HOUSTON – Legion Lake is one of the unheralded natural resources of Houston, but it will be the place to be Saturday morning when the sun comes up. The Chickasaw Development Foundation and the Houston Hawg Callers bass fishing club will host the first annual Legion Lake Lunker Fishing Tournament for Kids with registration starting […]
Tag Archives | John Walden
HOUSTON – They have chosen the name Houston Business Group and now seek to draw people to the organization and get to work. Those gathered at the Civic Center Tuesday night also voted to set regular meeting dates and expressed an interest to plan several events for the spring “We wanted a name that reflected […]
Two big community events took place this weekend in Chickasaw County. Okolona hosted the Battle of Okolona on the 150th Anniversary of this historic Civil War engagement. The Houston Community Theatre hosted “Hello, Dolly,” the ninth production for this local acting troupe. Both events drew people to their respective communities and both events showed we […]
HOUSTON – The Chickasaw Development Foundation came before the Houston Board of Aldermen with their hat in their hand but also a smile on their face and a long list of accomplishments in 2013 last week. CDF approached the Houston Board of Aldermen seeking funding for 2014 and a change in the way revenue is […]
HOUSTON – Residents at Floy Dyer Manor Extended Care in Houston will have a new piece of artwork to enjoy. A painting of an angel is now hanging in the entryway thanks to a partnership between John and Peggy Walden and Candace Stephenson. Stephenson created the artwork at the T.K. Martin Center for Technology at […]
HOUSTON – Ashley Bass is confined to a wheel chair, but her art knows no bounds. “My art allows me to express myself,” said said Bass. “A lot of people like my art and I can’t tell you how important that is when they look at one of my paintings, smile and tell me […]
HOUSTON – The Chickasaw Development Foundation voted to change their mission statement and will now focus more on community building, attracting businesses and improving the quality of life for Chickasaw County. CDF bylaws require the organization to have a mission statement and leaders are charged with following it and using it as a guide in […]
- Fuller Center cyclist pedal through Houston. April 23, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Collecting old fines, collecting on promises April 28, 2016
- A perfect festival April 28, 2016
- Lady Toppers tripped by Lady Wolverines April 28, 2016
- Rams fall short on Senior Night April 28, 2016
- Fast moving front rattles Chickasaw County April 29, 2016
- Chickasaw County no longer under tornado warning April 29, 2016
- JIM HOOD: Ignoring needs is not good government April 29, 2016
- Tunsil says he took money from an Ole Miss coach April 29, 2016
- NFL DRAFT: Tunsil falls to Miami in coach pay scandal, Jones misses 1st Round April 29, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...