BELDEN – State senator and former Greenwood city councilman David L. Jordan will present “From the Mississippi Cotton Fields to the State Senate,” his memoir, at 2 p.m., Sept. 10, at the Itawamba Community College Belden Center. Admission is free. Jordan will recount his story which includes life as the youngest of five children in […]
Tag Archives | Jordan
By Jack Elliott Jr. Associated Press JACKSON – A Mississippi death row inmate is back before the state’s high court to challenge the evidence and his lawyer’s performance during his trial in the slayings of two elderly women. Willie Jerome Manning is appealing an Oktibbeha County judge’s denial of his post-conviction challenges related to evidence […]
By Jack Elliott Jr. Associated Press JACKSON – Attorneys for death row inmate Willie Jerome Manning are arguing again that Manning deserves a new trial for killing two sisters in 1993 in Starkville. Manning is appealing an Oktibbeha County judge’s denial of his post-conviction challenges related to evidence in his trial and his lawyer’s performance. […]
STUART, Fla. – Colleen McVey Byrne passed away peacefully Sunday, March 30, 2014, at her home in Stuart, Fla. She was born in Chicago in 1927 to Thomas and May McVey. She married Thomas A. Byrne in 1951 and they settled in Springfield, where they reared their family, adopting five children. They retired to Stuart, […]
Patricia and Hart Beatty and Ed and Valarie Earnest, of Woodland, are pleased to announce the marriage of their daughter, Jordan Claire Earnest to James Tyler Morgan of Sturgis. Miss Earnest is a graduate of Houston High School, Itawamba Community College and a 2010 graduate of Mississippi State University. She is a science […]
HOUSTON – It’s not the route any of them wanted to go to get their GED, but they are looking to the future and doors it may open. Five inmates at the Chickasaw County Regional Correctional Facility recently earned their GED (General Education Development) diploma and were the focus of a quick graduation ceremony […]
- DANIEL GARDNER: Love and Hate July 22, 2015
- All weather walkers July 26, 2015
- Area students earn ICC scholarships July 26, 2015
- Houlka trustees Ok demolition, infrastructure details July 27, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: It’s time to consider your choices July 27, 2015
- Area residents graduate ICC program July 28, 2015
- Area trio earns ICC scholarships July 28, 2015
- Fusion Furniture expanding in Ecru July 28, 2015
- Unusually high absentee voting activity reported July 28, 2015
- Summer details handled by Okolona trustees July 28, 2015
- Jimmie Hardin: I for one cared that it was a week late. I live in...
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...
- Greg Schmidt: This is good news because this is one of the most ...
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...