona | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Robertson speaks to Okolona Aldermen [...
- DOCKET: Circuit Court in Okolona | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Circuit Court verdicts imposed in Okolon...
- WEDDING: Earnest/Morgan | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] E.J. Earnest […]...
- 60th ANNIVERSARY: Rad & Betty Clark | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Ralph Coggins […]...