Several runners from the readership area participated in the annual Gum Tree 10K race in Tupelo May 11. Women 14-19 Mary-Michael Edwards, Houlka, 1:14:39 HIllary Colbert, Houston, 1:34:27 Hannah Armstrong, Houston, 1:34:31 30-34 April Moore, Houston, 1:01:10 Men 14-19 Trey Griggs, Houston, 46:37 20-24 Wesley Edwards, Houlka, 57:15 60-64 John Hill, Mantee, 1:10:36
Tag Archives | John
HOUSTON – Chickasaw County native and Mississippi Attorney General Jim Hood will speak at the Mississippi Fallen Officers Memorial Service set for May 16 at Fair Park in Tupelo. The service is held at different locations and this marks the 15th year for the ceremony that will see all 98 names of fallen law enforcement […]
WEST POINT – John Clifton Gable, 78, passed away on Wednesday, April 24, 2013, at Sanctuary Hospice House, in Tupelo. He was born Feb. 13, 1935, in Vardaman to Mattie Virginia McCullough and Waites Gable. He was a member of First United Methodist Church. He worked with USF&G Insurance Company for 36 years as an […]
HOUSTON – The local numbers are staggering and the wounds inflicted by violent crime in this community can take years to heal. SURVIVAL, Inc. is currently working with more than 30 people in Chickasaw County who have been the victim of violent crime. The organization is working with hundreds of people in a six-county area. […]
OKOLONA – John William Jaggers, 63, died Friday, April 19, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center after an extended illness. He was born Feb. 6, 1950, in Tupelo to John Thomas Jaggers and Sudie Madalene Bryant Jaggers. He joined the Marines and was a veteran of the Vietnam War. Upon returning home from the war, […]
HOUSTON – The grass grows quick, tall and in a lot of places in city parks and Aldermen have let the bid to keep it neat and trimmed. A-1 Lawn Care and Jeff Gravatt was the low bidder for the mowing contract for city parks and the city cemetery let by the Houston Board of […]
SHANNON – John Wilbert Lindsey Jr., 69, died Friday, March 15, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center. He was born Dec. 29, 1943, to John Wilbert Lindsey and Earline Townsend. He was a member of Union Baptist Church, where he was a member of the Trustee Board and the male chorus and president of the […]
PHEBA – John Michael “Foots” Vance, 66, passed away on Friday, March 15, 2013, at his home in Pheba. He was born Dec. 30, 1946, in Houston to Anna Lloyd Fant Morgan and Lt. Col. John Gurney Vance. He began working for GM&O Railroad in 1971. He was a conductor with Kansas City Southern for […]
HOUSTON – A positive approach to discipline creates a positive learning environment and gives students a positive outlook on life. The Houston Upper Elementary School implemented PBIS (Positive Behavioral Interventions and Support) last year and has been named a model school by program authors at the state level. “The goal is to prevent behavior problems […]
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings April 25, 2016
- SCORES: Thursday, April 28 softball and baseball April 29, 2016
- Magazine available to community April 29, 2016
- NFL DRAFT: Tunsil falls to Miami in coach pay scandal, Jones misses 1st Round April 29, 2016
- Tunsil says he took money from an Ole Miss coach April 29, 2016
- SCORES: Baseball Saturday, April 30 May 1, 2016
- CARA CHISM: Let’s work together for community May 1, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The Square May 1, 2016
- Murder/suicide ruled in Okolona Motel deaths April 30, 2016
- GLENN MOLLETTE: Musicians die but never the music April 30, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...