Okolona is looking at establishing a Mississippi Driver’s License office at the Rockwell Auditorium and we hope they are successful. The Mississippi Department of Public Safety ruffled this community a year ago when it decided to close its longtime office at the Fire Department in Houston. DPS said it was a cost cutting measure, but […]
Tag Archives | Jolly
OKOLONA – Aldermen would love to have a Mississippi driver’s license office at Rockwell Auditorium, but the demands of the Mississippi State Highway Patrol won’t make it easy. The Okolona Board of Aldermen received a list of office requirements the state needs before it can establish a driver’s license testing location in town. The […]
by Bobby Harrison NEMS Daily Journal JACKSON – Supervisors in about 35 rural counties across the state can now request the Mississippi Department of Public Safety to place a driver’s license examiner or a kiosk where people can renew their license in their county seat. The legislation requiring the Department of Public Safety to […]
HOUSTON – They are undefeated over the past 11-years in a high-tech field filled with teams that are better funded and come from much larger communities. The Houston Solar Car team was presented to the Mississippi Senate Thursday and after a brief presentation explaining their vehicle and their accomplishments was given a standing ovation by […]
Consider this predicament: For a Chickasaw County resident to get a license to drive on the state’s highways they have to drive out of the county to be tested and photographed to obtain that privilege. But a bill before the Mississippi Legislature may soon require the Mississippi Department of Public Safety to have a driver’s […]
By Bobby Harrison Daily Journal Capitol Correspondent JACKSON – State Sen. Russell Jolly, D-Houston, represents a sprawling district that includes all of Chickasaw, and portions of Grenada, Calhoun and southwest Lee counties. With the exception of the people who live in the Lee County portion of his district, all of Jolly’s constituents must cross county […]
By Jeff Amy The Associated Press JACKSON — State education officials could only take over a school district for three years under a bill moving forward in the Senate. The Senate Education Committee approved Senate Bill 2124, sponsored by Sen. Steve Hale, D-Senatobia. The bill goes to the Senate for more debate. Hale says that […]
- Battle of Egypt marked and remembered March 22, 2015
- Hilltopper tennis squeezes in games March 26, 2015
- Ole Miss rallies for Jones March 26, 2015
- Region’s jobless rate rises March 27, 2015
- IHL, Jones mull possible contract extension March 27, 2015
- BIRTH: Emmitt Verell Wright March 29, 2015
- State releases detailed bass summary March 29, 2015
- First Turkey March 28, 2015
- One dead in crash south of Okolona March 28, 2015
- Yokohama Mississippi nearing completion March 28, 2015
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...
- i’m engaged, you can be too | architecture | equality: […] the design and related impacts of a new...
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...