OKOLONA – After a lawsuit, court costs and controversy the Chickasaw County Board of Supervisors signed off on work on County Road 4 last week. Supervisors were approached by County Engineer Ed Springer at their regular board meeting Tuesday, June 24 with documents that will close out work that resurfaced 1.39 miles of County Road […]
Tag Archives | journal
We celebrate Mother’s Day on Sunday. Preacher will extoll the virtues of mothers on Sunday and come back in a few weeks and beat up on men on Father’s Day. Such is Southern culture. Such is the fact that good women can bring out the best in good men. First there was the woman who […]
As most of us ponder what we will get or give for Christmas, we would like to ask our readers to step back and think about those doing without this holiday season. There are many who have been hit hard by the recent economic downturn. There are always many who have been given a bad […]
HOUSTON – Newspapers used as educational tools have a long history in the United States and schools in the local readership area already have their programs in place for the academic year. The Chickasaw Journal enlists the support of local businesses and individuals to help provide a copy of the weekly newspaper to fourth grade […]
I saw a sign recently in a Tupelo dress store that said, “Thin may be in, but fats’ where it’s at.” There seems to be a trend to a more “healthy” look among fashion conscious females. I hope that trend applies to today’s Chickasaw Journal. You hold in your hand one big fat paper filled […]
Look inside this week‘s edition of the Chickasaw Journal for our annual Cutest Pet contest to benefit the Newspapers in Education program. Seven adorable pets were entered into this year’s contest and voting is open from today through 5 p.m. today. Votes cost 25-cents each. To vote for your favorite pet entry, stop by the […]
MOOREVILLE – Judy Faye Putt, 59, died suddenly on Sunday, March 10, 2013, at Methodist University Hospital in Memphis. She was born Jan. 25, 1954, in Waukegan, Ill., to William R. and Joann Lippincott Harbin. Judy graduated in 1972 from Mantachie High School, and then attended Itawamba Community College. She was a 1976 graduate of […]
The Christmas holidays have pushed the delivery date for this week’s Chickasaw Journal from Wednesday to Thursday. The newspaper was printed a day late to allow production crews to spend Christmas Day with their families and the staff and employees of the Chickasaw Journal appreciate your patience.If you do not have a newspaper in your […]
- School ratings a shame November 16, 2014
- TIP IT OFF! November 20, 2014
- Roof concerns discussed again November 20, 2014
- Holiday stockpile November 20, 2014
- Volunteers need to answer the call November 20, 2014
- Brand, Wright honored by ICC November 22, 2014
- Mississippi jobless rate at 7.6 percent in October November 22, 2014
- WEEK 14: High school football playoff scores November 22, 2014
- Floy Dyer serving community seniors November 22, 2014
- Hunting is part of my heritage November 21, 2014
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...
- Sad for Our Kids: Bravo! You've done your job as an advocate for a...
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...