HOUSTON – He started four mayors ago, but for Johnny Spraggins it’s not who he knows but what he knows. Spraggins, a 30-year employee with the Houston Street Department, was remembered by fellow workers and city personnel as someone who knew his job and someone who always came to work with the right attitude to […]
Tag Archives | Johnny
HOUSTON – Major Danny Blanton told of that fateful day in July 2005 when he performed CPR on a Marine sergeant fatally wounded when a bomb exploded under the vehicle that sergeant was riding in on a road in Anbar Province Iraq. Blanton also told of the son of that sergeant who turned down an […]
PITTSBORO – Johnny Franklin Brummett, 66, Saturday, Nov. 2, 2013, at his residence. He was born Sept. 30, 1947, in Bruce. He was a Methodist and a Mason, where he was a member of the Antioch Lodge 549 of Bruce. He was also a member of The Calhoun County Shrine Club. He was a graduate […]
OKOLONA – Johnny “Godfather” Powe, 56, died Monday, April 29, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center. He was born Nov. 21, 1956, to Robert Lee Powe Sr. and Alice Garth. He was a graduate of Okolona High School and a member of Red Bud Church. He loved deejaying. Services will be at 1 p.m. Sunday […]
OKOLONA – Johnny Powe died Monday, April 29, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center. Arrangements are incomplete and will be announced later by Williams Memorial Funeral Home of Okolona.
Special to the Chickasaw Journal JACKSON – East Webster’s bowling team has definitely found its place in the championship city. After sweeping the regional tournament in Tupelo at Rebel Lanes, the Wolverines were ready to take care of business in Jackson. Starting the day with the best two games of the tournament, the Wolverines took […]
TUPELO – Johnny Joe Watkins, 65, died Friday, Feb. 22, 2013, at his daughter’s home in Shannon. He was born Nov. 15, 1947, to Levi Watkins and Jeanette Brown Watkins. He received his education at Carver School and graduated in 1969 from Shannon School. He was a member of Second Baptist Church and a truck […]
- County picks MedStat ambulances September 25, 2014
- RENEE CUNNINGHAM: Common Core; Do the math September 27, 2014
- Future of farming September 28, 2014
- NMMC offers pastoral education program September 28, 2014
- Aldermen eye Ethics opinion September 29, 2014
- EPA conducts water quality study on Chico Creek October 1, 2014
- WEEK 6: AP high school football state rankings September 30, 2014
- Senate not only race on November ballot September 30, 2014
- Houston donates bus to Chickasaw EMA September 30, 2014
- Enterovirus D68 confirmed in Calhoun County September 30, 2014
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...