HOUSTON – The local numbers are staggering and the wounds inflicted by violent crime in this community can take years to heal. SURVIVAL, Inc. is currently working with more than 30 people in Chickasaw County who have been the victim of violent crime. The organization is working with hundreds of people in a six-county area. […]
Tag Archives | John
OKOLONA – John William Jaggers, 63, died Friday, April 19, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center after an extended illness. He was born Feb. 6, 1950, in Tupelo to John Thomas Jaggers and Sudie Madalene Bryant Jaggers. He joined the Marines and was a veteran of the Vietnam War. Upon returning home from the war, […]
HOUSTON – The grass grows quick, tall and in a lot of places in city parks and Aldermen have let the bid to keep it neat and trimmed. A-1 Lawn Care and Jeff Gravatt was the low bidder for the mowing contract for city parks and the city cemetery let by the Houston Board of […]
SHANNON – John Wilbert Lindsey Jr., 69, died Friday, March 15, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center. He was born Dec. 29, 1943, to John Wilbert Lindsey and Earline Townsend. He was a member of Union Baptist Church, where he was a member of the Trustee Board and the male chorus and president of the […]
PHEBA – John Michael “Foots” Vance, 66, passed away on Friday, March 15, 2013, at his home in Pheba. He was born Dec. 30, 1946, in Houston to Anna Lloyd Fant Morgan and Lt. Col. John Gurney Vance. He began working for GM&O Railroad in 1971. He was a conductor with Kansas City Southern for […]
HOUSTON – A positive approach to discipline creates a positive learning environment and gives students a positive outlook on life. The Houston Upper Elementary School implemented PBIS (Positive Behavioral Interventions and Support) last year and has been named a model school by program authors at the state level. “The goal is to prevent behavior problems […]
- Weather prompts outages, closings, curfews February 26, 2015
- Lenten Luncheon continues this week March 2, 2015
- UPDATE: Four hurt, two dead in Calhoun County wreck March 2, 2015
- Moore to attend Clinton Global Initiative March 2, 2015
- Chickasaw United Way allocates dollars March 3, 2015
- Ice, sleet accumulation expected tonight in region March 4, 2015
- Bats go cold in Bulldogs’ first loss March 4, 2015
- Habitat seeks potential homeowners March 4, 2015
- Mitchell Adair named Hinds 2014 graduate March 3, 2015
- Another winter storm may await March 3, 2015
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...