HOUSTON – He started four mayors ago, but for Johnny Spraggins it’s not who he knows but what he knows. Spraggins, a 30-year employee with the Houston Street Department, was remembered by fellow workers and city personnel as someone who knew his job and someone who always came to work with the right attitude to […]
Tag Archives | Johnny
HOUSTON – Major Danny Blanton told of that fateful day in July 2005 when he performed CPR on a Marine sergeant fatally wounded when a bomb exploded under the vehicle that sergeant was riding in on a road in Anbar Province Iraq. Blanton also told of the son of that sergeant who turned down an […]
PITTSBORO – Johnny Franklin Brummett, 66, Saturday, Nov. 2, 2013, at his residence. He was born Sept. 30, 1947, in Bruce. He was a Methodist and a Mason, where he was a member of the Antioch Lodge 549 of Bruce. He was also a member of The Calhoun County Shrine Club. He was a graduate […]
OKOLONA – Johnny “Godfather” Powe, 56, died Monday, April 29, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center. He was born Nov. 21, 1956, to Robert Lee Powe Sr. and Alice Garth. He was a graduate of Okolona High School and a member of Red Bud Church. He loved deejaying. Services will be at 1 p.m. Sunday […]
OKOLONA – Johnny Powe died Monday, April 29, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center. Arrangements are incomplete and will be announced later by Williams Memorial Funeral Home of Okolona.
Special to the Chickasaw Journal JACKSON – East Webster’s bowling team has definitely found its place in the championship city. After sweeping the regional tournament in Tupelo at Rebel Lanes, the Wolverines were ready to take care of business in Jackson. Starting the day with the best two games of the tournament, the Wolverines took […]
TUPELO – Johnny Joe Watkins, 65, died Friday, Feb. 22, 2013, at his daughter’s home in Shannon. He was born Nov. 15, 1947, to Levi Watkins and Jeanette Brown Watkins. He received his education at Carver School and graduated in 1969 from Shannon School. He was a member of Second Baptist Church and a truck […]
- Cook named HSD superintendent May 21, 2015
- Monday morning Memorial Day May 24, 2015
- Click It or Ticket! May 25, 2015
- State of the Region Meeting is Wednesday May 26, 2015
- Handgrabbing fishing season is open statewide until July 15 May 26, 2015
- Hilltoppers nipped by St. Stanislaus May 28, 2015
- County signs final notice for CR4 May 28, 2015
- Eighty-two Toppers move tassel May 28, 2015
- 2015 alligator hunting seasons announced May 27, 2015
- Learning to give May 27, 2015
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...
- i’m engaged, you can be too | architecture | equality: […] the design and related impacts of a new...
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...