HOUSTON – Legion Lake is one of the unheralded natural resources of Houston, but it will be the place to be Saturday morning when the sun comes up. The Chickasaw Development Foundation and the Houston Hawg Callers bass fishing club will host the first annual Legion Lake Lunker Fishing Tournament for Kids with registration starting […]
Tag Archives | John Walden
HOUSTON – They have chosen the name Houston Business Group and now seek to draw people to the organization and get to work. Those gathered at the Civic Center Tuesday night also voted to set regular meeting dates and expressed an interest to plan several events for the spring “We wanted a name that reflected […]
Two big community events took place this weekend in Chickasaw County. Okolona hosted the Battle of Okolona on the 150th Anniversary of this historic Civil War engagement. The Houston Community Theatre hosted “Hello, Dolly,” the ninth production for this local acting troupe. Both events drew people to their respective communities and both events showed we […]
HOUSTON – The Chickasaw Development Foundation came before the Houston Board of Aldermen with their hat in their hand but also a smile on their face and a long list of accomplishments in 2013 last week. CDF approached the Houston Board of Aldermen seeking funding for 2014 and a change in the way revenue is […]
HOUSTON – Residents at Floy Dyer Manor Extended Care in Houston will have a new piece of artwork to enjoy. A painting of an angel is now hanging in the entryway thanks to a partnership between John and Peggy Walden and Candace Stephenson. Stephenson created the artwork at the T.K. Martin Center for Technology at […]
HOUSTON – Ashley Bass is confined to a wheel chair, but her art knows no bounds. “My art allows me to express myself,” said said Bass. “A lot of people like my art and I can’t tell you how important that is when they look at one of my paintings, smile and tell me […]
HOUSTON – The Chickasaw Development Foundation voted to change their mission statement and will now focus more on community building, attracting businesses and improving the quality of life for Chickasaw County. CDF bylaws require the organization to have a mission statement and leaders are charged with following it and using it as a guide in […]
- Floy Dyer serving community seniors November 22, 2014
- Mississippi producing big bucks November 25, 2014
- Come in from the cold November 26, 2014
- Rams to hoop it up in Vardaman November 26, 2014
- Davis Lake bridge bids opened November 27, 2014
- Who’s No. 1! November 28, 2014
- Monroe authorities need help locating missing man November 28, 2014
- Solar farm shines in Chickasaw County November 28, 2014
- Houlka powers past North Pontotoc November 27, 2014
- Houston nips Wildcats November 27, 2014
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...
- Sad for Our Kids: Bravo! You've done your job as an advocate for a...
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...