OKOLONA – After a lawsuit, court costs and controversy the Chickasaw County Board of Supervisors signed off on work on County Road 4 last week. Supervisors were approached by County Engineer Ed Springer at their regular board meeting Tuesday, June 24 with documents that will close out work that resurfaced 1.39 miles of County Road […]
Tag Archives | journal
We celebrate Mother’s Day on Sunday. Preacher will extoll the virtues of mothers on Sunday and come back in a few weeks and beat up on men on Father’s Day. Such is Southern culture. Such is the fact that good women can bring out the best in good men. First there was the woman who […]
As most of us ponder what we will get or give for Christmas, we would like to ask our readers to step back and think about those doing without this holiday season. There are many who have been hit hard by the recent economic downturn. There are always many who have been given a bad […]
HOUSTON – Newspapers used as educational tools have a long history in the United States and schools in the local readership area already have their programs in place for the academic year. The Chickasaw Journal enlists the support of local businesses and individuals to help provide a copy of the weekly newspaper to fourth grade […]
I saw a sign recently in a Tupelo dress store that said, “Thin may be in, but fats’ where it’s at.” There seems to be a trend to a more “healthy” look among fashion conscious females. I hope that trend applies to today’s Chickasaw Journal. You hold in your hand one big fat paper filled […]
Look inside this week‘s edition of the Chickasaw Journal for our annual Cutest Pet contest to benefit the Newspapers in Education program. Seven adorable pets were entered into this year’s contest and voting is open from today through 5 p.m. today. Votes cost 25-cents each. To vote for your favorite pet entry, stop by the […]
MOOREVILLE – Judy Faye Putt, 59, died suddenly on Sunday, March 10, 2013, at Methodist University Hospital in Memphis. She was born Jan. 25, 1954, in Waukegan, Ill., to William R. and Joann Lippincott Harbin. Judy graduated in 1972 from Mantachie High School, and then attended Itawamba Community College. She was a 1976 graduate of […]
The Christmas holidays have pushed the delivery date for this week’s Chickasaw Journal from Wednesday to Thursday. The newspaper was printed a day late to allow production crews to spend Christmas Day with their families and the staff and employees of the Chickasaw Journal appreciate your patience.If you do not have a newspaper in your […]
- City changes procedures for Parks & Rec cash receipts September 15, 2014
- City ignores AG opinion on clerk post September 19, 2014
- BETTY ATKINSON: Honoring the U.S. Constitution September 19, 2014
- MDWFP BRIEFS: Weapon changes for deer hunters September 20, 2014
- WEEK 5: High school football scores September 20, 2014
- Shempert/Norwood September 21, 2014
- Making their special day, extra special September 21, 2014
- Pontotoc liquor vote tied with five ballots out September 20, 2014
- Mississippi aims to apply for federal preschool grant September 20, 2014
- MSMS to host info meeting in Oxford September 20, 2014
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...